4 Classifications

Redrage4life

2 hours ago, chill said:

Anderson, Clinton, Central, Fulton, Scott, Gibbs, Union, Carter, South Doyle, and maybe one other team brought in to make the two 3AAA districts around Knoxville. 

I do apologize,  for whatever reason all the teams did not get on there, I appreciate you finishing it out.  Seqouyah could possibly be put in this group, there or Chattanooga area.  They could go either way.

Chattanooga Area

East Ridge     Soddy Daisy     Chatt Central

Hixson           Howard             East Hamilton

Red Bank

1 hour ago, repoman said:

Cookeville will not benefit. Still 4A.

Honestly I haven’t even thought about what our district would look like.  But most likely it will suck for Cookeville.  Not worried about the competition.  We played in one of most competitive districts in the state the past few years.  But I don’t  see many potential 4A teams that are a close drive from Cookeville so the travel to every district away game will not be fun.  I expect it to look a lot like our football district.  But honestly I wouldn’t mind being in a district with the Boro teams.  

2 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Honestly I haven’t even thought about what our district would look like.  But most likely it will suck for Cookeville.  Not worried about the competition.  We played in one of most competitive districts in the state the past few years.  But I don’t  see many potential 4A teams that are a close drive from Cookeville so the travel to every district away game will not be fun.  I expect it to look a lot like our football district.  But honestly I wouldn’t mind being in a district with the Boro teams.  

Yes you guys kinda hung out on the new system,only way if cookeville decides to build another high school in the future. Upperman, Stone, White, Livingston,  Cchs, Macon, Watertown . Could be the new 3a. I dont know Warren's numbers.

9 hours ago, repoman said:

Yes you guys kinda hung out on the new system,only way if cookeville decides to build another high school in the future. Upperman, Stone, White, Livingston,  Cchs, Macon, Watertown . Could be the new 3a. I dont know Warren's numbers.

Warren will likely be 4A.  I think they have around 2k students.  And are already playing at highest level in football.  

On 9/17/2020 at 8:14 AM, BigBoy10 said:

Hahahaha. "If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin!" Smh

If Lincoln Co has a dip in enrollment, they put them in Lincoln Central Academy (online school for the district) and didn’t count them on their high school numbers. I wouldn’t have thought they would do that but for some reason I see Lincoln Central Academy turned in an enrollment to TSSAA when they don’t even have sports. I may be wrong. It just looks odd and I heard they were putting kids under their online school that would not count against enrollment for high school. We’ll see when the numbers come out. 

On 9/18/2020 at 11:17 PM, Richmond30 said:

If Lincoln Co has a dip in enrollment, they put them in Lincoln Central Academy (online school for the district) and didn’t count them on their high school numbers. I wouldn’t have thought they would do that but for some reason I see Lincoln Central Academy turned in an enrollment to TSSAA when they don’t even have sports. I may be wrong. It just looks odd and I heard they were putting kids under their online school that would not count against enrollment for high school. We’ll see when the numbers come out. 

If thats the case, then their school would not get money for those kids enrolled. And you know that's not happening. The only way they could not count this is if they went like to a gateway online or something like that, but if they simply are in that school systems online system or academy then they must count them on their enrollment.

Edited by TennesseeValley

2 hours ago, scatback said:

Has anyone would give me a guess where smith co will be would b appreciated

If their enrollment is about the same they will be 2A. Using 2018 enrollment numbers the breakdown would be as follows

0-395 A

396-850 AA

851-1350 AAA

1351 and higher AAAA

This will change some but it is going to be pretty close to that. So unless something crazy happened with your enrollment you will be middle of the pack 2A

16 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

If their enrollment is about the same they will be 2A. Using 2018 enrollment numbers the breakdown would be as follows

0-395 A

396-850 AA

851-1350 AAA

1351 and higher AAAA

This will change some but it is going to be pretty close to that. So unless something crazy happened with your enrollment you will be middle of the pack 2A

You are a little off with your projections....Remember it goes by the schools that actually play basketball not every school in the state. A cut off will be around 395, AA cut off will be around 740 and the cut off for AAA will be around 1190 with AAAA being above that.

However you have to take into consideration now of small charter schools being added and schools like Rockvale that were added.

Edited by TennesseeValley