TC hosts Meigs on the CREEKBANK!

tcjacket13

On 12/7/2020 at 12:51 PM, RTD said:

Knowing what is going on in the program. I will agree with you there were some problems this year. I know of 3 kids and two were kicked off the team and the other kid graduated. Some parents feel the same way you do that Blake is more of a friend than a coach and disciplinary toward the boys. Also, I don't think Blake is in this for the long run I give him 2-3 more years at most before TC will be looking for a new coach. Being a coach isn't in Blake's long-term plans.

Interesting. He’s never done anything but coach at TC. Although young, what does he plan to do in a couple of years if not coach?

On 12/8/2020 at 8:12 PM, DealLawyer said:

Interesting. He’s never done anything but coach at TC. Although young, what does he plan to do in a couple of years if not coach?

I think he kept going to school and I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't the next in line for Dr. Can't job. He is also the softball coach and is doing a great job at that too. But Blake hasn't started his family yet he is married but with no kids.

On 12/8/2020 at 9:03 AM, H2Oman said:

From an outsider looking in, I would say you’re right. The people moving into that county are not as awed by Clint as the old heads! 

These parents for the most part don’t have  the rose colored glasses that old timers wear and see some of the things that go on around that program as unacceptable. 

In other words Football is not God!

I agree with you the new residents don't understand the football culture of TC. The new residents of TC don't seem to understand that football is king until they attend their first TC football game. My wife is from Nashville and she felt like TC takes football to said and that it was just a dumb game and not that serious but now after attending her first TC game 10 years ago she hasn't missed a game in 7 years. 

10 hours ago, RTD said:

I agree with you the new residents don't understand the football culture of TC. The new residents of TC don't seem to understand that football is king until they attend their first TC football game. My wife is from Nashville and she felt like TC takes football to said and that it was just a dumb game and not that serious but now after attending her first TC game 10 years ago she hasn't missed a game in 7 years. 

Nothing wrong with football being important to a community, but when it's everything, and everything is sacrificed for it, and you aren't winning titles, what's the point? They blamed it on Barker, then Waggoner, and now Blake.  If Peabody had stayed 2A, TC would have zero chance at a title ever again.

3 hours ago, ghostofthepast said:

Nothing wrong with football being important to a community, but when it's everything, and everything is sacrificed for it, and you aren't winning titles, what's the point? They blamed it on Barker, then Waggoner, and now Blake.  If Peabody had stayed 2A, TC would have zero chance at a title ever again.

Wagg was a good coach and a good man wasn't his fault TC wasn't healthy at the end of the year. Barker had a young team he screwed himself with his actions. Peabody is honed they won't win a title every year no matter what classification they are in. TC has a #### every year for a title making it to the semifinals this year was a good year for Blake. There is a group of young kids coming up that will be very special the talent and athlete will be there in a few years.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Wagg was an exceptional coach. You can not blame him for leaving for more money.

Barker was a dumpster fire. 

Wonder if wagoner wishes he had stayed? What happened down in Elbert county ga? Gone after one season. Was it as simple as the new school super that came in wanted to hire his brother as football coach? Now wagoner is a coordinator at south Pitt? Bet he wishes he didn’t chase the money in GA. 

18 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

Wonder if wagoner wishes he had stayed? What happened down in Elbert county ga? Gone after one season. Was it as simple as the new school super that came in wanted to hire his brother as football coach? Now wagoner is a coordinator at south Pitt? Bet he wishes he didn’t chase the money in GA. 

I doubt it. Just based off things posted on here it sounds like the school system boosters and fans have created a bad environment to coach in. 

49 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

I had no clue he was at SP.

I wish we could have kept him at TC. 

9 hours ago, RTD said:

Wagg was a good coach and a good man wasn't his fault TC wasn't healthy at the end of the year. Barker had a young team he screwed himself with his actions. Peabody is honed they won't win a title every year no matter what classification they are in. TC has a #### every year for a title making it to the semifinals this year was a good year for Blake. There is a group of young kids coming up that will be very special the talent and athlete will be there in a few years.

No there isn't.  There isn't a kid in that high school in the next 4 years that can compete with the kids they just hadthe past 3 years. TC homers can call themselves whatever they want, but the numbers don't lie, the program is about to hit a down turn barring some transfers, and their only saving grace is being in a weak division.  They just won't have the horses the next 2 years.

48 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I doubt it. Just based off things posted on here it sounds like the school system boosters and fans have created a bad environment to coach in. 

Waggoner wasn't dumb, TC was a 1-2 year swing with the kids he had and he was always gone after that.  Not hard to look down the line and see there was nothing there coming up.  Jackson, Eden and B. Satt developed alot of good players in MS, but with that structure gone(any TC people wanna tell that story, or are we all gonna pretend that didn't happen too), the cupboard has become empty.  It'll take a few years for Gregory to rebuild the MS which is the secret to TC's success.