South Pittsburg vs Marion County (Pirates vs Warriors)

Southtowner

13 minutes ago, pegleg said:

Update: 
A meeting scheduled this morning between SP’s coach and principal along with Jasper coach and principal at Dr Mark Griffith’s office has been canceled.

Jasper has not agreed to this offer:

Play on Saturday which would give jasper the same number of days to prepare as normal. Usually teams practice Monday-Wednesday and then have a walk-thru on Thursday. Pirate’s coach said he’d move it to Saturday so that would give them the full 3 days plus have Saturday morning for their walk through.

Instead Jasper is literally trying to find a game against anybody other than SP that week and the coaches at other schools are laughing at them.....because it’s obvious to those coaches they have contacted, that they are too scared to play SP. Right now it appears the game won’t happen.

Based on their coach’s actions I would say the rivalry is likely dead. 

We should NOT go up there next year and let them collect a huge gate. 

The only way we should play them again would be if they agreed to a two year deal where they come here both years. 

IF not.....We should schedule NJ and start that rivalry.

Sad. The series ends this way but I would never play them again so long as Pruitt is there.

All respect for Pruitt  is now lost for me. Be a man and do the right thing Pruitt!!  Get your butt whipped and live to play another day. If they don't play SP this year with the way the situation has let it be played out now, drop them and move on.  SP deserves better than that.  I sure hope i hear he has manned up and will do the right thing. 

Old Pirate got hold of ROY in an attempt to get this mess sorted out. Figure RD don’t want no more to do with coacht. He is more than right smart concerned with keeping that skillet slinger happy. That goat ain’t a bit good neither. Leastways, figure The Captain will gladly exchange a weak RB gate fer a Jasper gate. Ifin the players could pick between RB & Jasper, No doubt, they’d pick Jasper. Proper feuding with Jasper & a whipping is a must. Now that’s figuring them jailhouse kinfolkes show up. They’s been a stinch in the air since last week. Appears them jasperettes is attempting to catch an easy route to the playoffs. 

11 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate got hold of ROY in an attempt to get this mess sorted out. Figure RD don’t want no more to do with coacht. He is more than right smart concerned with keeping that skillet slinger happy. That goat ain’t a bit good neither. Leastways, figure The Captain will gladly exchange a weak RB gate fer a Jasper gate. Ifin the players could pick between RB & Jasper, No doubt, they’d pick Jasper. Proper feuding with Jasper & a whipping is a must. Now that’s figuring them jailhouse kinfolkes show up. They’s been a stinch in the air since last week. Appears them jasperettes is attempting to catch an easy route to the playoffs. 

Agree - something aint right here! The purple people are up to something.

1 hour ago, pegleg said:

Update: 
A meeting scheduled this morning between SP’s coach and principal along with Jasper coach and principal at Dr Mark Griffith’s office has been canceled.

Jasper has not agreed to this offer:

Play on Saturday which would give jasper the same number of days to prepare as normal. Usually teams practice Monday-Wednesday and then have a walk-thru on Thursday. Pirate’s coach said he’d move it to Saturday so that would give them the full 3 days plus have Saturday morning for their walk through.

Instead Jasper is literally trying to find a game against anybody other than SP that week and the coaches at other schools are laughing at them.....because it’s obvious to those coaches they have contacted, that they are too scared to play SP. Right now it appears the game won’t happen.

Based on their coach’s actions I would say the rivalry is likely dead. 

We should NOT go up there next year and let them collect a huge gate. 

The only way we should play them again would be if they agreed to a two year deal where they come here both years. 

IF not.....We should schedule NJ and start that rivalry.

Sad. The series ends this way but I would never play them again so long as Pruitt is there.

If SP needs to fill holes - an SP vs. MTCS would suit us, I think. We just wrapped up a 2 year deal with 2 4A schools, SP's a shorter drive than Howard. Good gates, and more orange and black than you could imagine!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rlh said:

I had a feeling this whole thing was a classic Jasper ruse.  Remember they wouldn't play Whitwell during that 3 or 4 year period when they had a better than average chance of losing to Whitwell. 

I forgot about that, but you’re right. It’s ashame the oldest rivalry ends because of someone being scared of taking a loss. Time to move on though. If it walks like a duck it’s probably a duck. If it acts skeered it probably is skeered. 

Another thought about Jasper’s refusal to reschedule: 

As coaches, how do they look their kids in the eye and say anything except that they’re afraid to play the game. What kind of message does that send to their kids? 
If I was a parent up there I wouldn’t want my kid playing for a staff like that. 
Jasper used to be willing to play anybody and now they’re afraid of their 1A rival 

22 minutes ago, pegleg said:

Another thought about Jasper’s refusal to reschedule: 

As coaches, how do they look their kids in the eye and say anything except that they’re afraid to play the game. What kind of message does that send to their kids? 
If I was a parent up there I wouldn’t want my kid playing for a staff like that. 
Jasper used to be willing to play anybody and now they’re afraid of their 1A rival 

Fear the Beard was at least a Stand Up who I respect now more than ever. When you teach kids to pick and choose there battles, then those kid's up there are going to be very soft in life. If I was a player on Jasper's team I'd ask the coach, what's up??? He can be here and gone as fast as he came in, but all you young lads that live here in Jasper you will set an example for the future warrior's!!!  How do you want to be remembered??? I'm sure most of the warrior staff wants to play..