COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

11 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Pardon me for feeling conflicted. I lost a healthy middle aged co-worker to this mess, and my cousin (travelling ER nurse) just came off of a ventilator from her own COVID battle, so you'll have to understand why some folks are a little more cautious and conflicted than others. That doesn't make me soft, un-American, or a liberal. It makes me human, and I just want to better understand what we are dealing with.

My wife's uncle is in the hospital in Knoxville with it and that side of the family already lost one member in Florida to it.  And mental midgets have the ignorance to call it a "hoax."

This was in nearby Alabama last night.  

no-social-football.jpg

It will end up like the biker klandemic in Sturgis.  Covid is already breaking out in three states from when the diseased tweeker bikers went back to where they came from and it's only starting.

w%2B9oAngEfABPhcDxwQ2Hjv4ktTUS6EPnA2FYJj

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Wear a mask, wash your hands and distance yourself from people as you are one of those that worries me. Lol fun intended. But it is serious. I want to see a full football season and a healthy one at that.

all 3 of those are a joke. keep your hands clean is common sense but the virus will still spread. masks and invented out of whole cloth social distancing...zero chance they change a thing

6 hours ago, nrgrizzlies said:

My wife's uncle is in the hospital in Knoxville with it and that side of the family already lost one member in Florida to it.  And mental midgets have the ignorance to call it a "hoax."

This was in nearby Alabama last night.  

no-social-football.jpg

It will end up like the biker klandemic in Sturgis.  Covid is already breaking out in three states from when the diseased tweeker bikers went back to where they came from and it's only starting.

w%2B9oAngEfABPhcDxwQ2Hjv4ktTUS6EPnA2FYJj

the karens and narcs are out in full force. we should use facial rec and arrest all those children lmao, right karens?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LouPickney said:

There was a staggering lack of mask compliance and enforcement at last night's JP2/Smyrna game, at least on the Smyrna side where I was.

It was simultaneously great to be at a sports event for the first time in several months and extremely off-putting to see the mask requests from the PA announcer be completely no-sold/ignored. More kids without masks than with them. Social distancing was non-existent.

And it wasn't just the kids with all of that. I greatly resented the people whose indifference put me (and others) at risk. If I hadn't needed to be there, I wouldn't have gone.

But prep work is non-optional for a broadcaster, and I've got JP2 in week 4. Because JP2 inexplicably didn't livestream it, and I don't think Smyrna does any streaming, the only way I was seeing that game was in person.

So I went. But I wasn't happy about it. At all.

staggering!!!!

19 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

the karens and narcs are out in full force. we should use facial rec and arrest all those children lmao, right karens?

I was at safeway grocery last week and a gentleman whom is elderly in his scooter with a mask on shopping in the meat department just doing his best to survive. Another gentleman walked up to him started a polite conversation and bent over to him and said did you know this is all a hoax if I were you I would not believe a word. It's all conspiracy.

Was that really you? Lol

I am like who does this to people? Now I know.

Edited by Mavericksinflight
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

all 3 of those are a joke. keep your hands clean is common sense but the virus will still spread. masks and invented out of whole cloth social distancing...zero chance they change a thing

You are as dumb as your sentence structure and avatar.  Why die on this hill you have chosen?  All three precautions are scientifically proven and none are hard to practice. So, why be against them and more importantly why try convince others to believe the same?  What if you actually tried to be a good citizen and contribute to us stamping out this public health crisis instead of just being negative for no meaningful purpose?

Yes, you are not alone here. This reply could have been made to many other posts. And I do realize that I am at fault for clicking on a topic that I knew would only make me sad. 

Edited by BreadTruck28
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

On 8/21/2020 at 11:41 PM, osunut2 said:

Salem, what is sad is that I was referring to people on both extremes of the aisle here. And it is no surprise to me that you were the first to respond.

I have seen you, and others, continue to obliterate measured, and sometimes conflicted, responses in this thread repeatedly, and I just don't get it. Why? Why not solely focus your energy on folks like DJ or Grizz, who think the world is burning and we must retreat to the nearest fallout shelter? Instead, you go after every single individual who doesn't have the same 100% verbatim attitude/opinion on this. 

Pardon me for feeling conflicted. I lost a healthy middle aged co-worker to this mess, and my cousin (travelling ER nurse) just came off of a ventilator from her own COVID battle, so you'll have to understand why some folks are a little more cautious and conflicted than others. That doesn't make me soft, un-American, or a liberal. It makes me human, and I just want to better understand what we are dealing with.

