Jump to content

Shooting at Austin-East...very SAD!


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, tradertwo said:

 

 

Come on Willie. You created this thread, then expressed a very biased opinion about the NRA and the Republican Party having some secondary responsibility/liability for the actions of some misguided juvenile through their failure to act on your "plausible solution". Do your credibility a favor, and engage in the discussion.

With all due respect, I agree with most everything you say. Let us all read that again...I agree with most everything you say. Even Waco has made some points that I have thought about.  

If you want to keep after me...smh.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, guthook said:

Why don't you want it described as a school shooting?  I'm not sure I understand where you're coming from.

Because it wasn't a school shooting it was a police involved shooting that happened at a school that possibly prevented a school shooting. What don't you understand about that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MSURacer said:

Curious about your father theory. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold (the Columbine shooters) both had present and attentive fathers from what I remember. So did Elliot Rodger. 

I responding respectfully and I hope it comes across that way.  If it does not, I apologize.  I've worked with thousands of kids over the last 30 years from every economic, racial and social demographic one could imagine. I've never seen a child with a great father or even a good father,  end up being a life long loser. Not saying the any child , no matter the quality of parents,  won't make mistakes, have set backs, maybe even slightly go off the rails but never to the point beyond return and certainly not to the point of killing numerous innocent people for no reason.

Having said that, my definition of a great father probably has a much higher standard than others.  I will never believe a great father will raise a child that goes on a random killing spree, especially of children.  Was the father a great example of a Christ-like leader in his home, at work, in public, caring and faithful to his wife, was he dedicated to his extended family, his church, his community , his country, was he hard working, honest and trust worthy? Did he carry the weight of his families burdens without compliant? Was he the kind of person other honorable men wanted to be around sought advice from and even deferred to?  Did he lead by example , did he walk the walk even in private and even in front of those closest to him and those that lived with him ? Were his actions, motives and habits always  above doubt? 

Again, I say this as respectfully as I can, but a father like that would never raise a monstrous coward that would go on a mass shooting spree of innocent children.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

With all due respect, I agree with most everything you say. Let us all read that again...I agree with most everything you say. Even Waco has made some points that I have thought about.  

If you want to keep after me...smh.

 

Keep after you??? This is YOUR topic, you expressed YOUR opinion, then tried the "high road" escape hatch when folks attempted a discussion about your not so veiled thoughts on the matter. You're right... SMH at the way some people respond to even slight critique of their viewpoints. This typical response is the primary reason for the division among the populous now...seems you're either all in with the radical left, or they lump you in with the far right crazies. If you'll read my post slowly without pigeon holing my intent regardless of the words, I only encouraged you to engage in the discussion.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Keep after you??? This is YOUR topic, you expressed YOUR opinion, then tried the "high road" escape hatch when folks attempted a discussion about your not so veiled thoughts on the matter. You're right... SMH at the way some people respond to even slight critique of their viewpoints. This typical response is the primary reason for the division among the populous now...seems you're either all in with the radical left, or they lump you in with the far right crazies. If you'll read my post slowly without pigeon holing my intent regardless of the words, I only encouraged you to engage in the discussion.

He set it up by calling this a "mass shooting" in his first post. in his second post he blamed it on the NRA and Republicans. He's of the same mind set as the corrupt media and no different than the white boys in skinny jeans riding their little skate boards, looting and burning the liberal cities right now in this country. Complete Idiots.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

With all due respect, I agree with most everything you say. Let us all read that again...I agree with most everything you say. Even Waco has made some points that I have thought about.  

If you want to keep after me...smh.

 

Lol so you're going to slap the hornets nest and sit back and watch Guthook get stung lol. You made this bed...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 32hammer said:

I responding respectfully and I hope it comes across that way.  If it does not, I apologize.  I've worked with thousands of kids over the last 30 years from every economic, racial and social demographic one could imagine. I've never seen a child with a great father or even a good father,  end up being a life long loser. Not saying the any child , no matter the quality of parents,  won't make mistakes, have set backs, maybe even slightly go off the rails but never to the point beyond return and certainly not to the point of killing numerous innocent people for no reason.

Having said that, my definition of a great father probably has a much higher standard than others.  I will never believe a great father will raise a child that goes on a random killing spree, especially of children.  Was the father a great example of a Christ-like leader in his home, at work, in public, caring and faithful to his wife, was he dedicated to his extended family, his church, his community , his country, was he hard working, honest and trust worthy? Did he carry the weight of his families burdens without compliant? Was he the kind of person other honorable men wanted to be around sought advice from and even deferred to?  Did he lead by example , did he walk the walk even in private and even in front of those closest to him and those that lived with him ? Were his actions, motives and habits always  above doubt? 

Again, I say this as respectfully as I can, but a father like that would never raise a monstrous coward that would go on a mass shooting spree of innocent children.

 

Good post my friend!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

 Dear CoachT,

      I apologize to you for posting my initial post. This topic had a dubious beginning and I will leave it alone. If others continue this it is on them and they bare sole responsibility for their words.

Thank you,

Steve

Lol! What a dweeb. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Announcements




×
  • Create New...