State Tournament Class A

5 hours ago, SayWhat said:

MAHS hasn't bent any rules...yall to funny..everyone cheats if they from Memphis..that narrative is old and demeaning to the kids who are there from Memphis...I guess Memphis don't work hard as the rural counties smh...Coach Watkins lost a son last yr..Im happy as ever for him..he deserves this

Much respect to the young men from MAHS.  Very good team and well coached. 

56 minutes ago, terop said:

Great win by Clay County...Grant Strong is a gamer

If you go back and Read my posts  from last year. I said he was the best player in Class A then as a sophomore.  This should have been Back to Back State Championships for Clay. They lost a very good post player to graduation. Last years team was as good or better. 

29 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

If you go back and Read my posts  from last year. I said he was the best player in Class A then as a sophomore.  This should have been Back to Back State Championships for Clay. They lost a very good post player to graduation. Last years team was as good or better. 

Well they definitely will be favored next year with only one senior. I feel the same about MAHS team last year.  They had the one guard that' s in college and Dixon left this year for Prep School.

3 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Both teams better hit the free ones today! If Clay can take care of the ball while getting easy points against the press and defend the paint better than they did yesterday I believe they can win by 10. 

Right on the dot. Good assessment.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

I honestly thought Monterey was better last year 

I was just checking TSSAA records and it shows this is Clay's first ever state championship in men's basketball. Clay County has had some great teams over the years so it's hard to believe this is the first but it just goes to show you a state championship is hard to come by. Congrats.

9 minutes ago, dogtruth said:

I was just checking TSSAA records and it shows this is Clay's first ever state championship in men's basketball. Clay County has had some great teams over the years so it's hard to believe this is the first but it just goes to show you a state championship is hard to come by. Congrats.

They don’t grow on trees do they?? Takes a special group of high IQ players.