4 Classifications

Redrage4life

It looks like every school has reported their 20th day enrollment figures except Memphis-Shelby Co. Schools. According to their school calendar (from their website), the 20th day was on September 28th. They should have turned their numbers in. The website may be wrong and the schools started later than what was shown online. 

The bottom end of AAAA is gonna get the shaft no matter what. As I have said before, Total waste of time and will do nothing to help that division be more competitive, which was the main disparity in the first place. When you have a 1500 kid difference the larger schools are gonna be dominate every time unless you have a grooup of studs in one of the smaller schools, Which does happen but not very often.

1 hour ago, Jimbob9 said:

And while I,m belly aching. Having to count a bunch of vurtial kids that never step foot on campus and are not even eligible for sports is stupid as well.

We can agree on that. I can’t believe they didn’t choose to take last years numbers. Some will be accurate with 20th day numbers but some will be way off with the way some schools handled virtual. I am told some schools waited until last minute to offer virtual and as a result, kids left those schools and enrolled at schools with virtual that they would never actually go to. Hurts the school picking up kids and helps the one that was slow in giving the virtual option. Ridiculous they didn’t address those types of situations. 

13 hours ago, losangeleslakers said:

Virtual students have the opportunity to play sports and participate in extracurricular activities.  Therefore they are and should be counted.  Not sure I agree that they are allowed to do so, but if they are it must be added in.

Childress knew what was going on in Metro when he made the virtual kids elgible to play sports. I commend him for that. As many bad moves he has made in basketball over the last year that was a good move.

Memphis-Shelby County Schools finally sent their numbers in, all schools have reported.  The TSSAA Board of Control meeting is scheduled for November 12th. They should be classifying and setting all districts and regions right now and announce them on November 12. Then schools will have the option of playing up a class if they choose to do so. The schools can't drop down, they can only go up. TSSAA usually gives the schools a couple of weeks to make this decision. Once this deadline passes, the TSSAA will release the final district and region settings. This should be around December 10.