Coaching openings

Mooreboy3

6 hours ago, LetMeHearYA said:

He's got a tall task in front of him. Over half the team has quit or transferred. A lot of freshmen and sophomores will be playing this year. Hopefully, he can get the other kids to come back but it's probably going to take him a few years.

Tall task for sure! Hope everyone is patient and gets behind him knowing it may take a few seasons to turn things in the right direction. I heard QB transferring but didn’t know that had a bunch quitting or transferring. 

3 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

Tall task for sure! Hope everyone is patient and gets behind him knowing it may take a few seasons to turn things in the right direction. I heard QB transferring but didn’t know that had a bunch quitting or transferring. 

Yes, one of main reason QB transferred is because a lot quit, especially upper classmen. 

Let's be honest and real, this should have happened at the end of the 2019 season. I like Brian and him taking the interm position and staying as head coach was the right move at the time. He was able to stabilize the program, keep players at McNairy and got the athletes to come out and play. But, for this to be successful, he has to have top level assistants and he did. But, once they retired after the 2019 season and losing a big senior class that year, he should step down then and brought in a football guy to continue the path forward. That way, a new coach could have build with a young but still some talented players. 

But, the new assistant hires didn't work out, changed an explosive offense into a bad offense that the kids hated. They started jumping ship after the season and in the spring. One kid told me they had 4 upper classmen at workouts the other day, I dont know if he was stretching it or not, but they had a ton quit. What also is playing into this is, I believe McNairy County is offering Virtual learning as part of their curriculum now. So, a lot of these kids have and are going virtual. So, a lot of them have found they can go get a job and work during the day and do their school work at their pace. 

Look, it is very hard to be a head coach of Football and Baseball at a school the size of McNairy. Especially when Football is the main pressure sport for a coach and Baseball has been the best sport the last decade. So your the head coach of football and baseball, the main assistant baseball coach is the Head Basketball coach, there can be a lot issues arise during the summer because all 3 of these are going. You better have some top level assistants to run the show if you going to coach both sports because 1 program will have to be run by them. If not, you have to set up everything all throughout summer and be at both sports everyday and work each sport around each other. You are going to burn put real fast.

57 minutes ago, LetMeHearYA said:

Yes, one of main reason QB transferred is because a lot quit, especially upper classmen. 

Let's be honest and real, this should have happened at the end of the 2019 season. I like Brian and him taking the interm position and staying as head coach was the right move at the time. He was able to stabilize the program, keep players at McNairy and got the athletes to come out and play. But, for this to be successful, he has to have top level assistants and he did. But, once they retired after the 2019 season and losing a big senior class that year, he should step down then and brought in a football guy to continue the path forward. That way, a new coach could have build with a young but still some talented players. 

But, the new assistant hires didn't work out, changed an explosive offense into a bad offense that the kids hated. They started jumping ship after the season and in the spring. One kid told me they had 4 upper classmen at workouts the other day, I dont know if he was stretching it or not, but they had a ton quit. What also is playing into this is, I believe McNairy County is offering Virtual learning as part of their curriculum now. So, a lot of these kids have and are going virtual. So, a lot of them have found they can go get a job and work during the day and do their school work at their pace. 

Look, it is very hard to be a head coach of Football and Baseball at a school the size of McNairy. Especially when Football is the main pressure sport for a coach and Baseball has been the best sport the last decade. So your the head coach of football and baseball, the main assistant baseball coach is the Head Basketball coach, there can be a lot issues arise during the summer because all 3 of these are going. You better have some top level assistants to run the show if you going to coach both sports because 1 program will have to be run by them. If not, you have to set up everything all throughout summer and be at both sports everyday and work each sport around each other. You are going to burn put real fast.

Great post. I agree with 100% of everything you said. Brian is a great guy , but it’s just a lot to handle coaching two sports without one or both suffering. Let’s hope our new coach can get some of these guys back on the field. Hate we lost the ones to transfer as well. 

2 hours ago, LetMeHearYA said:

Yeah, what was the football team doing during the spring while the baseball season was going on? I think Franks realized there can’t be two Brian Franks’ at MCHS. Either way, he presence at one sport, hurt the other sport in their respected offseason.

11 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

And his assistant Clayton Morris was named West Carroll's head coach. 

Don’t know him but they’ve had some pretty good teams the last few years. I know they’ve been to semis twice while Hodge was there. Actually beat Mayfield last year. 

3 hours ago, ysoangry said:

Don’t know him but they’ve had some pretty good teams the last few years. I know they’ve been to semis twice while Hodge was there. Actually beat Mayfield last year. 

Yeah I saw that. Hoping he can bring some of that to West Carroll too. We played them a few years ago in a jamboree if I recall correctly. They were a good looking team. 

Edited by WarEagleCartman