South Pittsburg vs coalfield(Grider against this Henry man)

Roy Dillard

14 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I’ve watched this SP team and a lot others through the years. This team is better IMO than the 2016 team. I didn’t think our 2016 team was one of the great ones. I believe the front 7 on defense could be one of the better ones we’ve seen in awhile here. Obviously, if you have a D1 talent up front it helps and this is the first time we’ve seen that in a long time. There is also more skill athletes on this team than any SP has had in the past several years. I would have to obviously rank the kicking game among the best I’ve seen at SP as well. We’ve never had a kicker until now. I’d definitely say this team is better in some areas and not quite as good in others from past teams. 

They might be now....first of season not so much. We changed some at LB which really helped us. We got a couple DL now thats learning how to play. 75 has whipped everybody thats been put in front of him.

8 minutes ago, team69 said:

We were inside the 10 twice  and came away empty cause of penalties.. 1st and 20 changes what you do.  We also gave them a gift on 2nd play of game.No doubt Miegs out played us but they didn't in no way get our best shot. They said our last score was end of game but we were inside their 15 with 4 minutes left and again penalties back us up twice before we scored. Not taking anything away from Miegs but if teams are going to gauge us by that game they will make a big mistake.

That’s for sure. To look at the meigs game and say we struggle would be the worst thing any team could do. 3 weeks off prior and overall just a bad game. Any team riding on the fact that we struggled on that game and that’s why they have a chance is basically up to the point of making stupid excuses for losing to us. 

17 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

My dad had BOTH done at same time when he was 55 said he would do it again pain was terrible before.Mine the meniscus is shredded so this is to just prolong the inevitable.Hope to get a couple more years before it has to happen.

If I had it to do over I would have been a Cheerleader. Never would of played sports.

40 minutes ago, crow said:

I agree with you I’d rather not do it unless you need to but I completely disagree with not being prepared to do it when you need to. That’s always our problem we’d rather run but we also do not prepare to pass when the time comes we need it. Gets us beat regularly. 

As many penalties as we get you better learn to pass it some then again we had it 1st and 34 against Gordy and we ran it 3 st. Times for a 1st.

2 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Yes, but still it is a steep fee to do a live stream of the games I believe.  I'm not sure what the cost difference is though.  

I understand that, I posted that hoping they worded it that was because they plan to cover this week as well. I looked on their website for a number, I was just gonna call and ask but couldn’t find one. 

1 minute ago, crow said:

I understand that, I posted that hoping they worded it that was because they plan to cover this week as well. I looked on their website for a number, I was just gonna call and ask but couldn’t find one. 

UPDATE:

I just found a phone number for them and called. They WILL be covering this weeks game, it will be streamed online only. 

https://www.bbbtv12.com

1 hour ago, cherokee23 said:

Agreed. We did have a lot to do with that but that was because we could sling it around as well as run the ball. If y’all could’ve made us a little more 1 dimensional, probably would’ve been SP at state and not us. Also, from what I saw in the Meigs game this year, SP is definitely bigger than past teams they’ve had and I would agree overall better defensively. The thing I’m sure a lot would agree on would be the 2 things that have hurt y’all in the past.... pass defense and sometimes play calling. Either way that’s in the past and this is present... CF more than likely won’t have a shot in this one especially after halftime. 

Those two things have hurt us this year as well at times.

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

From the games I have watched this year I still believe your front last year on defense was better.

The Meigs County game I'm going to be 100% honest you all look like a hot mess most of the game and there was another one I watched I think Monterey and you look the same way, but you have so much talent it just overrides the mistakes that you all are making.

Agree, it's scary to think how good this team could be if we were clicking on all cylinders all night long.

Edited by piratetom

1 minute ago, piratetom said:

Agree, it's scary to think how good this team could be if we were clicking on all cylinders are all night long.

We’d be absolutely unstoppable if we played a clean game for 48 minutes. Especially if Brayden was on with his throws. If we played a complete game Friday I could easily see it being 63-0 or 63-7. Too bad it’s really hard for us to go out there and go at it for the first 24 in big games. 

On 11/21/2020 at 8:31 AM, The Drunken Sailor said:

I'll say this about Stone, you may out coach him, you may out think him, you may out play him, but you will not out work him.  Unless he has changed over the years, his every waking thought is about football and he pours every ounce into it.  

Stone has the best high school offensive mind I have witnessed . I have seen him outsmart many coaches in the heat of battle.