Milan travels to Trenton Peabody

PeabodyPride

15 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah I don’t buy all the Milan negativity. Guy in Dyersburg said Milan had some good football players. Peabody lost some good players too.  

Not total sandbagging in all honesty, two year in a Row it was multiple score wins and the Tide coulda have cashed in another late but showed class as we would expect from Diffee !  Milan got curb stomped in line play halfway thru the second quarter on, now Milan returns a lot of the line and the Tide has a lot of youth however the D ends and Burkett are the Dawgs alive last year ! I personally think a big school like Milan should always be favored  but depth has helped Trenton, will the depth be there this year is the biggest question ! 

32 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Not total sandbagging in all honesty, two year in a Row it was multiple score wins and the Tide coulda have cashed in another late but showed class as we would expect from Diffee !  Milan got curb stomped in line play halfway thru the second quarter on, now Milan returns a lot of the line and the Tide has a lot of youth however the D ends and Burkett are the Dawgs alive last year ! I personally think a big school like Milan should always be favored  but depth has helped Trenton, will the depth be there this year is the biggest question ! 

I think you nailed it there. The last couple of years we have been on the wrong end of the stick. Line play, line play, line play.

I really wish Milan would have played their starters against Union City’s starters. Yes we may have been beat but it was a slap in the face to sit your starters. Hope we cancel this yearly jamboree if it is only going to be a jv meet. We could have found others that would have wanted to better their team by playing at least a couple of series with the starters. Oh and yes he is sand bagging Milan is loaded this year.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Tornado82 said:

I really wish Milan would have played their starters against Union City’s starters. Yes we may have been beat but it was a slap in the face to sit your starters. Hope we cancel this yearly jamboree if it is only going to be a jv meet. We could have found others that would have wanted to better their team by playing at least a couple of series with the starters. Oh and yes he is sand bagging Milan is loaded this year.

Well before you get too upset you need to know all the facts. It wasn’t a slap in the face because it was agreed to before hand. The UC coach had to cancel the freshman/JV portion of the night cause they didn’t have enough to do it. We asked if they would mind playing our JV cause we had some injuries and some contact traced and the coach agreed. There was nothing done that neither side didn’t know about. 

On 8/15/2021 at 5:46 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Last couple of years has not been a toss up game. We have gotten beat by 3 tds last two years. We did bring back several good players from a team Peabody smacked around. But look at what we lost. A 1500+ Yd running back now playing college ball, a safety that had D1 offers that had to go to junior college for academic reasons l, a linebacker who was all state, a linebacker now at UT Martin, a DB now at UT Martin and another D1 committed linebacker out for the season. Also our team is banged up right now with some guys that are 50/50 on whether or not they’ll play.  Having lost all that from a team Peabody smoked, no t playing well in scrimmages and being banged up is the reason for my doubts. Like I said I just hope we can keep it from being a running clock game. 

More then likely, the game is not going to live up to the hype?

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You are correct Croppy and make a valid point. However, that is apples and oranges. The people/persons that my comment was directed to know exactly what I meant. 

2 hours ago, Tide21 said:

The rules that bpm applies to everyone else dont apply to him 

Bpm man used to call me stupid and he talked about one of our boys but he is real nice to me now and is my buddy.  He just calls me Roy now.  Im not joking either.