Westview travel to The Golden Tide

PeabodyPride

7 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Boy Huntingdon just can't get any respect on this board. Jacob Warbritton in 2012 set the all-time rushing rushing record for the state and I think still holds the record for a QB. Beat Milan, Trenton, Westview & Union City that season and doesn't even get mentioned. Little brother Brady starting safety as a freshman had 2 picks against Southside.

I was meaning more of the passing game. Warbritton was a stud no doubt on both sides of the ball. It wouldn’t be fair to compare Simpson because he doesn’t run the wing t like Warbritton did. Huntingdon has my respect. In my opinion, I have Westview being the team that represents the West just the fact I haven’t seen Huntingdon play yet, but Huntingdon is right there with them. Looking forward to coming up and seeing the new facilities later on in the season. I’m sure it will be another great game 

Can’t believe that I am commenting on this but Winn was 4-1 against Peabody in his high school career. He beat them as a freshman, moved away for his sophomore year, went 1-1 as a junior and then 2-0 as a senior. As a senior he completed 77% of his passes. He had more tds than incompletions. I would say he was pretty accurate. I have no idea how many tds he threw against Peabody but I remember 6 in one game.  He has been a tremendous role model for Ty the past 4 years. 

5 minutes ago, lionsupport said:

Can’t believe that I am commenting on this but Winn was 4-1 against Peabody in his high school career. He beat them as a freshman, moved away for his sophomore year, went 1-1 as a junior and then 2-0 as a senior. As a senior he completed 77% of his passes. He had more tds than incompletions. I would say he was pretty accurate. I have no idea how many tds he threw against Peabody but I remember 6 in one game.  He has been a tremendous role model for Ty the past 4 years. 

Legit question why is Simpson considered a 5 star and was being recruited by like 30 schools and Winn wasn’t ?  I’m curious what you think 

1 minute ago, Tide21 said:

Legit question why is Simpson considered a 5 star and was being recruited by like 30 schools and Winn wasn’t ?  I’m curious what you think 

Ty has spent his summers at every exposure camp across the US. Winn spent his summers throwing a baseball across the US.  Winn didn’t go to one football camp. Not saying it would have helped but it sure wouldn’t have hurt. Ty is a great football player and a fine young man. He has worked his tail off be as good as he is. I am not taking anything away from him and his accomplishments. He will do well at Bama!

1 minute ago, lionsupport said:

Ty has spent his summers at every exposure camp across the US. Winn spent his summers throwing a baseball across the US.  Winn didn’t go to one football camp. Not saying it would have helped but it sure wouldn’t have hurt. Ty is a great football player and a fine young man. He has worked his tail off be as good as he is. I am not taking anything away from him and his accomplishments. He will do well at Bama!

Makes sense I was just curious as to what you thought because you seemed to know details. 

3 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Wait what !!! Riverside is a good team that has 0 similarities to WestView ! I thought I miss read that for a second !

You are correct on the similarities and I believe I said riverside will be a good test for Huntingdon.  I don’t think I mentioned westview.

2 hours ago, horse said:

What grade is Simpson in?it’s been a rumor for years his daddy held him back a couple times. 

He was held back. His younger brother was also. Talked with a group of Westview parents who said their parents were trying to get all of them to hold their kids back but they werent having it. Westview has some talent coming up through their youth and Middle school programs.
I like that people keep saying that Huntingdon lacks speed. Are they slower than Dallas Willis and Ensley, yes. But to have 5 or 6 TD runs of over 65 yards in 2 games don’t happen if you are slow.

I know South Side don’t have Simpson but Huntingdon picked 5 ints Friday night. S Side had to throw the ball because they couldn’t  run against Huntingdon defense. Huntingdon had 3 big starters out Friday night and the ones that stepped up did great. A freshman with 2 picks and another freshman with a long punishing TD.
Mckenzies Marquez Taylor and their other back is going to make most team’s defensive look really bad this season. That goes for Peabody too. Don’t forget, he is also being recruited pretty hard.

Edited by Waker