South Pittsburg Pirates’ Coaching Search

OLD PIRATE

3 hours ago, TonyHorton91281 said:

Stone....Singular as in me but not in the way you proclaim. You see when someone is successful in real estate and has investment properties those properties have to produce money. Produce is slang for generating income which means they have to make money. By making money that means those properties have to bring in more gross income than they cost to build, maintain and pay back any debt to the lender. Do you you understand how that kinda thing works? Do you own or rent? I am assuming you rent or that maybe you still live with your parents. If not then I apologize and maybe you are more aware of housing cost, property tax, insurance, etc than you are pretending to carry on about.  However, based on some of your numbers you have spewed on here I am guessing that is not the case. In case you did not know right now there is a lot of demand in both Hamilton County and Marion County. Did you know that Tennessee is the highest rated state in the country for people moving in from out of state over the last year? For example Jasper, South Pittsburg, Richard Hardy, North Jackson, Lookout Valley, Brainerd, Central, Hixson and Red Bank. All places tenants live currently and a few with kids that play sports. Some tenants have boat loads of cash and are just lazy and dont want to have any responsibility. Others live pay check to paycheck and can never get ahead enough to save up for a down payment or have a high enough credit score to buy their own home. Some tenants get government assistance and can only live in properties that accept government assistance. Passive income investments have many layers and can come in all shapes, forms and sizes. However, all layers have to produce (generate income). Insinuating that people buy properties just to house recruits for high school football is moronic (means stupid) but based on what all you have said previously you seem to have several facts tangled, so maybe you don’t know any better. If somebody chooses to move because of a better job or cost of living is lower or to better their kids then that is their own business. It is not your place or anyone's else to spew there business. People move all the time just not as much in small towns like Mayberry.  That unfortunately is going to change in the future. As far as the family from up north they moved here AFTER the mom got on at Lodge. Which by the way is about to expand again creating more jobs in the area. GREAT NEWS MORE RECRUITS RIGHT??? No great news because this area needs jobs! But wait a minute, Lodge has to be in on this too right??? I bet they are probably even giving raises to these so called recruits and not even making them come in to work! (Btw the mother in question you have mentioned is crushing it there and has continued to do extremely well for herself.) Suggesting people that move here gets bags of cash payments and live for free is asinine (means extremely foolish). If the QBC was giving out bags of cash why would they not of just given them cash to pay rent? Doesn't seem very logical (means sensible given the circumstances) to cheat by giving cash then all of a sudden grow a conscious and decide to cheat foolishly by writing a check. This is getting attention just because of a rivalry that simply wont die. Which do not be surprised when little brother throws a haymaker back that has been saved up for over a year.

I am only responding to this non sense once because I have better things to do than listen to gossip but you keep wanting to put my families name in your mouth for some reason so I thought I would given you an open invitation to discuss with me personally. As far as Chris Jones goes he was with the Cleveland Browns last Fall and not with the Pirates in any shape fashion or form from my understanding. From my understanding I dont think there was good history there with him and our former coach. Btw his kids go to Jasper so I am not sure how it would benefit him to help a school he has no kids at or help a coach he doesnt have a great past with. I understand when there is no logic there the answer is to simple just throw everything on the wall and hopefully something will stick. After all it has worked out so well for the people of Jasper in the past.  

To the SP people...Everyone take a breathe and calm down. Jones and Wag are both good men to lead the program moving fwd and there is the possibility to keep them both. If everyone will stay quite long enough they will hear Geppetto laughing while sitting in Jasper pulling all the strings.

Good post! 

I know people are all in on Brad or Chris and both are good coaches, but I think there is one we are letting slip through are fingers in Adam Caine. I think the guy can flat out coach. He definitely knows how to spread the field and get his best athletes the ball. Heard he even hand delivered his application to the school. Maybe someone from the outside would be good...

• Like 1

Just now, powerp said:

I know people are all in on Brad or Chris and both are good coaches, but I think there is one we are letting slip through are fingers in Adam Caine. I think the guy can flat out coach. He definitely knows how to spread the field and get his best athletes the ball. Heard he even hand delivered his application to the school. Maybe someone from the outside would be good...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd take him in a heartbeat.  I don't know all of the names on the list but I don't think you could go wrong at all with Caine.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, powerp said:

He's had alot of success at a couple of different schools over the last five years for sure.

29 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

He's had alot of success at a couple of different schools over the last five years for sure.

Main event man what kind of mess is this? "Success over last 5 years at a couple different schools". That means he keeps his suitcase packed.  The jailhouse likes them type.  Our boys dont need a coach that has a resume of short stints like the SOS had.  You think im joking but im not. 

21 hours ago, Greatdefender said:

Yea the QB club is part of the school and the check was written from the QB club that is not a smart move.  

The TSSAA considers it part of the school.  However, it was set up as an independent nonprofit, and that is what caused the problem. The IRS considers it to be independent.   In the future, SPHS is going to have to put ex officio member(s) from the school administration on its board/committee or whatever when it is allowed to reform in order to provide oversight to prevent this kind of thing from happening.

2 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

Main event man what kind of mess is this? "Success over last 5 years at a couple different schools". That means he keeps his suitcase packed.  The jailhouse likes them type.  Our boys dont need a coach that has a resume of short stints like the SOS had.  You think im joking but im not. 

There you go talking about people during the pandemic again. Pitiful. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Narco said:

Something that had me curious from this past fall was the SP assistant coach winning a large sum of money from the booster club or QB club. Is that legal or illegal? It just seems like a conflict of interest to me and doesn't look good. 

He bought a ticket like the rest of us.  It was a fund raiser and public drawing where everyone could see.  There was no conflict of interest and there was no shady business to it.  

Edited by The Drunken Sailor