COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

8 hours ago, Djohnson said:

I been hearing good things about a vaccine! That’s great news for next season. It will protect the elderly and the sick from everyone else spreading covid19

Who have you heard the "good things from" ?Talking to yourself in the mirror doesnt count.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

We will see how this unfolds. College vibes are down this week while HS vibes look better but every thing changes daily. 

8 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

https://www.wate.com/regional-news/tennessee-doctors-group-reopening-schools-now-insane/

These Drs are trying to stop the schools opening.I would say they are against ANY kind of sport also.

If this crap keeps up,we wont have a season.Drs are wearing Lee out.

Lee needs to look at the information himself and use some common sense. 188 people 24 and under have died from COVID out of 121k.  For 5- 14  there has been 31 deaths! Older teachers and coaches probably need to wear masks and social distance as much as possible. Don't understand what is driving all this fear. Kids need to be back on the ball fields.

Edited by ecu
data incorrect
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, ecu said:

Lee needs to look at the information himself and use some common sense. 188 people 24 and under have died from COVID out of 121k.  For 5- 14  there has been 31 deaths! Older teachers and coaches probably need to wear masks and social distance as much as possible. Don't understand what is driving all this fear. Kids need to be back on the ball fields.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

If this crap keeps up,we wont have a season.Drs are wearing Lee out.

They say that the US is the only country having these issues with pressure to shut schools down. Amazing they hadn’t fought against day cares. Kids in school are essential. Nobody learns anything at home. No reason to get out of bed, no reason to get dressed, no reason to eat breakfast. Absolutely no structure at home. Not to mention kids that live in bad home environments that school is their real home as well as kids that have homes that are not set up for learning. Sad deal really.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Nobody learns anything at home. No reason to get out of bed, no reason to get dressed, no reason to eat breakfast. Absolutely no structure at home. Not to mention kids that live in bad home environments that school is their real home as well as kids that have homes that are not set up for learning. Sad deal really.

That might be one of the most uninformed posts I've seen on here, and that is saying something. At-home learning may not work well for some kids/parents, especially those who are in a less desirable at-home situation, but for others, it can be tremendously effective. I don't home school my kids, but I know many who do, and they've gotten tremendous results.

15 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

That might be one of the most uninformed posts I've seen on here, and that is saying something. At-home learning may not work well for some kids/parents, especially those who are in a less desirable at-home situation, but for others, it can be tremendously effective. I don't home school my kids, but I know many who do, and they've gotten tremendous results.

The feeling is mutual about the post above this one. If a teacher is not physically at the home, majority of kids education will go south. Kids need mentors and live face to face teaching. Corporations don’t even won’t adults to work at home because they are not in a controlled environment. Kids need to be in school and involved in sports period to build character, self-esteem and discipline. 

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic