open dates

fredjones

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

It sure is, most of our crop is home grown unlike Alcoa and Oakland. If you took the large percentage of players those two team import out of Nashville and Knoxville they would be average at best. Maryville's transfer in's are the national average among all schools across the country.

Biggest BS on CoachT! Wow.

tenor.gif.54378da71760b32e1deb4f973f57c4e6.gif

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Haydiboy said:

No it was an actual review look at  the region 4-5a thing  and there is a link  to it

An actual review would mean stating something after the fact.  Now an opinion is something completely different.  I looked at the region 4-5a thread and there is nothing about Powell in there or Maryville since neither is region 4-5a and not in the link that was posted.  Also i've been around high school football in TN for a while and anyone picking Powell over Maryville needs to find another job (including Carter Mansfield, whoever the heck that is, that wrote and article about 4-5a)

6 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Shawn Witten, Besty Coach was ask at the Mr Football awards in Nashville last fall about playing Alcoa. He said NO! Alcoa ask teams in East TN that turned them down, only to have them schedule murvul....ha.

They don't want to go into playoffs with two regular season losses hahah

46 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

https://www.stateoftennesseehsfb.com/east-tennessee/articles/region-2-6a-2021-preview/

Look at the prediction for Maryville it says 9-1 that's what i was talking about bro, and I wasn't saying either of those teams were in that region either I was saying to go that  forum and follow the link that was placed on there by the rhea County poster, but I went ahead and posted the region 2 6a on here so you didn't have to do that.  Whoever wrote that isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. They have quite predictions that are incorrect in my opinion  if has catholic  beating Powell then Maryville will definitely beat them as well.  He put way to much into who the team is losing and not who is stepping up as seniors to take there place  he has my team going  5-5 and I see mcminn going  8-2 to 6-4 toss up being rhea county,Cleveland, and east Hamilton. (They will more than likely lose to bradley so I didn't see that as a toss up.)

I went and read through some of the predictions and the man doesn't need to be writing about football unless he wants to put time into actually studying the teams like 5starpreps do.  He has my team (Greeneville going 7-3 regular season which hasn't happened since 2012 I believe).  He has our breakout player as Gillispie who was already a 4a all-state DB last season and didn't mention the Junior wr in Dabbs who lead the team in receiving yards but one of the webistes that sponsors him has Dabbs As a top 25 player in the class of 2023.  States we have one of the best returning teams in the entire state (10 on D and 9 on O ) who lost to Betsy by 4 points who loses most of their starting Oline and the heart of their D in Morton.  Don't buy into anything the guy writes

6 hours ago, Swipes said:

It was a dig at Powell and Alcoa saying they both recruit and get transfers unlike Maryville :rolleyes:.  Powell has some big time athletes with D1 Offers and the Maryville fan (BarneySox) said they might pop up and beat Maryville since they recruit like Alcoa does (or play by the same rules as he put it).

Wasn't a dig at Alcoa or Powell. It is what it is. A third of Alcoa isn't home grown. Not saying they recruit but the name does. Now on Powell's side of the fence Lowe has always been on top of the game and has to know each player in Knoxville's ability like a professional NFL Fantasy League Player. Nothing negative about it, both teams attract players from other ends of the area on a high scale. Alcoa more on tradition and facilities and great coaches. Powell more on the smart ability to know more about the players on the other teams than their own coaches. Powell could be in a position to pull it off against Maryville from what I've heard they have on the street.

17 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Wasn't a dig at Alcoa or Powell. It is what it is. A third of Alcoa isn't home grown. Not saying they recruit but the name does. Now on Powell's side of the fence Lowe has always been on top of the game and has to know each player in Knoxville's ability like a professional NFL Fantasy League Player. Nothing negative about it, both teams attract players from other ends of the area on a high scale. Alcoa more on tradition and facilities and great coaches. Powell more on the smart ability to know more about the players on the other teams than their own coaches. Powell could be in a position to pull it off against Maryville from what I've heard they have on the street.

more BS!

over the last 20 years....NO team in Tennessee has recruited more than the Maryville Rebels. Now that the school is beyond capacity you see a changing of the guard. They can not bring in the Knoxville area, and Blount County players.   It will be a lonnnggg time before maryville wins a 6A championship.

