Huntingdon @ Westview

footballover

19 hours ago, Beagle said:

Well  Camden played Westview and I really wasn't impressed at all.They were not physically better than us and we are not that physical.. Camden fumbled 7 or 8 times deep in our end (bad snaps nothing  forced}. Westview really never drove the field. They had a few big runs. 

If a bunch of softies made Camden cough it up 7 or 8 times in two quarters,  since that’s all they played, those hard nose Mustangs will make them put it on the ground 14-16 times in a half. 

The only way Huntingdon keeps it close is to score on just about every drive IMO. I'm not saying they can or they can't because I don't know. It's an interesting matchup for sure. I'm especially intrigued about this game. 

Best of luck to both teams on a clean game and staying injury free. :thumb:

2 hours ago, Waker said:

That you know of. But we both know there are others coming through the ranks. If we are being honest with ourselves. I have heard it directly from Martin parents mouths in the youth leagues.

I didn’t hear of parents doing that a lot when I was in school. But I do know these parents of youth league kids have a different outlook on things than the old heads. I expect some changes with a few things here in the next 10-15 years. 

8 minutes ago, Swarm said:

Do either of these teams have any players with college offers besides Westview's QB?

I’m not sure about these teams but the transfer portal and extra eligibility because of Covid has really hurt 2022 and 2023 kids. It will probably take several years for things to settle down. Seems like every FCS school has multiple power 5 transfers now, makes it hard on a 17-18 year old high school kid to get a roster spot. 

50 minutes ago, Swarm said:

The only way Huntingdon keeps it close is to score on just about every drive IMO. I'm not saying they can or they can't because I don't know. It's an interesting matchup for sure. I'm especially intrigued about this game. 

Best of luck to both teams on a clean game and staying injury free. :thumb:

Last few games we've scored on about every possession. I think we scored on 9 straight possessions against Milan. #57 Gordon I think has an offer from MTSU.

41 minutes ago, Kiddmaximus said:

I didn’t hear of parents doing that a lot when I was in school. But I do know these parents of youth league kids have a different outlook on things than the old heads. I expect some changes with a few things here in the next 10-15 years. 

Im not bashing parents for what they think is right or wrong for their kids(as long as it’s within the rules). I know if a kid has above the average high school abilities and you add another year to it, it can do wonders for a small town program.