SP Pirates @ Dade Co (Stone Man & Granite Grider vs Wolverine Poston)

Southtowner

5 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

You really should stop taking up for a guy who dumped on a bunch of 15-17 year old kids. It makes you look real stupid. This year will be the year that the majority of the seniors ever play another snap of football. I understand from what you guys have posted he left for money and I get it but it doesn’t make what he did right. What he did was wrong regardless of politics or old equipment or whatever dumb excuse you make up for this guy.  Stop taking up for him geno 

Tide you cant fix stupid.  Fact is the snake oil salesman Jones had already made all the money in the pros and wanted to come home to his dream job which that Griffith man told him how much he would make.  He told everyone that money was no issue.  Go back and read that article with his quotes back in April from that Hargis man.  Dream job and he was preparing 30 years.  Bunch of mess.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

Tide you cant fix stupid.  Fact is the snake oil salesman Jones had already made all the money in the pros and wanted to come home to his dream job which that Griffith man told him how much he would make.  He told everyone that money was no issue.  Go back and read that article with his quotes back in April from that Hargis man.  Dream job and he was preparing 30 years.  Bunch of mess.

Amen Roy ! You can’t teach integrity brother ! Some people just worry about them and not how they can be a positive force in someone’s life ! Imagine having money,no financial worries and getting to mold young men in your community to be great men and better your communities future ! It would be heaven for most, the devil is a slippery fella is all I will say !!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Geno said:

To anyone that still BLAMES Chris Jones and keeps on and on is completely ignorant!! For one this Team isn't built to run the Wing T Imo! I think it's hilarious when Chris brought his Grey Cup to town and was winning in Canada most of you Guys was kissing his Butt!! Now you wanna talk crap behind his back when NOT 1 of you that's talking crap has the Gonads to say it to Chris's Face!! Not 1 of you!! So if I were you I'd stay on the Couch or behind a Counter or Mop the Floor or whatever you do that's NOT Coaching! Is this your way of living a life of Competing now that 99.9% of you don't? I'm just wondering???? I'd have more respect for you if you admitted that it would take a idiotic Fool to turn down hundreds of thousands of Dollars! The reason the ones that still say they would have stayed is the ones that would never see that kind of Money in their lifetime!! Grow up Move on.. you guys do know there are still ways you can compete in Sports even at your age. But how the heck would I know!! 

1 hour ago, Geno said:

That could be 1 or 9... i also said I mean 6

I like to call people names? Lol ever post he makes is calling someone names. I don't see you saying a word to Him. I'm done with people that think they are better than everyone else. This Fam base is spoiled to the core and my guess is things are changing. Unless we go back  to padding wins bs losses by playing the Grundy Teams and Whitwells and lookout valleys etc etc... still haven't had 1 person answer my question

Name 2 Games that South Pittsburg has Won that we wasn't really suppose to win in the last 20 years. I'll wait.

Geno Geno Geno, cuz cuz cuz.  You know I do agree with several statement you made about real coaching in the past 20 years.  Also, when I seen Chris’s offense live and the way he called plays on offense and defense, the way he practiced some thing but never practiced other things, I was real excited because I thought man this is fast, we are in extraordinary shape, we run, we throw, everybody is playing multiple positions, and Chris is a genius of a coach.  I remember him saying in his glorified interviews at the Jasper Highlands and other locations that he was ready to slow down basically from the pros and return to his hometown and coach the young kids and mentor the even younger kids and bring excitement to the community.  He said, like all the other posters are telling you he said, that this was his dream job after being away for 30 years. When asked if money, meaning the difference between the pros and a 1A small county public high school, was a concern he blatantly said NO.  Now I know he worked his butt off getting here late spring without getting paid, but he knew that going into the job.  He said NO problem.  Then Covid hit during the early season and he hadn’t even worked his first month at the school as a teacher therefore hadn’t been paid yet, but these were all unforeseen incidents that affected every teacher.  Again, money was NO problem.  If Chris was here I’d tell it to his face but you know what he isn’t even in the country.  So he tells the kids then leaves immediately and never looked back.  He had this big interview set up like you would get from the pros teams on ESPN.  You know what??  Also he met with the community, the parents, and the fans.  He quit on ALL of us, even you Geno.  Whether you see it or not he did.  None of us are saying out of the past 4-5 coaches that he was the worst.  You keep throwing up all these feeling you’ve had about Grider & Co for years.  I didn’t like alot of Grider’s ways either, but he didn’t quit on those kids.  If it was about money and the opportunity came up, then why lie to get the high school (dream) job?  Did he not takes tours of the facilities before getting the job?  Everybody knows him and Vic Grider didn’t see eye to eye, but neither did you and Grider.  Yet you seem to be in Jones front pockets.  Hmmm sounds like to me there is a little hatred maybe stemming from the glory days back in 1981-1985.  Just saying.  Plain and simple, regardless of reasons, he quit on those young men who over a very should few months looked up to him.  That’s hard for anyone, but especially for some 14-18 year olds.    
BTW to any post that got an “upvote” the last couple pages it was mostly me.  Thank you all for supporting our kids.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO…. The village idiot has spoken.  I got my newspaper back out and that Snake oil salesman Jones man told that Hargis man that he had spent 30 years preparing for this job and that it was his dream job.  Money was no issue. He must have been unable to get a job last year and came down here and used his Alma mater as a part time job while looking.   He left high and dry in the middle of the night.  That little Grider man and stone man have to continue to run the offence and defence that the snake oil salesman Jones man started.  That snake oil salesman can stick those grey cups up his arse.  You think im joking but im not.

