Naders head ovur two 825

STARSNBARS

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I think someone gave somebody some bad information and the Police Chief of Maryville had so many calls he had to address it yesterday informing the public it was for only 25 people not 3,500. My other half text me during the ballgame laughing her butt off about it wanting to know how me and my friends were doing holding those 25 people off. Sometimes rumors are spread to see how far they will go but somebody applied steroids to this one. All ended up very peaceful, just sad Maryville had to waste a policeman to watch this nonsense and to make sure no one drove by and threw something out on them. From my observation everyone went their own merry way after and did not attend the game which figures because none of them most likely couldn't explain the game of football if their life depended on it but their great for sticking that o' nose where it don't belong.

I'm glad Maryville and Alcoa fans got to enjoy a #Classic game last night without any interruption for some nonsense, Maryville is the Red Rebel and adopted that name before most of us was even born, that needs to be put to bed. 

For the game I was on the edge of my seat just listening to it, I couldn't imagine what was going on for people actually in attendance. It came down to chess vs checkers, even for outsiders that didn't have a dog in the fight that game was unreal. My only complaint about Maryville vs Alcoa is that game needs to be moved to the last game of the season. Good luck to Maryville and Alcoa the rest of the season and both teams stay healthy.

Lord willing I hope I get to meet some Alcoa coacht posters for the db game 

What a game. Carson Jones played really well. Defense for Maryville was great. Great interception and several tackles by Eric Townsend. Lou Burchfield was a grown man last night. Mike Bethea made a few good plays. Other than a few long completions the corners played well. I am so excited over this win. The defense has a lot of youth and dominated.  Maryville has that never die attitude.

Alcoa's defense is one of the best I ever seen. Only Oaklands defense in 2016 is close to that Alcoa defense. I am so glad that Grey Carroll will never play in another Alcoa vs Maryville game.  That guy has been a thorn in Maryville's side for 3 years. That Alcoa defense is loaded. No one in 3A stands a chance. Alcoa is like a 50' Megaledon Shark and the rest of 3A are seals. I can't wait to see Alcoa play DB. No one else will come close to beating Alcoa.

16 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

What a game. Carson Jones played really well. Defense for Maryville was great. Great interception and several tackles by Eric Townsend. Lou Burchfield was a grown man last night. Mike Bethea made a few good plays. Other than a few long completions the corners played well. I am so excited over this win. The defense has a lot of youth and dominated.  Maryville has that never die attitude.

Alcoa's defense is one of the best I ever seen. Only Oaklands defense in 2016 is close to that Alcoa defense. I am so glad that Grey Carroll will never play in another Alcoa vs Maryville game.  That guy has been a thorn in Maryville's side for 3 years. That Alcoa defense is loaded. No one in 3A stands a chance. Alcoa is like a 50' Megaledon Shark and the rest of 3A are seals. I can't wait to see Alcoa play DB. No one else will come close to beating Alcoa.

Good stuff Ron! What a war!:thumb:

1 hour ago, REBELRON said:

Have you bought your Alcoa shirt yet

I know Rankin is the winning-est coach in the state and will win 3A year after year. Last night he had the faster, stronger players. He had a good lead at the half.

Maryville is always a great team and they just have an ability to pull games out when in doubt. 

I think the loss last night lays at the feet or Rankin though. His player played well enough to win. 

• Like 1