I'd love to see Powell beat the brakes off the rebuls this year using a recruited and  loaded talent pool as did murvul everyone else over the years. It would be the same as what happened to Fulton the last 4-5 years! They are a non-factor. With Oakland, murvul is too! :thumb:

On 6/17/2021 at 9:13 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

It sure is, most of our crop is home grown unlike Alcoa and Oakland. If you took the large percentage of players those two team import out of Nashville and Knoxville they would be average at best. Maryville's transfer in's are the national average among all schools across the country.

That must be what gives them the confidence to play teams as good as or better than them.

18 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

Exactly what I was I was thinking greeneville  should go 10-0. And that alot of his predictions  were not good whatsoever.

For Greeneville to go 10-0 that means they must beat:

• Knox Central

• Elizabethton

• Dobyns-Bennett

• Oak Ridge

It is certainly possible but it’s not a given.

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

more BS!

over the last 20 years....NO team in Tennessee has recruited more than the Maryville Rebels. Now that the school is beyond capacity you see a changing of the guard. They can not bring in the Knoxville area, and Blount County players.   It will be a lonnnggg time before maryville wins a 6A championship.

I'd love to see Powell beat the brakes off the rebuls this year using a recruited and  loaded talent pool as did murvul everyone else over the years. It would be the same as what happened to Fulton the last 4-5 years! They are a non-factor. With Oakland, murvul is too! :thumb:

Of course you would love to see Powell beat Maryville and most everyone else from Alcoa.  Beating Maryville to Alcoa means a lot more that it does to Maryville beating Alcoa. When Maryville win its your normal celebration but when Alcoa wins it's like watching grown ups turn into wild animals after the game. Have a good friend that went to Heritage in the mid 80's that has a boy who played for Maryville the past three years. Anyways his kid was a sophomore when Alcoa beat Maryville. The following week on Monday at the JV game where his son was a starter for Maryville that night he was setting a row down from me talking pretty loud telling about how ugly Alcoa fans were to him and his kid on the football field the past Friday Night. He got a big shock that night how the riff raff part of Alcoa fans act that can't handle winning with class . The forth and Forever shows that when Rankin went wild on a bunch that were crossing the line with him. It was a surprise to this guy I know and he said he lost any respect for them the way grown men and women out of high school 30 and 40 years acted that night. He was new to it but I've seen it for many years so it kind of flies over my head anymore. Anyone on here doubting my word needs to watch Rankin after the Maryville game if they truly want to see how Alcoa fans act if they things don't go their way. Personally I would rather beat Alcoa like that then to go win by 45 points. That way their all there to the last second of the game and you can enjoy watching them go out the gate at the same time instead of trickling out a little bit at a time in a blowout.

Edited by BarneySox2007

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

more BS!

Bee Cee honey, which has happened sooner, Marevul winning a 6A championship or Alcoee winning a Blount County championship? By the way, I always thought you liked "lonnnggg".

tee hee hee

Tall Woman short man stool by lowerrider on DeviantArt

2 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

I think its likely bc of the amount of boys  coming back and they did pretty good  on a "down " year . But you're right those are all tough outs 

Hopefully we will get a Greeneville/KnoxCentral thread going to get into the X's and O's....   Since it is on a Saturday I may drive down, that is if you Greenies will allow a Blazer to sit on your side of the field.

31 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

I'm not a greeneville  fan brotherman  I'm a mcminn cherokee I'd like to go to that on or oak ridge hopefully they'd let a cherokee  join em as well

oopsie....    Well who knows, maybe I'll see you @ the Knox Central game.     Just look for an old guy with a Boone hat