South Pittsburg Pirates’ Coaching Search

OLD PIRATE

46 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

What he is saying is Marion payed a college player to PRACTICE.Although that is wrong it is not in the same league as paying a PLAYER on the team and then playing regular season games with him.Whether it's a booster paying a Landlord or handing the money to mom it's still giving special benefits to a player which is a big violation and you all just got 2 years of wrist slaps.GCA a few years back paid a kids tuition and got 3 years of probation and no playoffs.Not any difference.The amount doesnt matter it's the violation of the rules.

And yes if you pay the kids rent you payed the kid!!It directly benefited him.

I could care less either way but after the way your Village idiots acted in 2019 sounds like a dose of Karma.

And you know the really bad pet was that certain SP posters acted the way they did and you guys had done nothing wrong. I feel bad for the good SP posters on here but have no sympathy for some. 

2 hours ago, rlh said:

Jasper did pay the guy and they didn't have to miss the playoffs.  It was during the season when they did it.  No SPHS did not pay a player.  The QB club paid rent to the manager. 

And you don’t have to miss so much as a practice. Seems odd is all. 

5 hours ago, rlh said:

So TNValleyPoop joined Feb 21, 2021.  Interesting.

Maybe he’s the scorned captain. I hear the forced resignation is gonna cost him a lot more than if they’d let him stay until his legal matters were resolved. I was told he vowed to take some folks down with him as the meeting concluded. Sounds like he may be making good on his promise. 

5 hours ago, ghostofthepast said:

There is no consistency in punishment.  Some teams get docked practices, some teams get docked playoffs.  Stop making it sound like some conspiracy with conspirators, it's really just good ole fashion despotism among the administration.

There is supposed to be a motion made at the next GHSA meeting that if any ineligible player steps on the field for one play, that team becomes ineligible for the playoffs that season. To heck with this forfeiting just enough games to knock a region champion down to a 3 or 4 seed, thereby punishing the 1 or 2 seed that has to play them. That happened in Georgia AAA this season, when the best team, by far, in that class had to forfeit a couple of games and fell to a 3 seed. 

42 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

I will say this in a sp voice "The player was there watching us practice. A $50 bill had been dropped and it was windy and he was chasing it down. Our players thought he was in on the play and chased him to tackle him. It was all a misunderstanding. We are investigating who dropped the $50. It had to be sp trying to frame us." :lol:

LRDAO.... That Childress man should have shut you jailhouse fellars down after the paint gate.  You think im joking but im not. 

46 minutes ago, crow said:

Maybe he’s the scorned captain. I hear the forced resignation is gonna cost him a lot more than if they’d let him stay until his legal matters were resolved. I was told he vowed to take some folks down with him as the meeting concluded. Sounds like he may be making good on his promise. 

:shock: 

Crow you have a friend in sp land I see that knows what went on. You are all over it. 

1 hour ago, crow said:

And you don’t have to miss so much as a practice. Seems odd is all. 

Spring practice is cut back with no scrimmage and August scrimmages are cut back from 4 to 2.  QB club is disbanded for a year.  The player is suspended.  This happened December after the 2020 season.   

1 hour ago, crow said:

He wasn't forced to retire.  You realize this happened in December?  The speculation on him leaving was going on in August.  When he came back, he said it was for 5 years, it has been 6.

Edited by rlh

2 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

I will say this in a sp voice "The player was there watching us practice. A $50 bill had been dropped and it was windy and he was chasing it down. Our players thought he was in on the play and chased him to tackle him. It was all a misunderstanding. We are investigating who dropped the $50. It had to be sp trying to frame us." :lol:

I was more mad at the turncoat player than y'all!  I hope they dog piled him like it was a 100.  :lol::lol:

• Like 1