South Pittsburg vs coalfield(Grider against this Henry man)

Roy Dillard

1 hour ago, jake said:

My guess is SP has had this date circled for a long time with intentions of making a statement and relieving a few years of pent up frustration.....even though the opponent is not who SP was wanting to make their statement against, it is still a team from the east and I think this one will get ugly fairly quick.   SP by 5............touchdowns.  49 - 14

That's my number also

26 minutes ago, Pirate1999 said:

First of all Greenback had a lot to do with us losing last couple of years... as far as comparing this SP team to past I would say the defense is probably better than it has been In awhile especially up front. A lot bigger folks and a lot more physical. Offensively we lost a lot of OL from last year and I would say 2016 OL was better. Speed wise, this may be the fastest offense we have ever had at SP. just my opinion. 

From the games I have watched this year I still believe your front last year on defense was better.

The Meigs County game I'm going to be 100% honest you all look like a hot mess most of the game and there was another one I watched I think Monterey and you look the same way, but you have so much talent it just overrides the mistakes that you all are making.

Edited by orngnblk

10 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Nope I do agree with your post also.Rankin was making a point to ones who said you have to pass at some point.lol

I agree with you I’d rather not do it unless you need to but I completely disagree with not being prepared to do it when you need to. That’s always our problem we’d rather run but we also do not prepare to pass when the time comes we need it. Gets us beat regularly. 

2 minutes ago, crow said:

I agree with you I’d rather not do it unless you need to but I completely disagree with not being prepared to do it when you need to. That’s always our problem we’d rather run but we also do not prepare to pass when the time comes we need it. Gets us beat regularly. 

SP has a passing game.  It looks like a million dollars or stinks up the joint.  There seems to be no in between this year.  SP holds the record of longest pass in a state championship game, btw. 

Edited by rlh

7 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

From the games I have watched this year I still believe your front last year on defense was better.

The Meigs County game I'm going to be 100% honest you all look like a hot mess most of the game and there was another one I watched I think Monterey and you look the same way, but you have so much talent it just overrides the mistakes that you all are making.

The 3rd quarter was pretty good for them. The rest of the game Meigs had their way. 

47 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

This SP team is head and shoulders the best out of the East and IMO the West as well. I’ve been a part of really good teams and have played against some good CF and SP teams. I’ve only been able to watch this Pirates team play 2-3 games this year but (feel free to correct me).... I just don’t think this year’s SP team is quite to the level of the SP team I played against in 2016 and can even be compared to last year’s SP team. I’m only going off the few games I’ve watched of them this year but there are still some things holding them back to being at that level. Their defense this year might be better than what I played against but the offense is just a touch behind from what it was in ‘16... this is all opinion though. Another point... the main thing keeping these small 1A teams from being really really good is the lack of passing teams they face throughout the season. Year in and year out it has came back to bite a lot of teams just because they haven’t had to defend the pass almost the entire season before the late rounds of the playoffs... this is for all teams in 1A. If SP would’ve had a strong pass defense, they would have been to Cookeville in the past couple years, if not multiple times. Now CF can’t really throw the ball so I don’t see that hurting them this year, but in years past, that has been their Achilles heel. Other than that, it’s tough to stand toe to toe against them.

I’ve watched this SP team and a lot others through the years. This team is better IMO than the 2016 team. I didn’t think our 2016 team was one of the great ones. I believe the front 7 on defense could be one of the better ones we’ve seen in awhile here. Obviously, if you have a D1 talent up front it helps and this is the first time we’ve seen that in a long time. There is also more skill athletes on this team than any SP has had in the past several years. I would have to obviously rank the kicking game among the best I’ve seen at SP as well. We’ve never had a kicker until now. I’d definitely say this team is better in some areas and not quite as good in others from past teams. 

40 minutes ago, Pirate1999 said:

First of all Greenback had a lot to do with us losing last couple of years... as far as comparing this SP team to past I would say the defense is probably better than it has been In awhile especially up front. A lot bigger folks and a lot more physical. Offensively we lost a lot of OL from last year and I would say 2016 OL was better. Speed wise, this may be the fastest offense we have ever had at SP. just my opinion. 

I agree with you on several points made. 

Just now, team69 said:

It ain't bad had mine replaced 3 months ago...I was fishing week 6. Good luck

My dad had BOTH done at same time when he was 55 said he would do it again pain was terrible before.Mine the meniscus is shredded so this is to just prolong the inevitable.Hope to get a couple more years before it has to happen.

9 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

The 3rd quarter was pretty good for them. The rest of the game Meigs had their way. 

We were inside the 10 twice  and came away empty cause of penalties.. 1st and 20 changes what you do.  We also gave them a gift on 2nd play of game.No doubt Miegs out played us but they didn't in no way get our best shot. They said our last score was end of game but we were inside their 15 with 4 minutes left and again penalties back us up twice before we scored. Not taking anything away from Miegs but if teams are going to gauge us by that game they will make a big mistake.