Who wins AA in 2020-21, and why?

tssaafan

2 hours ago, chrisburr said:

Fulton (If we havent moved to AAA this season)

If we have.....

Then Union County

Are you serious are you just being funny? Fulton wouldn’t win in 3A 2A or 1A there’s 20 teams in 2A better than Fulton and Union is just bad. I hope you’re just being funny and don’t really believe that.

20 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Upperman is the best team in the state right now in Div I and yes I’m including AAA. 

IM not saying there not but time will tell and according to the ranking on here and everywhere else this is not a true statement. It may become a true statement and I think it's highly, highly possible but until then and until they beat Macon which they haven't the last 7 times this is not true. Do I think it will happen? I think they will split the season and one will win the district tournament and then the other win the region. Do I think they both will be in the state? Yes do I think Macon can win there I being honest I just don't know.

My current top 10. (This is based on results to this point in the season)

1. Upperman - really good, really experienced, one of the favorites to win state

1. Macon Co - really good, really experienced, one of the favorites to win state

3. Jackson South Side - schedule has been a little softer than usual (prob due to COVID) but should finish the regular season undefeated; Currie-Jelks is the real deal

4. Grainger - only losses to Stone Memorial and Oakland, need to avoid Northview Acad in sectional game

5. Northview Academy - only loss to Bearden, need to avoid Grainger in sectional game

6. Westview - always solid, schedule has been weak this year, Harrison is the real deal

7. McMinn Central - young, talented; Alcoa loss was a little surprising

8. Covington - always tough, physical; no bad losses; Fayette-Ware could challenge them in region

9. Creekwood - fundamental, can shoot the 3 ball, could be the year they make state tournament especially if Nashville Metro continues to opt out

10. Livingston Academy - tough district, all 4 losses are to good teams, can't see them getting out of region due to Macon and Upperman

Next up (no particular order): Meigs Co, Westmoreland, York Institute, Stewart Co, Fayette-Ware

13 minutes ago, maddams said:

1. Upperman - really good, really experienced, one of the favorites to win state

1. Macon Co - really good, really experienced, one of the favorites to win state

3. Jackson South Side - schedule has been a little softer than usual (prob due to COVID) but should finish the regular season undefeated; Currie-Jelks is the real deal

4. Grainger - only losses to Stone Memorial and Oakland, need to avoid Northview Acad in sectional game

5. Northview Academy - only loss to Bearden, need to avoid Grainger in sectional game

6. Westview - always solid, schedule has been weak this year, Harrison is the real deal

8. Covington - always tough, physical; no bad losses; Fayette-Ware could challenge them in region

9. Creekwood - fundamental, can shoot the 3 ball, could be the year they make state tournament especially if Nashville Metro continues to opt out

10. Livingston Academy - tough district, all 4 losses are to good teams, can't see them getting out of region due to Macon and Upperman

Next up (no particular order): Meigs Co, Westmoreland, York Institute, Stewart Co, Fayette-Ware

You know your stuff! That is very accurate & covering all of Tennessee! Our(Jackson South Side) thanksgiving & Christmas tournament both was canceled due to Covid. Where are you from? 

1 hour ago, maddams said:

Good list but Meigs is better then McMinn Central IMO and will win the district and region. 

16 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Whats their strengths? I wanna try to catch them soon. 

Guards, Guards, Guards. They have a big young post player that can score on the block and take up space in the paint.    Did I say they had some guards?  Here are a few....Senior  G Brooks committed to Bryan University is a great spot up shooter that is deadly from 3.   Senior G Hurst committed Tennessee Tech (but had several other options) can score at all three levels and is one of the best players in AA.  Junior PG Crouch committed to Chattanooga can make shots and get to the rim but she also is a great passer.  They have some ballers thats for sure but their schedule has been very weak.  But I have seen them play and they are very good.  I wouldn't call them the best tam in D1 but they are for sure one of the top AA teams.   

1 hour ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Guards, Guards, Guards. They have a big young post player that can score on the block and take up space in the paint.    Did I say they had some guards?  Here are a few....Senior  G Brooks committed to Bryan University is a great spot up shooter that is deadly from 3.   Senior G Hurst committed Tennessee Tech (but had several other options) can score at all three levels and is one of the best players in AA.  Junior PG Crouch committed to Chattanooga can make shots and get to the rim but she also is a great passer.  They have some ballers thats for sure but their schedule has been very weak.  But I have seen them play and they are very good.  I wouldn't call them the best tam in D1 but they are for sure one of the top AA teams.   

Upperman and Macon have been the stopping spot for Meigs the last few years, and probably this year to. Good teams and programs.

33 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Weak? 8AA district beating up on each other every night Macon ,York etc.., not to mention Bradley Central,Loretto and Brentwood. Please.

3 hours ago, repoman said:

Weak? 8AA district beating up on each other every night Macon ,York etc.., not to mention Bradley Central,Loretto and Brentwood. Please.

They haven’t played Macon.  The BC win was very big.  Loretto has one of the best players but lost both games they played that weekend.  I was just commenting about the post earlier about them being the best in D1.  Their schedule doesn’t say that to me.  Like I said one of the best in AA.