4 Classifications

Redrage4life

17 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

If this is the case then West Tennessee 2A is a gauntlet. 

Yep if Dyersburg is 2 A you could have Dyersburg, Union City, Gibson County, Huntingdon all 2 A. I have heard Dyersburg will be 3 A from coaches but they are definitely on the bubble. Tennessee Valley 1 post you got Dyersburg 3 A and another in ranges they line up to be 2 A. Don’t think anyone knows where the numbers exactly will end up at this point. 

17 minutes ago, TennesseeValley said:

I think unfortunately that Dyersburg will be AA, but if they do end up AAA the games could be pretty good!

Dyersburg dropping to AA their district will be much tougher, IMO. Possible district based on mileage would be Dyersburg, Camden, Milan, Union City, Huntingdon, Gibson County and Westview. Then you will likely have Haywood, Madison Academic, Decatur County, Scott’s Hill, Adamsville and Bolivar in the other. Will be only 2 districts in West TN unlike 3 before, IMO.

Edited by pioneer42

59 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Dyersburg dropping to AA their district will be much tougher, IMO. Possible district based on mileage would be Dyersburg, Camden, Milan, Union City, Huntingdon, Gibson County and Westview. Then you will likely have Haywood, Madison Academic, Decatur County, Scott’s Hill, Adamsville and Bolivar in the other. Will be only 2 districts in West TN unlike 3 before, IMO.

tough

6 hours ago, TennesseeValley said:

After going back over the list, and cross referencing the D2 schools and the schools that do not play basketball. I have the same thing for A. I have

A - Clinch High School - Oneida High School

AA - Monterey High School - Hamilton High School

AAA - Raleigh Egypt - Knoxville Central

AAAA - Mt. Juliet - Colierville 

I did 82 schools in A, AA, and AAA and 81 schools in AAAA so it may be off by 1 school depending on who gets 81

327 schools 

I have 328 total which would be an even 82 in each. Double checked it against member directory for sponsored sports. Unless a school declares to add basketball for next year I think that's the number. Going to hold off on who's on the bubble because I believe at least one school's real number will put them in a higher class.

Been hearing that all Lawrence County schools will likely have larger numbers than initially reported due to a clerical error at their central office. IF true, you’re likely looking at Summertown and Loretto moving to AA. Lawrence County would still likely be AAA.

Again, that’s just the rumor floating around my neck of the woods

5 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Adamsville, Decatur County, Scotts Hill, Madison, and Bolivar I think would make more sense.  Milan and Haywood would go with teams further North.  I've also seen the possible district of Adamsville, Scotts Hill, Decatur County, Camden, and Huntingdon.  If Dyersburg stay in 3A, you could have 2 Districts with 6 teams in each. I'm anxious to see where they put us (Adamsville).

2 hours ago, Redrage4life said:

Adamsville, Decatur County, Scotts Hill, Madison, and Bolivar I think would make more sense.  Milan and Haywood would go with teams further North.  I've also seen the possible district of Adamsville, Scotts Hill, Decatur County, Camden, and Huntingdon.  If Dyersburg stay in 3A, you could have 2 Districts with 6 teams in each. I'm anxious to see where they put us (Adamsville).

Adamsville will be with Bolivar, Decatur County, Scott’s Hill and Madison I would bet. Never know though. 

Edited by pioneer42

People are questioning the drop in enrollment for a few schools as to whether its a clerical error. I've got to raise the question again, where did all these kids come from in Shelby County schools? 9 schools reported a total decrease of 933 students. The other 37 schools reported a total increase of 4,675. That's an increase of 3,742! Most of the increases were at schools who have been dropping over the past decade. If they're correct I'm glad to see these schools thriving once again. But, if there was unintended misreporting, that many schools changing could greatly influence where schools are going to fall!