New 1A AP Poll

PHSRollTide

43 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Happens a lot in Memphis. You'll see a team like Mitchell or Fairley play White Station or Whitehaven every year. The bigger schools are usually pretty merciful. Hope Creasy is in a good mood that day. 

I think this is different than that though. Oakland is basically a national ranked team. South Pitt might as well have agreed to play IMG 

3 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I just don't understand the point. I get playing tough teams because it really does make you better but when there's a gap that big no good comes from it. There's levels to this.

Heck might as well just schedule Bama ! All a 1 A gets from playing a national top 25 teams that dresses 100 plus isinjuries !!!!!!’

55 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Heck might as well just schedule Bama ! All a 1 A gets from playing a national top 25 teams that dresses 100 plus isinjuries !!!!!!’

^^^^ This. Plus what’s the reasoning? To prove you ain’t scared to play big schools. To me some coaches trying to prove something at his kids expense. To me what your classification is, your goal should be to first win your region and try to compete for gold balls in said classification. Just my opinion.

On 9/20/2021 at 5:23 PM, pujo said:

Good looking poll.

Yeah.  We don't belong in the top 10.  I know Hampton is a legit top 5 team in 2A but that game with you all was just too one sided.  We couldn't do anything and I think it will be similar if we have to play coalfield.  I think we hang pretty good with the rest of 2 1A.  

12 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Yeah.  We don't belong in the top 10.  I know Hampton is a legit top 5 team in 2A but that game with you all was just too one sided.  We couldn't do anything and I think it will be similar if we have to play coalfield.  I think we hang pretty good with the rest of 2 1A.  

Yep Coalfield will be an uphill climb, Beating the other teams in the region Isn't a given but you should have a pretty good chance.On a better note, I think you win the rest on your schedule except maybe Unicoi. In my mind, thats a very successful season.

2 hours ago, Tide21 said:

I think this is different than that though. Oakland is basically a national ranked team. South Pitt might as well have agreed to play IMG 

It's basically like Manny Pacquiao woke up one day and decided he was going to box Tyson Fury. Both great but have no business competing against each other. 

Edited by WarEagleCartman

6 hours ago, OldTownRoad said:

I hope all the kids make it through with few symptoms during the COVID outbreak that will occur that week at South Pitt.

I am going to call equine scat on this.  SP missed to games because Marion County Schools were closed spanning to Fridays.  That also impacted Whitwell, (Jasper (Maryann County) and SP.  It cost us 2 of our better games, Chatt Christian and Murphy NC.  It was on the Super of Schools not the teams.  Frankly, I don't think this game should have been scheduled.  But it is what it is and The Pirates won't run.

Edited by rlh

1 hour ago, pujo said:

Yep Coalfield will be an uphill climb, Beating the other teams in the region Isn't a given but you should have a pretty good chance.On a better note, I think you win the rest on your schedule except maybe Unicoi. In my mind, thats a very successful season.

Coalfield wasn't that great last year but played hard.  They are better this year but not enough.  However, we will see when Gordy goes to the Coalbucket.

2 hours ago, rlh said:

I am going to call equine scat on this.  SP missed to games because Marion County Schools were closed spanning to Fridays.  That also impacted Whitwell, (Jasper (Maryann County) and SP.  It cost us 2 of our better games, Chatt Christian and Murphy NC.  It was on the Super of Schools not the teams.  Frankly, I don't think this game should have been scheduled.  But it is what it is and The Pirates won't run.

That's Dr.  Griffith to you.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, THE KING said:

I'd just like to play Cloudland at home in the playoffs for a change.   It's been a while!