South Pittsburg vs Fayetteville (Grider against this Morson man)

Roy Dillard

17 minutes ago, Snowballschance said:

For those who think SP is more talented and athletic that FC , you are sadly mistaken. SP does have an advantage in depth however, that may be the key, Fayetteville has big strong fast kids all over the field that have won a ton of games together, but that won’t get them past SP, close till the 4th, SP may score late when FC turns over on downs for their last punch. All in all, probably one of the better 1A matchups and one I would get used to seeing if I was all of you

SP 42

FC 33

No way they score 33

21 minutes ago, Snowballschance said:

For those who think SP is more talented and athletic that FC , you are sadly mistaken. SP does have an advantage in depth however, that may be the key, Fayetteville has big strong fast kids all over the field that have won a ton of games together, but that won’t get them past SP, close till the 4th, SP may score late when FC turns over on downs for their last punch. All in all, probably one of the better 1A matchups and one I would get used to seeing if I was all of you

SP 42

FC 33

How many did they score on huntland in playoffs ? With all them FC athletes how in the world couldn’t they outrun huntland and Gordonsville? And Cornersville? All three of those teams are slow.

4 minutes ago, Pirate1999 said:

How many did they score on huntland in playoffs ? With all them FC athletes how in the world couldn’t they outrun huntland and Gordonsville? And Cornersville? All three of those teams are slow.

They blame the Gville game on the lack of eligible transfers. I do wonder about the huntland playoff game though 

1 hour ago, piratetom said:

I approve this post! You able to get off work for the game?

It's killing me brother, I have an important day at work, just about ready to quit, but hey, got to feed the family. PowerP will keep me updated and I'm recording it. Everyone knows where my heart will be Friday for sure. Like I said, this is so agonizing for me for sure not to be able to come and cheer our Pirates on with my Pirate faithful.  I was so hoping we'd get to play on Saturday this year, but in this crazy year, what should I have expected. Everyone that knows me and my family know we're not the average Pirates that show up for playoff's and championship games only. We do back them all year. Cheer them on for me guys.. Go Pirates!!

2 minutes ago, Pirate1999 said:

Something to be said for implementing new pieces and not having timing, especially doing that in the playoffs. Team has big play potential every snap, count them out if you want, SP can continue their trend of being the favorite all year then blowing it.

3 minutes ago, Snowballschance said:

Something to be said for implementing new pieces and not having timing, especially doing that in the playoffs. Team has big play potential every snap, count them out if you want, SP can continue their trend of being the favorite all year then blowing it.

Serious question here. Have you watched SP play? More specifically, did you watch our game last week. It’s on YouTube. We held one of the “best” running teams in the state to like 45 total yards. -11 in the second half. To say any team in 1 or 2A would score 33 on us is insane. FC only hope is to hold us to a low score and that’s very hard to do. Meigs did it best, but like I said, we didn’t play for 3 weeks prior to that game and meigs is a great team. 

Edited by PFL30

1 minute ago, PFL30 said:

Serious question here. Have you watched SP play? More specifically, did you watch our game last week. It’s on YouTube. We held one of the “best” running teams in the state to like 45 total yards. -11 in the second half. To say any team in 1 or 2A would score 33 on us is insane. FC only hope is to hold us to a low score and that’s very hard to do. Meigs did it best, but like I said, we didn’t play for 3 weeks prior to that game and meigs is a great team. 

Yes I have, and they are AS advertised. Talent, depth, coaching, experience, just like every other SP team for a decade. No different than Langford and that bunch, no different than the bunch that lost to rice in 11. And yet magically that vanishes in cookville or it has for a good bit. I didn’t say y’all will lose, still a multiple score win in a state title game against a team that’s 23-2 over the last 25 games. Be proud, enjoy getting the weight of the shoulders and finally getting a gold ball, and for god sake someone recommend me a good skillet 

13 minutes ago, sportman said:

It's killing me brother, I have an important day at work, just about ready to quit, but hey, got to feed the family. PowerP will keep me updated and I'm recording it. Everyone knows where my heart will be Friday for sure. Like I said, this is so agonizing for me for sure not to be able to come and cheer our Pirates on with my Pirate faithful.  I was so hoping we'd get to play on Saturday this year, but in this crazy year, what should I have expected. Everyone that knows me and my family know we're not the average Pirates that show up for playoff's and championship games only. We do back them all year. Cheer them on for me guys.. Go Pirates!!

Sorry to hear that man. And yes, you and your family are always there through thick and thin. Thank goodness  I requested this day back earlier this year, just in case.

1 hour ago, Snowballschance said:

Most Pirate fans expect this to be a tough game.  Fayetteville will bring a style of offense that Sp hasn't really seen this year and more athletes at skill positions.  

57 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Most Pirate fans expect this to be a tough game.  Fayetteville will bring a style of offense that Sp hasn't really seen this year and more athletes at skill positions.  

I agree. Most Pirate fans I met a few years ago was great passionate fans. I enjoyed our trip there a few years ago. We got our butts whipped but it helped us the following 2 years. Even went to watch them play at CA the following week. SP like a lot of schools will have a few of those that like to set them up as unbeatable but I can promise you that Grider will have his team fully focused on FC. Sometimes when players read a bunch of crap on here about cakewalks they tend to go in more relaxed which can sometimes work against you. I don’t see it this year because it’s been too long for them to get here. I look for a good game between the 2 most deserving teams in 1A. Best of luck to both teams. I am pulling for our region 5 champs but with that said it will take a perfect game to upend the Pirates. They are a well rounded group that has improved greatly since halftime of Meigs game. Hoping for a great game and may the boys from each side give it their best. Win or lose I want to congratulate both teams for making it and representing their communities well. Good Luck and safe travels. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2