Class 6A Playoffs Sweet 16 -- McMinn County at D-B

TribalEmpire

1 hour ago, AmericanSniper said:

This I do know. There is no way in heck that DB will not advance. Right it down, take a picture of it...this is going to happen. No fault of either program and no fault of any individual that has occurred over the last 4-5 days. It’s unfortunate as McMinn doesn’t have teams like this but about every 20 or so years. 
Ive said it before. This is unprecedented times so make an unprecedented decision to play on Monday evening and push the 3rd round game back to Saturday night. Bottom line let the kids determine the outcome on the field as I’m sure both teams are willing to do.

I bet neither team advances. Right it down.

• Upvote 1

If both schools, players, coaches, parents and fan base want this game to happen then they need to be ringing the phone off the hook, flooding their computers/smartphones with emails/text, lined up at the office knocking on the Door at the TSSAA.  Some would say that big brother has gotten too big, the health departments have been given too much power?  I’ve heard some negative comments about the TSSAA between different threads on CT.  If the schools, parents are not happy with the TSSAA committee then vote them out!   Let the Kids play and move on and I guarantee you that the majority will be happy with that decision.  

Let’s take a little vote?  If you want the game to happen then make it know.

Edited by Romansfive8

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I bet neither team advances. Right it down.

I'd say you're right. It's ashame how much power a county health dept. has. You would think they would do a better job of following up on things but l guess  it is like any other govt. job they sit around and I'm sure somebody will blame it on somebody else down the line and won't take responsibility. 

33 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

I hope you are wrong. 

Here's why I say that. Yesterday the DB athletic director said "we have to collect all our information. all of our data and send it to the TSSAA and they will make a decision hopefully by Monday" So my question is what data and information would DB have that would have any burden on the case. 

14 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Here's why I say that. Yesterday the DB athletic director said "we have to collect all our information. all of our data and send it to the TSSAA and they will make a decision hopefully by Monday" So my question is what data and information would DB have that would have any burden on the case. 

That is a very strange thing for DB to say if the concern was just with a McMinn player. 

I honestly do not believe the T$$AA ever set out to screw one school or another, but how in the world could they not have anticipated a situation like this and had a plan in place to quickly resolve it?      Have they been living on another planet the last year??       I just have a gut feeling that both teams are going to get shafted here

5 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I honestly do not believe the T$$AA ever set out to screw one school or another, but how in the world could they not have anticipated a situation like this and had a plan in place to quickly resolve it?      Have they been living on another planet the last year??       I just have a gut feeling that both teams are going to get shafted here

Anyone know exactly when the meetings were supposed to start?  Other than the generic "Monday morning"?

• CoachT locked this topic