Transfers

lakecounty1968

3 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

It's a great idea but like you said it would be to time consuming. Congratulations to Milan this year. West Tennessee football is alot better when Milan is good.

Here's a thought: If you transfer to a school that is located in an adjacent county, you have to sit out for a year. Would you be in favor of that?

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Snyder left for his freshman year and yes he should have sit out. His mother become principal at the elementary school. If not for that he would have stayed in Dyersburg. 

So the kid should be punished for his mom getting a better job. Read what I just typed a couple times and think about how ridiculous that would be 

10 minutes ago, BigTTowner said:

What is your point?

I'll actually take that back, I don't believe the two Peabody transfers that I'm referring to "waited their turn." They were not on the Varsity roster at another school, therefore, they can transfer and not sit out. They were on the "Freshman roster" but not the "varsity roster." I'm actually confident that I'm right, but I could be wrong. Point is, the LC poster prefers not to see athletes not transferring to another school because of sports only. However, it happens everywhere to the point where it's pretty nothing the TSSAA can do. I want what's best for the athlete, but I also believe it's time for the TSSAA to find a way for a tougher restriction on transferring. I'm 50/50 on this debate.

1 minute ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I'll actually take that back, I don't believe the two Peabody transfers that I'm referring to "waited their turn." They were not on the Varsity roster at another school, therefore, they can transfer and not sit out. They were on the "Freshman roster" but not the "varsity roster." I'm actually confident that I'm right, but I could be wrong. Point is, the LC poster prefers not to see athletes not transferring to another school because of sports only. However, it happens everywhere to the point where it's pretty nothing the TSSAA can do. I want what's best for the athlete, but I also believe it's time for the TSSAA to find a way for a tougher restriction on transferring. I'm 50/50 on this debate.

You have to draw an imaginary line someplace. Tide21 made a great point about the LC players mom getting the Principal job at the elementary school, but what if some stud's dad is given a job cutting the grass just to get the player? One scenario is legit, the other is bogus, but they're the same on paper... I like the rule as it is, but I'd like TSSAA to investigate more than just call the school and ask if they're in violation. That sort of "honor system" only punishes the honest.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Ok so I’m gonna play devil’s advocate here. Just for conversation purposes. Several years ago Tanner Snyder leaves LC for a couple years and then transfers back. Should he have to sit out a year in your opinion??

That would have been a hardship case though with his mother being named principal at Lake Co.What if he didnt have a vehicle? He going to walk to Dyersburg?But then again,if the TSSAA had a rule to sit a year no matter a freshman or not,he probably would never left .Again ,if he wanted to play at Dyersburg in the first place he should have had to move.How we know he wasnt recruited to Dyersburg?He really went there probably for baseball at the time.

19 hours ago, WestTNFootball100 said:

His answer “No because...” I don’t see anything wrong with a kid transferring to better his chances in football and eventually maybe even his life with a scholarship to play ball.  Worked out well for Snyder. 

No ..because he never moved from LC.I know a person can go anywhere as a freshman.But why go to a school 20 miles away? Was he recruited?we know he was a talented baseball player as well .Dyersburg wanted him.The kids played travel and AAU ball .They know these kids.There is an official from Dyersburg that coaches an all star team with several students from other counties for baseball in the summer.Dont think for a minute,he doesnt talk to these kids and their parents about going to Dyersburg.Plus has kids from Dyersburg talk to them also.Just like the Wilson brothers.Dyersburg picked them up during the summer a couple years ago.They helped Dyersburg win a World Series I believe.Wilson was the starting pitcher.Sure,towns like Dyersburg,Dyer Co.,Fayetteville,Greenback,Gibson Co schools etc are going to like transfers cause they have schools close to them to rob.But the true rural schools dont have that advantage.Make them move ,even as incoming freshmen or 1.5 times their enrollment.Dont tell me LC lost about 5 kids to Dyer Co a few years ago because of academics.

Edited by mrbigster

LC could have probably won a couple more championships if not for transfers.Its happened for 15 years to Dyersburg and Dyer Co.Trey Shaw went to Dyersburg to play badketball.Everyine knew his sister was going to follow a couple years later.But LC coaches pretty well wasted their time and money traveling to AAU events ,starting g her over other girls ,only to get her ready for Dyersburg.Id bet theyd love to have known beforehand.Things happen.Ive seen star players leave LC over the years to play at Dyer Co.One started at Dyer Co,a female.The other a Male. Lake Co wasnt good enough for them to play at Lake Co.But then Lake Co hires them as coaches years later.But now Lake Co is good enough for them.How can someone buy what they telling their athletes.Play hard,stay at Lake Co?I really wish LC would make 8th grade as part of high school or eventually build a school where 7th and with grade are part of the high school like Gleason,Bradford etc.Play them as 8th graders.Then they wouldnt lose players as freshmen to Dyersburg and Dyer Co cause they would have an athletic record already.Then would have to sit a year.

All it's going to do is like 68 said.Maryville,Alcoa,etc..football factories.Its like college programs.Teams like Greenback,Dyersburg,Dyer Co.,Gibson Co and Obion Co schools etc have an unfair advantage with schools only about 6 miles apart and can go to each others respective schools as freshmen.Take for instance.Humboldt isnt winning.But they have about 6 very talented middle school players I saw.Little Johnny's parent talks to Milan,Trenton.Man your son is a stud.We need him at our schools.Has a better chance at being recruited to college.Win high school championships.At Humboldt,just going to lise.Come on.Its only about a 7 mile drive.Then as a freshman,Milan or Trenton gains a stud.Humboldt is in worse shape.Stop this mess even as freshmen.Go to where a person is zoned or sit a year.If Little Johnny wants to then go to Milan or Trenton sit a year.Uf not,just see it for what it is.Hes going to those schools for sports only.Just naming Trenton and Milan and Dyersburg schools cause they have schools in the same county and feeder schools.Big advantage.

Just if the TSSAA would do something,this crap wouldnt be happening st Alcoa,Maryville,Memphis schools.Its a sore subject with me as I feel like its cost LC a couple state championship opportunities.About 8 years ago,LC was about 7 and 3.Many players went to other schools.Years before that I hear Announcers say LC was down somewhat.Yes,cause they lost about 5 athletes to Dyersburg and Dyer Co.Its recruiting.LC lost a stud basketball player to Dyersburg about 7 years ago.Still lived at LC.Sister starred at Lake Co.He went to LC all his life.Dad had a job here at LC.Some other things happened ar LC I wont mention but he goes to Dyersburg.Vehicle,gas money to Dyersburg and back every day.About 40 miles round trip.Finalky they move To Dyersburg.Dad gets a job in Dyer Co.Dont tell me players arent recruited and helped financially as well.

Edited by mrbigster