TC hosts Meigs on the CREEKBANK!

tcjacket13

On 11/27/2020 at 11:18 PM, BCB~MVP said:

Everyone needs to pump the breaks on saying we should be in the spread more. I agree that their defense does need to be spread out. But when we went to the spread, everyone knew we were throwing the ball and all Meigs was trying to do was keep the ball in front of them and not give up the deep ball. So all the stop routes to #10 were always open. Then we were able to run the trap successfully because they were expecting the pass as well. Can Rankins throw the ball? Yes. Is he a QB? No. Do we have enough athletes to run the spread? Maybe. That’s questionable. But you can’t run 2 different offenses and be great at both. The WingT got us here but we just ran into a bigger, stronger team. I never heard anyone say we needed to be in the spread the last 2 weeks when we were dominating the line of scrimmage. If we ran the spread all year we wouldn’t have made it as far as we did. With all that being said, I had much rather us run the spread like we were from 2000-2005 than in the WingT. But our personnel doesn’t fit that style nor do we have the horses to do so. But I definitely do not want to see a spread team like I saw at the end of the game tonight. It’s not a pretty sight trying to do something you aren’t accustom to do doing and can’t do. Although we had no choice but to go to the spread with the amount of time remaining. I just wish we wouldn’t have got into the position where we had no choice but to do it. That’s not how we are built. Congrats to Meigs. #34 was the difference maker.

You have to give Meigs lots of credit. They are a solid team. 

1 hour ago, ghostofthepast said:

They want to be there, ask Big Satt.  Dropped their totals to try and get down but still couldn't get there. 

If Clint wanted to lie about the numbers to be in 1A, TC would have been in 1A. However, he’s not a liar, unlike you. You should have picked “liarofthepastandpresent” for your handle. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler

15 hours ago, RTD said:

They did seem lifeless but they haven't cane out fired up in any game this season. But Bledsoe and Watertown had to take a toll on the boys. But they never gave up and just ran out of time that holding penalty and the missed opportunity at that onside kick when TC had two players that had a shot at the ball was too much to overcome against a great team like Meigs.TC loss to H2O in the regular-season came back to bite them with 3 weeks of the murder row with Bledsoe, H2O, and Meigs.

Weren’t fired up for any game? Pretty strong statement. What do you attribute that to? Lack of team leaders, poor chemistry on the team, coaching staff?  

4 hours ago, ghostofthepast said:

Making the final?  They made the finals once since Creasy left 7 years ago, and got thrashed by Peabody.  Where are you getting they were in the finals 3 of the last 4 years?  Is it the same place you guys get the whole "We don't have transfers" logic? 

Along with being a ghost, you must not have eyes or a brain! I said they have made the “Final 4” 3 years in a row including making it to the State game back in 2018! In case I need to spell it out for you, being in the final 4 is the Semis! 

Edited by JohnDutton
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Playing H2o is physically and mentally draining. 

Can't see how any game is more or less draining than the others?  If anything Meigs had to be drained from that long drive up.  Shame a team has that long of a drive, comes up and has more energy and intensity than the home team.  The way I see it, Trousdale hasn't had to be consistent all year and it finally caught em.  If you play that game ten more times, Meigs comes out on top at least 7-8 of the times.   

4 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

You have to give Meigs lots of credit. They are a solid team. 

They deserve a little more than credit, they beat the team of destiny in their own building.  This is like FCS knocking off Oakland or something equally as tremendous.  All it took was TC not being prepared, and the stupid game being 48 minutes instead of 50, and the Jackets letting them rush for 350 yds.      

4 minutes ago, ghostofthepast said:

Can't see how any game is more or less draining than the others?  If anything Meigs had to be drained from that long drive up.  Shame a team has that long of a drive, comes up and has more energy and intensity than the home team.  The way I see it, Trousdale hasn't had to be consistent all year and it finally caught em.  If you play that game ten more times, Meigs comes out on top at least 7-8 of the times.   

You said it earlier. Meigs was the better team. They are supposed to win it! 

The better team usually will win 7-8 times 

17 hours ago, DealLawyer said:

Weren’t fired up for any game? Pretty strong statement. What do you attribute that to? Lack of team leaders, poor chemistry on the team, coaching staff?  

I will never blame the players. But the team hasn't gotten along with each other this year and this is coming from the players. I don't think they had time to devote chemistry to how COVID interfered with the start of this year. Like I said they have come out to start every game the same way always not to up and not to down.