I just wish some of you guys would show a tiny bit of compassion for those who might have a good reason for feeling a tiny bit conflicted. And if that means we just agree to disagree, that's a lot better than ridicule. 

I was the first to respond because I was still up from watching a Friday night football game. If you would have posted 30 minutes later I likely would have never seen it. If you don’t want responses to your profound middle of the road posts set up Your own blog. But Mavs and I happened to be having a late night discussion and you felt the need to chime in about “reasoning with all knowing ones” on here. I’m sure you were referring to “extremists on both sides” with your well intentioned advice and it was just a coincidence about the timing.  :thumb: 

I don’t consider someone using inflated death and total cases statistics to promote shutting down the activities of others while ignoring statistics like the general posted above as being measured. I don’t consider a poster making underhanded criticisms about the way  a conservative President handles the virus while defending his left wing governor as someone who is putting the virus above politics.  

Saying I go after everyone who doesn’t agree 100% with me is a lie. I won’t criticize anyone who wears or thinks they should wear a mask. I will come down hard on anyone who insists others wear a mask around them.  I don’t care if anyone restricts their movements or uses precautions, I will criticize anyone who wants to restrict others activities for their safety. I have zero empathy with an adult trying to stop high school students from enjoying the best time of their life because they are afraid to go out. 

We don’t make public policy based on a handful personal acquaintances. It is perfectly reasonable to make personal decisions based on those same scenarios. I will support the latter from anyone. 

Edited by Salem
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, udahman said:

well honestly BreadTruck28 i dont really give a ####  i am tired of all the politics that are screwing with these kids lives and the adults that are playing along is mindblowing. after the election if this crap goes away i hope every athlete college and high school that has been affected goes after every media outlet that has pumped this bullcrap up knowing it mainly effects the elderly and individuals already vunerable  just like the flu.

The grammar stuff is all in good fun.  I actually agree with you, I don't believe politics should have anything to do with trying to control a national health crisis.  It's mind boggling to me that mask wearing seems to be a divisive political subject.

You see a lot of people on the internet calling people "afraid" if they are promoting the use of masks, hand washing, and social distancing.  I guess it makes them think they are a bigger alpha dog or something.  But yet, you'll see the same talk about needing guns to protect themselves... I'm not against the latter, but it seems like they may be "afraid".

I'm not afraid of catching Covid-19, but I do the three things above for the public health aspect.  You see, even if a keyboard warrior is so manly that Covid-19 does not affect them, they could still pass it on to people that could be high risk or just unlucky.  The fact is that masks prevent positive people from spreading it to others more effectively than wearing a mask prevents people from contracting Covid-19.  

So, I think we agree.  Don't listen to politicians or the media, but do listen to the scientists, doctors, and researchers that are well respected in their fields and have been doing this type of work for decades.  They have no political agenda.

The latest studies show that we can save 70K lives between now and December 1st, but 95% of Americans would need to wear masks in public...  If not, the models are predicting around 310K dead by that time.  I'm doubtful anyone will be still playing football if that happens.  We all love football or we would not be on these forums, so it seems like the least we could do.  And for the people that say it infringes on their rights or they have some phony medication condition where they cannot wear a mask to run in a convenience store for a bottle of pop, they are just selfish and weak.

My hope is we can get the selfish, weak, and conspiracy theory nuts down to 5% and save 70K lives. It seems like a lot of people think this a game and just stir the pot for their on amusement.  Those people must not have a lot of skin this game.

I am speaking from the point of view of a business owner with nine locations across three states.  Whose sales are down 70% YOY since this started in March.  It's an essential business that was never shut down.  I have not taken a paycheck since January and have used personal credit to keep things going.  Each layoff I have to do not only affect the employee but their families.  My family has been greatly affected.  You've probably heard politicians talk about the great things the SBA is doing to help businesses, but it's not all true.  My EIDL SBA "help" has been stuck since 3/20.  Qualified, approved, but yet no help...  And, I can't talk with anyone that matters.  Call after call with wait times as long a 1.5 hours to talk to someone that will just say I need to be patient.  I've contacted my representatives and received no help, but I have been placed on their mailing lists...  So, I'm "afraid" because of this situation.  I've got about 30-60 days left before I loose every material thing I've worked for in life, and disrupt the lives of my employees and their families, not to mention my own family.

Too many words above, but I wish anti-maskers would suck it up, shut their gabbing pie holes, and do something for the greater good.  It's easy.  It doesn't hurt.  I would wear an iron chastity belt if a respected team of doctors, researchers, and scientists said it would end this crap sooner.

Edited by BreadTruck28
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• CoachT locked this topic