4 Classifications

Redrage4life

Of course Anything is possible. It’s just a lot more probable to be competitive if their isn’t a 1000 to 1500 difference in enrollment from the top to bottom. All the other classes have roughly a 300 student difference. Why not combine 1A and 2A. Would have the exact same impact, only it would be on the bottom end instead of the top.

8 hours ago, Jimbob9 said:

Of course Anything is possible. It’s just a lot more probable to be competitive if their isn’t a 1000 to 1500 difference in enrollment from the top to bottom. All the other classes have roughly a 300 student difference. Why not combine 1A and 2A. Would have the exact same impact, only it would be on the bottom end instead of the top.

I agree completely that it is easier. I just don’t like the argument that it isn’t fair because you could also argue that it’s not fair some schools have better athletes or AAU programs close by or facilities or administrators or coaches. At some point you just have to figure how to overcome whatever obstacles are in front of you. And it’s not as if that isn’t possible because some schools have done it despite the huge difference in enrollment numbers. We may have to agree to disagree on this one. 

As far as combining 1A and 2A, they won’t do that for 2 reasons...too many teams in 1 class and less money for TSSAA. The money might be your best chance to add classes and get the number you want. I’m sure we’ll get there eventually. 

26 minutes ago, Jimbob9 said:

At least we can agree that it’s definitely more about the money than anything else.

I listened to most of the board meetings and I didn’t get the impression by Childress that he wanted to make changes this year. The first vote was for it to be for two years when they are usually four years and that was in an earlier meeting. Childress actually made arguments that this years numbers could be off with Covid...etc. I think it was more of a board thing wanting the four classes.

Edited by pioneer42

On 8/20/2020 at 11:31 AM, dmm88 said:

One West TN AA district could look like this:

14-AA (Enrollment 450-798)

Madison

Scotts Hill

Riverside

Adamsville

South Gibson

Bolivar

and a AAA district (800-1099)

13-AAA

Dyersburg

South Side

North Side

Liberty

Dyer County (if they get a preference)

Hardin County

Chester County 

Lexington

Obion County

Crockett County

McNairy Central

Dyer County will be come in at 1125 to 1150 

On 8/19/2020 at 11:25 PM, Richmond30 said:

Just because you are on the bottom of 4A doesn’t mean you can’t compete. Stone Memorial and Tullahoma were at the bottom based on enrollment and they were competitive at the top end of 3A this past year. Greenfield had less than 200 kids and was probably a top 5 team in the state regardless of class. The people making excuses need to put in work to build a program. Sure it is easier if you have more to choose from but small schools can compete. If you have the right 5 on the floor, it doesn’t matter how many you have walking the halls. 

Very true for a period of time when great athletes come through as a group but more often than not over a longer time period smaller schools will not fare as well. Harder to build the program when there are less numbers to build with. That Greenfield team was a great bunch of players and i agree could compete with anyone. You can make a difference building a program from the ground up and it takes that from many programs to maintain their high levels but the more ground you have, the more ground you have to build on.

10 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

If White County moves down to AAA they will always be a factor in both boys and girls. Maybe even more so on the boys side. They have a lot of talent coming up. 

It wouldn’t surprise me.Gracie Dodgen from White County must be a real shooter. She is a junior and had 126 three’s to lead the state in three’s. Had three more than my neice at Gibson County. Looks like Clarkrange will be Single A and Jackson County AA. Is that the way you see it?? Clarkrange’s chances will be even better to dominate Single A with Single A losing Gibson County, Loretto, Summertown, Union City and Jackson County.

Edited by pioneer42

52 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me.Gracie Dodgen from White County must be a real shooter. She is a junior and had 126 three’s to lead the state in three’s. Had three more than my neice at Gibson County. Looks like Clarkrange will be Single A and Jackson County AA. Is that the way you see it?? Clarkrange’s chances will be even better to dominate Single A with Single A losing Gibson County, Loretto, Summertown, Union City and Jackson County.

Clarkrange and Pickett Co could play 5 times a year once they move to 4 classes