Powell getting a big boost

JustinBuck

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Hope HTV will hurry and Create a Powell Anderson County Board. Powell is looking down the schedule. Hope they still want to play the AC game. Just saying. It's been a long year since the end zone pass from Powell to win and the Mavericks need some closure. 

First of all, I didn't create this thread.  I simply opined as a guy who has ties and history with both the Powell and Maryville programs. 

Secondly, I have a ton of respect for both Davy Gillum and Gary Terry and the program they have built at AC.  Gary is a good friend and I would never discount the AC program in any way.   This thread was about the Maryville/Powell game. 

I promise you that nobody is overlooking AC.  The series between Powell and AC is a great one, and recent history says that AC will bring all they have in the Powell game.  Powell has a target on their backs and will get all they can handle and then some in that game and everybody on their schedule will give Powell their best effort.  AC has always been a though game for Powell, 

Not sure what issues you have with me, but if you don't like what I post I invite you to either put me on ignore or get a better handle on reading comprehension.  

Bottom line:  

The Powell/AC and Powell/Maryville games are going to be great tests for all of the teams involved, but in the grand scheme of things they really don't mean a thing.  They are non region/non classification games.  They are being played to prepare the teams for seeing good teams come playoff time.  That's when it really counts.  

Get the chip off of your shoulder.  Nobody is dissing AC. 

Edited by HTV
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, HTV said:

First of all, I didn't create this thread.  I simply opined as a guy who has ties and history with both the Powell and Maryville programs. 

Secondly, I have a ton of respect for both Davy Gillum and Gary Terry and the program they have built at AC.  Gary is a good friend and I would never discount the AC program in any way.   This thread was about the Maryville/Powell game. 

I promise you that nobody is overlooking AC.  The series between Powell and AC is a great one, and recent history says that AC will bring all they have in the Powell game.  Powell has a target on their backs and will get all they can handle and then some in that game and everybody on their schedule will give Powell their best effort.  AC has always been a though game for Powell, 

Not sure what issues you have with me, but if you don't like what I post I invite you to either put me on ignore or get a better handle on reading comprehension.  

Bottom line:  

The Powell/AC and Powell/Maryville games are going to be great tests for all of the teams involved, but in the grand scheme of things they really don't mean a thing.  They are non region/non classification games.  They are being played to prepare the teams for seeing good teams come playoff time.  That's when it really counts.  

^^^ Triggered post at it’s finest. Also just for the record, this thread isn’t about Powell and Maryville, it’s ab Powell recrui…cough cough, excuse me “getting a big boost.” Just saying :thumb: 

12 hours ago, PS2NDTD3AA said:

The Rebels are an absolute machine. Hunt learned well from Quarles. Will definitely be an upset if Powell wins. I don’t think the game would have been close originally as scheduled, but Powell adding Walter definitely makes things interesting. There haven’t been many players of his caliber play East TN HS football. 

Shocked me how bad Oakland whipped Maryville last season, haven’t seen them get smacked that bad since they played white station one season in the state championship game 

7 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Hope HTV will hurry and Create a Powell Anderson County Board. Powell is looking down the schedule. Hope they still want to play the AC game. Just saying. It's been a long year since the end zone pass from Powell to win and the Mavericks need some closure. 

Mavs, I don't think Powell needs any extra motivation against AC. Based on personal experience, those kids would MUCH rather go home with a W against AC.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PS2NDTD3AA said:

The Rebels are an absolute machine. Hunt learned well from Quarles. Will definitely be an upset if Powell wins. I don’t think the game would have been close originally as scheduled, but Powell adding Walter definitely makes things interesting. There haven’t been many players of his caliber play East TN HS football. 

Any other year I say it would be an upset. Powell has too many weapons for this game to be called an upset if Powell does happen to win. That is no slight to Maryville, because I believe they are still the better team but not sure they can match the athletes Powell will have this one year together. I'm a big fan of Quarles because he always found a way to win this type of game so it'll be interesting to see if Hunt can do the same. I said yesterday Maryville will need to control the clock to keep Potts off the field. If Maryville is up at Halftime, I see them bleeding it out in the 3rd QTR like they have so many times before. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Mavs, I don't think Powell needs any extra motivation against AC. Based on personal experience, those kids would MUCH rather go home with a W against AC.

Not this year, the schedule  is setting up for a "we're back" tour. If they can knock off Maryville and Catholic in the same year then it'll mean more than beating AC again. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Powell has too many weapons for this game to be called an upset ...... but not sure they can match the athletes Powell will have this one year together. 

Eye haiv now upped tha line on tha gaim aftur reedin' this frum JU two now maik Pal a 99.1 pt. favritt.......JU and kim haiv opuned my I's.......Our pore littull fellurs.....:unsure:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HTV said:

Bottom line:  

Lol HTV did not mean it to come out that way...LOL I have always like you even though good and bad...no hard feelings. But to get on same page I don't believe the new recruit will get much playing time the 1st game. It may take time to acclamate. 

Anyways have a good one and Good Luck!

2 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Haha Nut this is going to be a fun one. Just don't want you guys saying well we were thinking Maryville. LOL Oh and that was darn good recruiting. AC need to get into this pipeline. LOL

4 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Lol HTV did not mean it to come out that way...LOL I have always like you even though good and bad...no hard feelings. But to get on same page I don't believe the new recruit will get much playing time the 1st game. It may take time to acclamate. 

Anyways have a good one and Good Luck!

After seeing what they did to Farragut with out the recruit they dang pretty good team. If one of there best receivers was out which I saw a kid in a walking boot. They still had 4 other receivers that were pretty dang good along with the running back. 

• Like 2