Milan vs Pearl Cohn 3A semi-final

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

7 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

FB26 just said that they only scored 7 legit points and I said that was incorrect.  I don't share "fly in the ointment" opinions about it but I did say it was incorrect.  I'm just stating facts as a fan of the game last night.  

I've done many things to support Coach Brunetti and PC through the years.  The city, state, world, and universe is not against you or out to get you contrary to popular opinion.  

The refs didn't help Stewart County.  If the refs were partial to anyone last night it wasn't Stewart County.  They called a "chop block" on a play where the RT cut the DE.  It wasn't outside the box.  It wasn't a high/low situation where another lineman was engaged either.  It was not a chop block.  They called a peel back block on the same RT who had to block back in order to keep his QB upright.  That play erased a TD at the end of the half.  They also called a defensive hold on 4th Down & 16 yards to go on a screen pass to the RB behind the line of scrimmage. 

The phantom chop block play is Clip 18 of the HUDL film.  The peel back block was Clip 78 of the HUDL film.  The 4th & 16 defensive hold on the screen was on Clip 91 of the HUDL film.  

READ CAREFULLY:  Pearl-Cohn was going to win the game regardless.  That was never disputed.  I can easily cite 3 plays though where the refs did not "help Stewart" as you suggested.  

I agree with 26 outta them 20, I only seen one legit scoring drive. But it's no need to go back and forth about running clock game tho.

3 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Absolutely agreed.  I think that in 2021 or 2022 this will be a game that is played again.  

I was watching the PC-East Nashville game earlier in the week I see 3 big linemen on PCs sideline (all above 6ft and 300lbs), I go look at their roster and they were freshmen! PC ain't going nowhere

14 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Yikes, I can not comment on the play of PC because I have never seen them play. 

However, I can comment on the Defense from Milan. 

If PC runs rough shot over the Defense of Milan I will streak naked down main street at high noon. Needless to say, I simply do NOT see that happening. Overall team speed on Defense is out of the stadium. SGC had several plays last night that would have been a house call against any defense we have played this year not named Milan. Instead of a house call, it was a modest gain for a first down or about 15 yards. 

I am actually looking forward to this contest. I like Milan in this game. 

Much respect to SGC and the program they have built and continue to grow. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

FIrebird80 and FBfan26, East Nasty has obviously crossed over the bridge to the north side because he has 2019 City and State Champs as his tagline and East was definitely not either of those. PC was one of them and closer than anyone else in the state to the other.

Lmao I can’t see it since I’m normally replying from my phone but I’m going to go look on my lab top. I guess we ruined there hope once again. I recall somebody calling him about a few years ago about his tag.

1 hour ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

FIrebird80 and FBfan26, East Nasty has obviously crossed over the bridge to the north side because he has 2019 City and State Champs as his tagline and East was definitely not either of those. PC was one of them and closer than anyone else in the state to the other.

Old saying if can't beat us, might as well join us...lol