Roy I garuntee you that Snake oil salesman Jones man needs to hurry up and hire this Geno man to polish his poles in Canada. 

3 hours ago, Geno said:

What is so hard for you to understand.  You keep saying money was no issue. That was true. But that was referring to what South Pittsburg paid Him. Why would anyone stay when your equipment is 20+ years old. Building falling apart. Money missing. And political BS! Why would he stay? You guys think Chris is still your Friend but I assure you he seems what you say so I wouldn't bet on that. He has seen enough of the Towns BS to sell all property and never come back. Per Chris. I wouldn't blame Him if he didn't come back.  Isn't that the Dream of Coaches is to make it to the Pros? If you had a offer to go front Office at Ford for X amout, you wouldn't go? Of course you would.  I find it funny that everyone can say they wouldn't have quit especially when they didn't have a big Money offer on the Table. Friend? You're no Friend. If you were you would have Chris's back! For me. NO I don't like that HE left! I'm still upset about it because I know HE was our chance to get us to Chattanooga! BUT at the end of the Day this is a Game!! And Chris is my Friend and I'm proud of his accomplishments... so people like fake Roy and whoever else can say whatever they want about me. But those that know me knows "Friend " isn't a word I throw around alot. 

That's not why he's selling :razz: 

Geno it's real simple. He quit on the team, the fans,and the community. He is a liar. All these things you've said are excuses. Again he is a liar and he quit.

BTW when are you going up to Canada to polish the snake oil salesman's poles? 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, oneyewilly said:

That's not why he's selling :razz: 

Geno it's real simple. He quit on the team, the fans,and the community. He is a liar. All these things you've said are excuses. Again he is a liar and he quit.

BTW when are you going up to Canada to polish the snake oil salesman's poles? 

Yep he needs to just stop all this nonsense,its making himself look bad also.The guy made PROMISES!To kids and the community,made it into a huge deal,then ran off like he stole something.Its not my deal but I can see the issues it has caused and will cause for the team and Community.SMH.Us small town teams know how important our communities are.I guess being in that pro league he has lost the Community pride he may have had IF he ever did.

8 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Amen Roy ! You can’t teach integrity brother ! Some people just worry about them and not how they can be a positive force in someone’s life ! Imagine having money,no financial worries and getting to mold young men in your community to be great men and better your communities future ! It would be heaven for most, the devil is a slippery fella is all I will say !!!!

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

image.gif
^^^Geno polishing Jones’ pole^^^

LRDAO…. Geno you got fellars  like bpm and Peabody pride and tide 21 on the other side of this great state saying the snake oil salesman Jones is a coward for quitting on our boys after one game.  Fact is jones was a professional coach and this was not a new opportunity that he had never done before. He played politics and got in the back pocket of the right people to get the job. This was dream job and his mind he has been preparing 30 years for this job was his quote in that Hargis mans paper. Money was not a problem.  You think im joking but im not.  

Edited by Roy Dillard