Round 2 - Moore county @ Huntingdon

MustangGuru

11 hours ago, sportsnutz said:

This huntingdon team doesn't compare at all to last year's. We are down on talent, but not on toughness. This year's Moore team has been hyped all year (mostly by their own fans).

But since we are talking about last year... Last year's mustangs beat Moore by better than 3 scores. Did Moore get more than 3 scores better than huntingdon over one summer?? That's hard to imagine. Did you guys get some fancy new recruits or something? 

If Huntingdon dropped of in talent than they’re not longer “3 touchdown favorites” over Moore County. In addition, if Moore County is better than they were last year, have to add that in as well.

This should be a great matchup with contrasting styles. I think Moore Co’s only weakness is their line and Huntingdon is strong there and runs really well. I have seen Huntingdon guys say their weakness is their secondary and Moore Co has an amazing spread attack. I don’t think either defense will be able to stop the others much unless Huntingdon gets down early and has to pass more than they are comfortable with. If both teams are about even on turnovers and penalties, I will take Moore Co in a shootout with Kyler Parker being the difference. 42-35 Moore Co. 

Imo Huntingdon will win this game do to the offensive and defensive lines. At the end of the day line play usually wins games. Coach Swenson and the stangs have played in alot of big games over the last 4 years and that also could make a difference. Moore County needs to jump on the stangs quick and make them play from behind. No 1A team is as good as the teams last year. I look for the stangs to control the clock and keep Moore County offense off the field enough to pull it out.

15 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Imo Huntingdon will win this game do to the offensive and defensive lines. At the end of the day line play usually wins games. Coach Swenson and the stangs have played in alot of big games over the last 4 years and that also could make a difference. Moore County needs to jump on the stangs quick and make them play from behind. No 1A team is as good as the teams last year. I look for the stangs to control the clock and keep Moore County offense off the field enough to pull it out.

South Pitt will beg to differ. They are absolutely loaded this year.

MC did struggle with Huntlands ball control, clock grinder style offense but not many teams have Kolbi Stewart in their backfield that can last 4 qtrs and tote the rock 40 times.......

So. Pitt can big to differ all they want. No team in 1A this year is as good as the ones last year. So. Pitt better win the title this year or it will be a complete failure on their part. Anyway this is about Moore County and Huntingdon. I think it will be a good game. If Huntingdon controls the lines on both sides of the line of scrimmage then they should win. A shootout will favor Moore County.

4 hours ago, phil24 said:

What I find interesting is the scoring differential. Huntingdon vs Bruceton & Wayne County were relatively close compared to last night when City and MC faced them. Huntingdon blew out Corntown but MC & City had a tougher time with Corntown. I believe it's due to inter regional coaches knowing each others situational tendancies. Coaching staff film study and preparation usually determines the outcome when 2 teams are comparable in talent. I love h.s. playoff football.

The same could be said about you guys. You only managed to beat Cornersville by 10 in a game they felt they were still in for most of the game. 

We beat them by 40 in a game they were out of in the first quarter. 

Those scores mean nothing in reality, though. Playoffs are a new season and teams who have been here before are playing with a new perspective. 

Edited by sportsnutz

2 hours ago, sportsnutz said:

The same could be said about you guys. You only managed to beat Cornersville by 10 in a game they felt they were still in for most of the game. 

We beat them by 40 in a game they were out of in the first quarter. 

Those scores mean nothing in reality, though. Playoffs are a new season and teams who have been here before are playing with a new perspective. 

That's my point. Lol. It's weird how the scoring differential is so skewed between the two regions vs similiar opponents. That's all I'm saying. 

1 hour ago, phil24 said:

That's my point. Lol. It's weird how the scoring differential is so skewed between the two regions vs similiar opponents. That's all I'm saying. 

Huntingdon had 6 starters out Vs Bruceton, I believe. Didn't play their normal game plan on offense. Turned the ball over and had several penalties. 

A lot of things went right for Bruceton for them to keep it that close against us. And hats off to Bruceton, their defense played VERY WELL, as they did most of the year. We shot ourselves in the foot a lot too, though. 

The Wayne Co game really wasn't as close the score indicated, imo. Wildcats came out ready to stop our run, and managed to somewhat hold it in check. Then, of course, we weren't attempting onside kicks up 3+ scores... Lol. 

5 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

So. Pitt can big to differ all they want. No team in 1A this year is as good as the ones last year. So. Pitt better win the title this year or it will be a complete failure on their part. Anyway this is about Moore County and Huntingdon. I think it will be a good game. If Huntingdon controls the lines on both sides of the line of scrimmage then they should win. A shootout will favor Moore County.

SP will be better next year. Your opinion is just that.