WEEK 7 - Oak Ridge vs Powell

CardinalGrey

7 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Willie, I don't understand the obsession with Rogers, the kid hasn't played a down this year and even if he does make onto the field in a uniform, they are not going to just move him ahead of the players that have been practicing, playing, and starting since mid July.  

All good points ORC.

I guess I am so high on him because of a few things I read on 5StarPrep in the preseason. If I remember correctly they had Rodgers rated ahead of his West teammate Jai.  I have been pleased with Jai and if Rodgers is better then we have a talented Wildcat to place on the field. Also, Coach Gaddis has made a few good comments on his Show about Rodgers.

I like the idea of being faithful to Oak Ridge kids but if Rodgers is better then Rodgers should play.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 1:26 PM, SweetScience said:

I figure a few of us on here may as well just go to Wal-Mart, buy him a tent, sleeping bag, some kerosene, and chop up a few logs for him, because he’s gonna be camping out in our backfield all night from around 7/730 to 10 or so a few Friday nights from now, I’m afraid.

They really need a laughing emoji in the comments. That’s funny.

• Like 1

Oak Ridge better think of 2 or 3 plays they can run all night that gets ball out fast.We could triple team Nolen and couldnt block him.Big boy from Farragut maybe 75 looked like A.Donald vs us.The Beardon Dline looked like Alabama vs Alabama St.Dont feel bad Willie Im excited to see Rogers play to if it happens.He is 6'1 175 with D1 offers and proved he can play.He might be rusty but Ill take any help we can get and he at least has chance to be a star if he has got even better since last year.Even more important vs teams like Powell with big WRs cause 17 is a little on the small side.Guess we wont know unless he ever plays at Oak Ridge.Side note big shout out to Miner for another shut out last week.That man has coached a lot of them in his time at Oak Ridge

16 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

All good points ORC.

I guess I am so high on him because of a few things I read on 5StarPrep in the preseason. If I remember correctly they had Rodgers rated ahead of his West teammate Jai.  I have been pleased with Jai and if Rodgers is better then we have a talented Wildcat to place on the field. Also, Coach Gaddis has made a few good comments on his Show about Rodgers.

I like the idea of being faithful to Oak Ridge kids but if Rodgers is better then Rodgers should play.

Half way through the year and no sign of Rogers.  Gaddis said on Coaches Corner after week 1 that it would be two more weeks.  Here we are, 4 weeks later, and still no sign of Rogers playing.  I'm starting to think this could be an eligibility issue with him.  

Edited by oridgecat
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

I'm starting to think this could be an eligibility issue with him.  

That thought has come to my mind, too.  He was certainly shopped around a lot during the off season.  Hopefully Oak Ridge is doing its due diligence to be sure everything is on the up and up.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, HTV said:

That thought has come to my mind, too.  He was certainly shopped around a lot during the off season.  Hopefully Oak Ridge is doing its due diligence to be sure everything is on the up and up.  

The  idea has also come into my head HTV and ORC. I do not think Gaddis would break transfer rules knowingly, though. Who knows the kid could be injured?  Maybe we can get the Cat Voice (Clary) to ask HC Gaddis point blank what is going on tomorrow on his TV show.

AS for me, I am going to let this situation go and just worry about the kids who play for VictORy City. I do hope Rodgers is one of those players.

Powell is a great offensive team, they can score points from anywhere on the field, defensively, they are getting better as they learned a hard lesson from Maryville about not stopping the run. Clinton pushed them for a half, with Powell up 7-0 for most of the half, but the Dragons couldn't score and keep the heat on and wilted 30-0.  Oak Ridge is a good defensive team as they were last year, and they used a couple of picks to get up on Powell, then hold them off late.  For Oak Ridge to win, the defense has to pressure Potts and he can run, so you have to be ready for that, not get beat deep, keep everything in front of them.  On offense, Oak RIdge needs to be able to run the football, something they have struggled with this year and throw the ball effectively when needed. Oak Ridge cannot turn the ball over, its going to be hard enough to stop Powell if they are going 80 yards, but harder if they are only going 30 or less.  They also need turnovers from Powell on the Powell end to get a couple of short scores out of.  

1 hour ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

The  idea has also come into my head HTV and ORC. I do not think Gaddis would break transfer rules knowingly, though. Who knows the kid could be injured?  Maybe we can get the Cat Voice (Clary) to ask HC Gaddis point blank what is going on tomorrow on his TV show.

AS for me, I am going to let this situation go and just worry about the kids who play for VictORy City. I do hope Rodgers is one of those players.

Not insinuating that Gaddis did anything wrong.  Perhaps there are questions, which is part of why he's not playing?  

It's happened at many schools before.  All the schools can go by is what parents/guardians tell them.  Sometimes school administrators and coaches are lied to, but that still doesn't make them innocent.  Got to do due diligence.