SP Pirates @ Dade Co (Stone Man & Granite Grider vs Wolverine Poston)

Southtowner

1 hour ago, sportman said:

All I'll say is there's a big difference between assistant coaching and Head coaching.  But when you don't have talent it's especially tough.  I saw alot of heart in SP last week in the 4th quarter, but this bunch has no leaders at all. Just really hard being a SP alumni and seeing this crap. 

I see it too, but listen, I put all the blame on Chris for leaving.  I don’t know any behind the scenes crap that may have led to him leaving and I’m not supposed to know those things.  So for me to blame him is okay.  Think about it.  He came in late, changed the culture, changed the offense and most of the defense, didn’t do this and didn’t do that, did too much of this and not enough of that, then bolted the same day he told the kids, the kids and coaches dealt with Covid shutdown, didn’t play or practice or condition for 3 weeks, now running the new complicated offense under co-head coaches who have been assistant coaches, main lineman is out with an injury, other lineman have already played more in just 4 games than all of the past 2 years, win a huge game against NJ in the last minute, QB goes down, backup QB is one of our best RB/WR’s, now playing a very good Dade Co team, our line is still the same, back up QB scrambling for his life, one of our best RB’s ever does all he can to break tackles and run around people, our best WR can’t get the ball thrown to him because team double and triple coverage him, due to lack of blocking and scrambling we can’t find any other receivers, btw did i mention a new offense being called by 2 assistant coaches who didn’t design it and 1 of those assistants/AD wasn’t even really coaching so he is still learning it, and above all that it is noticeable in the players demeanors that Chris Jones quitting on them hurt them mentally and emotionally.  It’s a bad, bad, complication situation for those young me coaches.  Best thing we can do it stand behind each of them and encourage them, motivate them, and show them we haven’t quit on them.  These young me deserve better.  It’s been a roller coaster since Vic stepped away.  Think of it this way…if you feel flustered and disgusted, then just imagine how those kids feel.  Think about that.  This isn’t geared towards Sportman.  I just happened to quote his post.  Love ya brother!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I see it too, but listen, I put all the blame on Chris for leaving.  I don’t know any behind the scenes crap that may have led to him leaving and I’m not supposed to know those things.  So for me to blame him is okay.  Think about it.  He came in late, changed the culture, changed the offense and most of the defense, didn’t do this and didn’t do that, did too much of this and not enough of that, then bolted the same day he told the kids, the kids and coaches dealt with Covid shutdown, didn’t play or practice or condition for 3 weeks, now running the new complicated offense under co-head coaches who have been assistant coaches, main lineman is out with an injury, other lineman have already played more in just 4 games than all of the past 2 years, win a huge game against NJ in the last minute, QB goes down, backup QB is one of our best RB/WR’s, now playing a very good Dade Co team, our line is still the same, back up QB scrambling for his life, one of our best RB’s ever does all he can to break tackles and run around people, our best WR can’t get the ball thrown to him because team double and triple coverage him, due to lack of blocking and scrambling we can’t find any other receivers, btw did i mention a new offense being called by 2 assistant coaches who didn’t design it and 1 of those assistants/AD wasn’t even really coaching so he is still learning it, and above all that it is noticeable in the players demeanors that Chris Jones quitting on them hurt them mentally and emotionally.  It’s a bad, bad, complication situation for those young me coaches.  Best thing we can do it stand behind each of them and encourage them, motivate them, and show them we haven’t quit on them.  These young me deserve better.  It’s been a roller coaster since Vic stepped away.  Think of it this way…if you feel flustered and disgusted, then just imagine how those kids feel.  Think about that.  This isn’t geared towards Sportman.  I just happened to quote his post.  Love ya brother!

Ding Ding Ding.  You nailed it.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Pm you nailed it with that post and I don't think anyone could have said it better. I still have faith in this team and coaching staff and plan to be in the stands supporting them win or lose. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Believe me, we have more this type seasons than yall, but as alumni and fans, thats all we can do.

It’s hard seeing the hurt in these kids eyes. Throw in the line struggles and injuries and it’s a tough pill to swallow. Finding a way to recreate an offense with the skill talent we have is crucial going forward . Right now, the 1st round is the ceiling for this team. As an alumni and fan, I will always support our teams. Go Pirates 

9 minutes ago, piratetom said:

It’s hard seeing the hurt in these kids eyes. Throw in the line struggles and injuries and it’s a tough pill to swallow. Finding a way to recreate an offense with the skill talent we have is crucial going forward . Right now, the 1st round is the ceiling for this team. As an alumni and fan, I will always support our teams. Go Pirates 

I see Gordy as yalls only competition in the east really.