Single A conversation (please anyone)

shockernation

On 4/14/2021 at 5:37 PM, rtl112 said:

I think Coalfield and North Greene are the teams to watch out for in the east.

To be perfectly frank, I'd be very surprised to see anyone other than NG and UH from east TN at state. Oneida, Coalfield, and Tellico Plains all have nifty records, but that's because their schedules are chock full of low-level competition.

When UH and NG aren't playing league games, you can typically find them mixing it up with teams like Elizabethton, Greeneville, Sullivan South, Tennessee High, David Crockett, Providence Academy, Hardin Valley, South Doyle, ect. Playing those games (even if you aren't winning all of them) really make a difference come Mid-May.

22 hours ago, crazzyness said:

To be perfectly frank, I'd be very surprised to see anyone other than NG and UH from east TN at state. Oneida, Coalfield, and Tellico Plains all have nifty records, but that's because their schedules are chock full of low-level competition.

When UH and NG aren't playing league games, you can typically find them mixing it up with teams like Elizabethton, Greeneville, Sullivan South, Tennessee High, David Crockett, Providence Academy, Hardin Valley, South Doyle, ect. Playing those games (even if you aren't winning all of them) really make a difference come Mid-May.

Best post I have seen in awhile...I agree 100%. As long as NG and UH get out of their district, they will be at state. 

6 hours ago, 99SportsFan said:

North Greene is a team that could make a good run in the state tournament with several good pitchers, if they are hitting the ball well at tournament time they have a chance to win it all.

I'll be honest, I haven't seen NG hit well enough constantly to make a run through the bracket down there. They are deep on the mound, and they don't boot it around much at all, but IMO they're only above average at the plate. I hope I'm wrong though. 

On 4/30/2021 at 10:22 PM, crazzyness said:

I agree with you about coalfield and oneida and the weakness of their schedules. District 3 is way down this year compared to two years ago. Wartburg, Rockwood, Harriman, and Oliver Springs are down this year. District 3 was really competitive two years ago with some good teams in it. Anybody that is in district 3 has a shot at winning the tournament minus Oliver springs and sunbright with coalfield and Oneida being the favorites. It will all come down to who has the most pitching. There’s not a dominant pitcher for anybody in district 3 and I’d say coalfield hits it the best. Especially the top 4-5 in their lineup. I say coalfield is a year or two away from making a real run to make the state tournament. They have a good core of sophomores and they start an eight grader at catcher who has the potential to be a really good player

Peabody picked up a end of regular season win against a great ball club in the Milan Bulldawgs! Gritty back and fourth game ! Looking for a great run out of the Tide! Now it’s honestly all about how these coaches use the lineup ! Let’s go Single A ! Turney Time

ROLL GOLDEN TIDE 

On 4/30/2021 at 10:22 PM, crazzyness said:

We mix it up with Oakridge, Knox Webb, Knox West.  We play some tough non district teams.  Sounds no different to me.

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

14 A turney has had the start we expect! GC looked very solid against a good Halls team, Peabody dominated 5th seed Madison as anyone would expect, today we get to see some great action at 5 with GC vs PHS,gonna be a great one !!

I agree. Peabody has been hot and playing well and GC played well yesterday. Should be a good one.