Classification

BooWhoWiseMan

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

For playoffs seating a forfeit is a lost. I don’t know how much more you can explain it. Why you think Hillsboro is mad about Gallatin not rescheduling “which they could” but Gallatin needs any win they can get at the moment.

Where are you seeing this?

1 hour ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Completely disagree with you reclassification. Nolensville setting with close to 1300 playing in 4A is nuts.  Summit with close to 1700 and Shelbyville with ove 1600 being in same region with Page for example with just over 1100 is not right or fair.  Not that hard to even out classifications even in a year like this.  

Nolensville is pulling a Signal Mountain.

1 hour ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Completely disagree with you reclassification. Nolensville setting with close to 1300 playing in 4A is nuts.  Summit with close to 1700 and Shelbyville with ove 1600 being in same region with Page for example with just over 1100 is not right or fair.  Not that hard to even out classifications even in a year like this.  

I'm not saying it is. But trying to reset the classes in a year like this is a disservice to all. Have the schools undergo 1 year contracts if you have to and hopefully this time year the numbers will much more reliable

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

1625 is on the state site

I don’t think that’s recent. The TSSAA has not posted their most recent figures, only the schools and the dates that their enrollments were turned in. From what I’m told, they have had a fairly big drop. However, if for some reason that is wrong info, then they’ll bump up to 6A next cycle. If Page has dropped, they may go down to 4A. That’s a 4-year cycle for ya. Things can obviously change a lot in that span, especially with the growing communities in this area.

11 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

I don’t think that’s recent. The TSSAA has not posted their most recent figures, only the schools and the dates that their enrollments were turned in. From what I’m told, they have had a fairly big drop. However, if for some reason that is wrong info, then they’ll bump up to 6A next cycle. If Page has dropped, they may go down to 4A. That’s a 4-year cycle for ya. Things can obviously change a lot in that span, especially with the growing communities in this area.

I hope Page stays.  We will be bumped to 5A and I miss the years of playing them

5 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

From the TSSAA website. That said, from what I can tell, it's not really affected in the standings posted on the website

Screenshot_20201006-113323.png

In other words, Page catches a massive break by not playing Summit. A game that they would have obviously lost if played. No loss, just a no contest. And many other examples of this across the state. It opens up the conspiracy theory that teams can (or have already) bail out “due to COVID”  and not have to take a loss against a better team. What a mess!!

2 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Not the end of the world for this one wild and crazy season, but I’d like to have seen them schedule it this week. Then, take away the Glencliff game the final week and use as a bye. On this particular year, the Hillsboro-Gallatin game is more important than playing Glencliff, probably the worst 5A team in the state. It does no good and is a wasted week.

They would have to played this week which is fall break and both teams are open

• Like 1