South Pittsburg Pirates’ Coaching Search

OLD PIRATE

1 hour ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Hello best friend! Long time no see. 

Since you did not get the Trousdale job , you could apply for the one at SP. 

No thanks, maybe you could take some time away from mowing yrds, and telling the kids to walk laps and take the gig?  I mean you'd be great, plus, you could finally make above the poverty line once you got out of TC.

53 minutes ago, crow said:

I didn’t imply anything. Someone involved with the program gave inappropriate benefits to a player or their family. The benefit was money in this case and T$$AA acknowledged that it happened. Show me a case where this has happened in the past and probation only was the ruling. 

Actually it was someone from the QB club to the property manager as per TSSAA.  Go re-read it. Furthermore, it was after the season.  I gave you a case where Jasper paid money to a college player to practice and the lost spring practice and fall scrimmage.  They had a similar thing later on regarding contact with a player from another school. 

5 minutes ago, rlh said:

Actually it was someone from the QB club to the property manager as per TSSAA.  Go re-read it. Furthermore, it was after the season.  I gave you a case where Jasper paid money to a college player to practice and the lost spring practice and fall scrimmage.  They had a similar thing later on regarding contact with a player from another school. 

What was the deal years ago where sp had to forfeit a season for using an ineligible player? 

Was that the only punishment? I don't remember. 

Edited by PurplePower68

Just now, PurplePower68 said:

What was the deal years ago where sp had to forfeit a season for using an ineligible player? 

2000 and a freshmen that played a few minutes.  That was over a controversial letter with Whitwell implicated.  SP only won 2 games on the field that year anyway. 

14 minutes ago, ghostofthepast said:

No thanks, maybe you could take some time away from mowing yrds, and telling the kids to walk laps and take the gig?  I mean you'd be great, plus, you could finally make above the poverty line once you got out of TC.

True. You would probably get embarrassed since your resume is so bare and not get an interview. 

I like money too much to be a teacher if that is what you are trying to imply. 

22 minutes ago, rlh said:

“Jasper” didn’t pay a player on their roster that played during the season it was a college player that wasn’t on their roster and didn’t play a high school game for them. It was wrong but different and their penalty was still more severe. Y’all paid a player / family on the roster and no loss of anything, merely probation. The “you better not do it again” equivalent. Not the standard set in the past. You said yourself Marion lost field time which is more than Bernie handed the Pirates. Wonder how much his silver costs?

• Like 2

Just now, crow said:

“Jasper” didn’t pay a player on their roster that played during the season it was a college player that wasn’t on their roster and didn’t play a high school game for them. It was wrong but different and their penalty was still more severe. Y’all paid a player / family on the roster and no loss of anything, merely probation. The “you better not do it again” equivalent. Not the standard set in the past. You said yourself Marion lost field time which is more than Bernie handed the Pirates. Wonder how much his silver costs?

Jasper did pay the guy and they didn't have to miss the playoffs.  It was during the season when they did it.  No SPHS did not pay a player.  The QB club paid rent to the manager. 

"We were actually notified of three accusations made by another school that we investigated thoroughly," Childress said. "We were able to debunk two of those quickly, but this one was something that, after looking into it themselves, South Pittsburg's administration reported back to us that the violation had in fact occurred.

"We waived the fine because the school took the appropriate action that needed to be taken. As we discussed with the school's administrators, the issue was that any action taken by a quarterback club should be approved by the school because we don't consider those to be an outside entity. Booster clubs are a part of the school, and we have been assured by the South Pittsburg administration that their club will be closely monitored moving forward."

1 hour ago, rlh said:

Jasper did pay the guy and they didn't have to miss the playoffs.  It was during the season when they did it.  No SPHS did not pay a player.  The QB club paid rent to the manager. 

What he is saying is Marion payed a college player to PRACTICE.Although that is wrong it is not in the same league as paying a PLAYER on the team and then playing regular season games with him.Whether it's a booster paying a Landlord or handing the money to mom it's still giving special benefits to a player which is a big violation and you all just got 2 years of wrist slaps.GCA a few years back paid a kids tuition and got 3 years of probation and no playoffs.Not any difference.The amount doesnt matter it's the violation of the rules.

And yes if you pay the kids rent you payed the kid!!It directly benefited him.

I could care less either way but after the way your Village idiots acted in 2019 sounds like a dose of Karma.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

What he is saying is Marion payed a college player to PRACTICE.Although that is wrong it is not in the same league as paying a PLAYER on the team and then playing regular season games with him.Whether it's a booster paying a Landlord or handing the money to mom it's still giving special benefits to a player which is a big violation and you all just got 2 years of wrist slaps.GCA a few years back paid a kids tuition and got 3 years of probation and no playoffs.Not any difference.The amount doesnt matter it's the violation of the rules.

And yes if you pay the kids rent you payed the kid!!It directly benefited him.

I could care less either way but after the way your Village idiots acted in 2019 sounds like a dose of Karma.

I will say this in a sp voice "The player was there watching us practice. A $50 bill had been dropped and it was windy and he was chasing it down. Our players thought he was in on the play and chased him to tackle him. It was all a misunderstanding. We are investigating who dropped the $50. It had to be sp trying to frame us." :lol:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1