McMinn Co at Dobyns Bennett Decision on Monday

CoachT

47 minutes ago, Tribal said:

Pretty funny, but where has it been established (besides internet rumors) that there was an anonymous call?  McMinn's coach said they found out about a positive test on the way to the game.  I'm assuming he's not talking about from an anonymous caller. 

1 hour ago, Red Rebels said:

There are some McMinn Co. Karen’s that are blaming the anonymous call on Maryville in the ole Facebook. Karen said they were set up to beat Maryville. She forgot how we shut their offense out at their place.

I heard the anonymous call came from McMinnville. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tribal said:

Pretty funny, but where has it been established (besides internet rumors) that there was an anonymous call?  McMinn's coach said they found out about a positive test on the way to the game.  I'm assuming he's not talking about from an anonymous caller. 

Don’t blame all rumors on the inter webz. Sometimes we meet face to face. :wink:

19 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I knew what you were sayin'. Was just giving you a hard time. On the other thread after typing in McMinn Co. 150 times I accidently typed McMinnville in one post and everybody went crazy. Those word police are always watching. 

What is your opinion on the TSSAA decision today?  I think DB advances and there will be no game played today, I don't care how many lawyers and doctor's you have that writes their name on something.  If the young man tested positive, 10 days and 10 days isn't up until Wednesday.  Have a good one.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, sheppy said:

What is your opinion on the TSSAA decision today?  I think DB advances and there will be no game played today, I don't care how many lawyers and doctor's you have that writes their name on something.  If the young man tested positive, 10 days and 10 days isn't up until Wednesday.  Have a good one.

I'm not saying you are wrong but then it opens up a can of worms for a lot of other programs.  The issue is different health departments are doing different protocols.  I know I've used this as an example before but there has been twice this year that Elizabethton has sat out different starters because of quarantine but let the rest of the team play.  Last week being one of them with their starting RB missed the game because of quarantine but played the previous Friday which isn't 10 days and had 2 TD's.  

12 hours ago, sheppy said:

You are assuming the entire team would have to isolate.   An entire school is not isolated for 1 person.  They contact trace per the guidelines and those individuals isolate.   If McMinn did that and there were enough players to play the game - the game should have been played. 

Edited by TNVolFan2000

1 minute ago, Swipes said:

I'm not saying you are wrong but then it opens up a can of worms for a lot of other programs.  The issue is different health departments are doing different protocols.  I know I've used this as an example before but there has been twice this year that Elizabethton has sat out different starters because of quarantine but let the rest of the team play.  Last week being one of them with their starting RB missed the game because of quarantine but played the previous Friday which isn't 10 days and had 2 TD's.  

I agree - it's obvious health departments are using different protocols.   I've seen some teams cancel over 1 player during the year.   This is calling attention to that which could lead to a lot of the rest of the playoff games being cancelled. 

The way the covid protocols have worked all season is through internal controls of each school.  You look at your program and determine whether or not you can play.  If you can't, you notify the other team.  McMinn County said they were ready to play and good to go.  That has been the standard the entire season.  This situation appears to be unique.  The Sullivan county health department said that there could not be a game played.  Had this game been scheduled to be played in McMinn County then the game would have happened.  At the end of the day, the Home team  was unable to host the game as scheduled. How can you forfeit the opposing team at the command of the home team?  I would bet on a no contest declaration and a bye for Maryville. 

If McMinn County is forced to forfeit a huge can of worms has been opened when a county agency can cause forfeits for opposing teams.  There is a certain large county in the Western end of the state that will be undefeated against outside teams come basketball season.