Naders head ovur two 825

STARSNBARS

22 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

City of Maryville school employee leading this bandwagon though. i really didn't want to mention that but let the feathers fly and where they land so let that be that. Their not stupid and should have enough sense to know better.

If you know who it is why are you protecting them? This is small town rural America and if they want to protest In public, then their name does not need to be protected. Let the people know who is causing the problem and let them deal with the consequences of their decisions. Public outcry does not mean you hide behind a fake name or that people owe you to protect who you are. This is high school football and if kids or any family members get hurt because of a protest being allowed that close to game time and the entrances to the field there will be lawsuits against the city and the school board - if they can’t make a decision to say no, this is not a good idea - you can do it another day or another location, then they deserve to be voted out, fired, and held accountable if anyone gets hurt!! Call City Hall and complain, it’s not too late for them to pull the permit!

Now back to what is important - a couple of us snuck over to Alcoa and were flying some drones as part of our little local drone club, let me tell you - not one running play to be seen - QBs throwing the ball all over the place, looked like Atlanta airport with as many flights that were in the air! Did I mention, they have an old Maryville boy that has springs in his cleats - saw him go 46” vertical to bring one down, craziest thing I ever saw!!!

Edited by Tangledweb

4 minutes ago, Tangledweb said:

Now back to what is important - a couple of us snuck over to Alcoa and were flying some drones as part of our little local drone club, let me tell you - not one running play to be seen - QBs throwing the ball all over the place, looked like Atlanta airport with as many flights that were in the air! Did I mention, they have an old Maryville boy that has springs in his cleats - saw him go 46” vertical to bring one down, craziest thing I ever saw!!!

Yep Anderson can jump 11 ft off the ground. No surprise there. He’s a ball player. 

Edited by rebelwoman87

22 minutes ago, Tangledweb said:

If you know who it is why are you protecting them? This is small town rural America and if they want to protest In public, then their name does not need to be protected. Let the people know who is causing the problem and let them deal with the consequences of their decisions. Public outcry does not mean you hide behind a fake name or that people owe you to protect who you are. This is high school football and if kids or any family members get hurt because of a protest being allowed that close to game time and the entrances to the field there will be lawsuits against the city and the school board - if they can’t make a decision to say no, this is not a good idea - you can do it another day or another location, then they deserve to be voted out, fired, and held accountable if anyone gets hurt!! Call City Hall and complain, it’s not too late for them to pull the permit!

This didn't really get my attention until I heard the permit was for 3,500 people. The proper people that need to know everything already know. 

6 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

This didn't really get my attention until I heard the permit was for 3,500 people. The proper people that need to know everything already know. 

So is it actually approved or just submitted for consideration? If it’s approved, there needs to be a head rolling contest at city hall! No way could anyone look at that and say their right to protest in that area out weighs the safety of kids! I get the right to peacefully protest, but it’s a permit, which means it can be approved or denied based on the circumstances and if this community doesn’t blow up city hall’s phone lines tomorrow and the rest of the week it will be a shame and prove people are all talk and no action - protect the kids, let them play! You want to protest the name, that’s great, but not on Friday night when everyone is showing up - that just causes a bigger problem and can turn peaceful protest into a fight, last I checked there some mama and papa bears in Maryville that will not tolerate people putting their cubs in danger

40 minutes ago, Tangledweb said:

REALLY!? :o

Just wait til practice starts at 6:30!:lol:

4 minutes ago, Tangledweb said:

So is it actually approved or just submitted for consideration? If it’s approved, there needs to be a head rolling contest at city hall! No way could anyone look at that and say their right to protest in that area out weighs the safety of kids! I get the right to peacefully protest, but it’s a permit, which means it can be approved or denied based on the circumstances and if this community doesn’t blow up city hall’s phone lines tomorrow and the rest of the week it will be a shame and prove people are all talk and no action - protect the kids, let them play! You want to protest the name, that’s great, but not on Friday night when everyone is showing up - that just causes a bigger problem and can turn peaceful protest into a fight, last I checked there some mama and papa bears in Maryville that will not tolerate people putting their cubs in danger

The Daily Times Tuesday Sept. 1st says " Members of the Coalition to Rename the Rebels plan a rally outside the MHS football stadium with a banner from 6-7 Sept. 11th, before the game against Alcoa. I have a flyer promoting this I received from someone I don't have their permission to show on here but plainly tells who to contact and their email and phone number. Heard the 3,500 from another person actually on here that told me and they have no reason to make this up. If this were just mouthy people that have graduated from Maryville I don't have any issue but if out of towners were coming in to join in something that is none of their business would be another story. Not sure what will happen, it will either be "THE RETURN OF THE FLAGBOY or CIVIL WAR l l ".

18 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The Daily Times Tuesday Sept. 1st says " Members of the Coalition to Rename the Rebels plan a rally outside the MHS football stadium with a banner from 6-7 Sept. 11th, before the game against Alcoa. I have a flyer promoting this I received from someone I don't have their permission to show on here but plainly tells who to contact and their email and phone number. Heard the 3,500 from another person actually on here that told me and they have no reason to make this up. If this were just mouthy people that have graduated from Maryville I don't have any issue but if out of towners were coming in to join in something that is none of their business would be another story. Not sure what will happen, it will either be "THE RETURN OF THE FLAGBOY or CIVIL WAR l l ".

Talk to a MPD friend. He said the MPD expects 10 to 20. 

25 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

According to FB “Blount County Showing up for Racial Justice” page they (The Coalition to Rename the Rebels) were asking about if BLM showing up, and in turn they eventually said to email them as they wouldn’t discuss over messenger, etc, just saying I can’t imagine 3,500 locals supporting it......

Edited by Tangledweb