Marion County at Tyner

FridayMainEvent

57 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

My Aunt retired or at least worked at Tyner High for many many years in the cafeteria.  During our game in 09, I think it was.  It was the one at yalls place when we threw that 60 yard bomb down the middle of the field to go ahead.  Anyways, she spent nearly all of the 2nd and 3rd quarter chatting with everyone making those fish sandwiches.  I finally got mine cold but it was still good lol.  

Man, how I would like to forget that game..it was in 2008 and 28-21 was the final. Those sandwiches are good (lol). The game at y'all's place in 2007 was just as good 25-21, and I don't understand why the series was never renewed!

10 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I will have to take the Warriors by 1 or 2 scores in this one. The loss to the home school team for Tyner is worrisome. 

Running back Jeremiah Sawyer didn't play against the Georgia Force or against Alcoa - although that wouldn't have mattered.  Sawyer is definitely a threat if he can get to the second/third level to take it to the house.

Also, Tyner was missing  a senior lineman who has started since a sophomore for the first half of the season.  He was back against Tellico and I think he elevated the line play on both sides of the ball.  

Tyner must hold its own on the line of scrimmage.  If Marion can't throw effectively then both teams will be one-dimensional and it could become a slugfest.  

I think this will be a very close game - neither team wants to lose and finish third and have to go to Trousdale week 1.  I believe the Rams will pull it out.

Go Rams!!!

9 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

Man, how I would like to forget that game..it was in 2008 and 28-21 was the final. Those sandwiches are good (lol). The game at y'all's place in 2007 was just as good 25-21, and I don't understand why the series was never renewed!

Probably the reclassifying years and scheduling issues, especially the Z years.

15 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

We've only had 2 home games and the first game, nothing was open. Last Friday they were open but no fish sandwiches. Cooking/Frying has been put on hold until after the pandemic. Not saying that they won't have fish but it's they are being very careful about what's being sold!

I have heard that fried fish is a cure for the corona......

4 hours ago, Ram4Life said:

Running back Jeremiah Sawyer didn't play against the Georgia Force or against Alcoa - although that wouldn't have mattered.  Sawyer is definitely a threat if he can get to the second/third level to take it to the house.

Also, Tyner was missing  a senior lineman who has started since a sophomore for the first half of the season.  He was back against Tellico and I think he elevated the line play on both sides of the ball.  

Tyner must hold its own on the line of scrimmage.  If Marion can't throw effectively then both teams will be one-dimensional and it could become a slugfest.  

I think this will be a very close game - neither team wants to lose and finish third and have to go to Trousdale week 1.  I believe the Rams will pull it out.

Go Rams!!!

Third isn't a bad place to be i don't think.  I would rather go to bledsoe in rd 2 than watertown.  We can't throw no doubt about that.....lol, I agree, should be a good one

37 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I have heard that fried fish is a cure for the corona......

Dad Burnit, Ifin this mess was to be the truth, Old Pirate says The Captain would have bought a truck load and donated it to the Jailhouse kinfolkes. But that would not have been the recipe fer the real problem that has invested Jasper Jailhouse High? Figure theys no cure for cowardliness but playing teams that don’t regularly earhole them. Coacht Fellers knowds OP ain’t jest joking neither! NopeReconNot 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

55 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Third isn't a bad place to be i don't think.  I would rather go to bledsoe in rd 2 than watertown.  We can't throw no doubt about that.....lol, I agree, should be a good one

TTP, in order to go to Bledsoe, you got to beat Trousdale at their place. The H2O bracket is more desirable. But no sense talking about it this soon. Let's wait until after 11pm Friday.

• Upvote 1