4 Classifications

Redrage4life

10 minutes ago, TennesseeValley said:

You are a little off with your projections....Remember it goes by the schools that actually play basketball not every school in the state. A cut off will be around 395, AA cut off will be around 740 and the cut off for AAA will be around 1190 with AAAA being above that.

However you have to take into consideration now of small charter schools being added and schools like Rockvale that were added.

I may be off but the numbers I used were from the current basketball classification from the TSSAA website. I didn't use total school just the current classification divided by 4 instead of 3. I don't see that double A cut off number being below 800 and don't see the Triple A cutoff being below 1275. 

But... as I said... I could be way off. 

3 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

I may be off but the numbers I used were from the current basketball classification from the TSSAA website. I didn't use total school just the current classification divided by 4 instead of 3. I don't see that double A cut off number being below 800 and don't see the Triple A cutoff being below 1275. 

But... as I said... I could be way off. 

You should look at it again. 335 schools that play basketball. 335 divided by 4 is roughly 84 schools. So look at numbers 84, 168, 252 to determine those numbers. I also couldn't find the exact numbers from the 2018 cycle just that they were updated and that x amount dropped down below 20% enrollment. Shoot me a link to what numbers you are using and look at 84, 168, and 252

5 minutes ago, TennesseeValley said:

You should look at it again. 335 schools that play basketball. 335 divided by 4 is roughly 84 schools. So look at numbers 84, 168, 252 to determine those numbers. I also couldn't find the exact numbers from the 2018 cycle just that they were updated and that x amount dropped down below 20% enrollment. Shoot me a link to what numbers you are using and look at 84, 168, and 252

You are correct. My numbers were not right at all.

Smith County will still be 2A

59 minutes ago, TennesseeValley said:

I have seen similar numbers to what you are projecting from other posters. 

Based on 2018 numbers, I figured the cutoffs as this:

Class 1A: 0-382, Class 2A: 383-690, Class 3A: 691-1,158, Class 4A: 1,159+

All classes with 84 schools with the exception of 1A (83). 

Once the 2020 numbers are released, the schools will probably have two weeks to decide if the they want to play up a class or not. You can play up but you can't play down. After the schools make that decision, that is when the TSSAA will develop the districts and regions.

2018 numbers makes this hypothetical but it gives you an idea of what might take place. Schools that are just above or below the cutoffs could go either way in 2020.