Week 3 Milan vs South Gibson

Just now, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So I just learned that this game will not be on the radio this Friday and will not be streamed via 101.5. This is weird. I’ve been so accustomed to hear that broadcast when I could not be at a South Gibson vs Milan game. I can’t believe that they could find another way to show the games even if it was Facebook live. The guy broadcasting, Steven Rich, always did a great job and was a good ambassador for the school and kids. Something is up with that. I’m going to have to do some digging. 

I should clarify it will be on the Milan station but not 101.5. 

28 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So I just learned that this game will not be on the radio this Friday and will not be streamed via 101.5. This is weird. I’ve been so accustomed to hear that broadcast when I could not be at a South Gibson vs Milan game. I can’t believe that they could find another way to show the games even if it was Facebook live. The guy broadcasting, Steven Rich, always did a great job and was a good ambassador for the school and kids. Something is up with that. I’m going to have to do some digging. 

93.7 will carry the S Gibson and Milan game. 101.5 never carried S Gibson games. S. Gibson games used to be streamed on WNWS. South Gibson dropped wnws as the streaming operation for their games. They are now streaming them in-house and it is a pay-per-view service with no announcers and just crowd noise and video

1 hour ago, ReitzFan said:

93.7 will carry the S Gibson and Milan game. 101.5 never carried S Gibson games. S. Gibson games used to be streamed on WNWS. South Gibson dropped wnws as the streaming operation for their games. They are now streaming them in-house and it is a pay-per-view service with no announcers and just crowd noise and video

Are H.S. teams benefiting from streaming? The Milan/Peabody had over 10,000 people watched it over the internet. Is Peabody getting the benefit out of that?

1 hour ago, ReitzFan said:

My last post said it would be on the Milan station. I should have been clearer with the rest of what I said. When I said 101.5 carries, I meant online. 

31 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Are H.S. teams benefiting from streaming? The Milan/Peabody had over 10,000 people watched it over the internet. Is Peabody getting the benefit out of that?

I don’t know if they are benefitting monetarily from it or not. But I can tell you who is benefiting from it. The kids. Peabody’ sees the benefit of promoting their kids and program. Those kids are being showcased and it is a great thing. 

18 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Yeah, they didn't have a transportation issue, they had a "we didn't want to get beat by 68 (since that was the actual spread) issue."

Since the 2016 season Manassas only won 7 games total. They lost to Freedom Prep by a score of 50-0 last week. I understand driving from just north of St. Jude all the way to Milan is a long drive, but there shouldn't be an excuse. With that being said, there's a problem with West Tennessee teams playing these charter schools out of Memphis. I'm all for playing Millington, Bartlett, Arlington Collierville, Whitehaven, etc.

South Gibson played Westwood (coach by Orentheus Taylor), and lost 18-0 by Douglass, and they called Friday morning claiming there won't be a game due to Covid. 

Dyersburg has been playing MLK-Prep since the beginning of the 2015 season. Teams are much better off going to Kentucky and Missouri/Arkansas (specifically Dyersburg) to play a game. McNairy Central, Middleton, Adamsville, and Hardin County play Mississippi teams all the time.

With that being said, this is also a Milan issue. I understand scheduling football games are hard. But a Milan/Dyersburg matchup will be more intriguing. Keep in mind, they did play a preseason matchup.

In my experiences the charter schools have been much more professional than the smaller public schools. I've never heard anyone have much of a problem from the charter schools