Oakland hosting CPA - Thursday

CougarDadx2

6 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Why didn’t they kick a FG?

Looked like it was a rollout for a quick pass (probably the rub play that everyone runs/think Clemson TD to beat Bama) but the backside pressure was all over in a hurry and he couldn’t get rid of it, think they were hoping for a shot at the win and then settling for OT

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

Looked like it was a rollout for a quick pass (probably the rub play that everyone runs/think Clemson TD to beat Bama) but the backside pressure was all over in a hurry and he couldn’t get rid of it, think they were hoping for a shot at the win and then settling for OT

Sounds right. I’m happy it was such a good game. Wish a couple of plays had gone differently, but it was still a good experience for CPA. 

Just now, TOM4000Patriots said:

Wow what a game.  CPA has a great team.  Patriots defense kept working and gave another great effort.  Good luck to CPA in your season.   Go Patriots!

CPA played a whale of a game... better than I think LA... That will be a heck of a game when they meet  week after next I believe.  That last half of the 3rd and dang near all the 4th... it was just sheer grit of the Defense that won it. Oakland was outsized and muscled around. Congrats on a heck of a game....

1 minute ago, BreadTruck28 said:

Sounds right. I’m happy it was such a good game. Wish a couple of plays had gone differently, but it was still a good experience for CPA. 

CPA is a heck of a good team... cant wait to see how LA vs CPA turns out... Good luck on the rest of your season 

52 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Why didn’t they kick a FG?

I'd assume they were thinking pass for TD or nothing. Miss on it, kick FG. 10 seconds would accommodate that thinking. Worst case scenario happened with a sack, which you CAN'T let happen there. Just a good, timely play made by Oakland 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Woof!!  What a slugfest.   CPA pushed the line wherever they wanted on both sides of the ball for most of the game.   Cade Law owned the first half and Jordan Jaymes and Antonio Patterson owned the second. Oakland backs got traction bouncing to the outside in space.   Defense adjusted and buckled down.   CPA fumble on the Oakland 1 yard line was backbreaking.   Momentum completely shifted and Oakland got it done with hard nose defense.   Bending but not breaking.   

CPA is very impressive.   Huge strong kids.  Told someone at halftime that I hoped them Oakland boys were lifting weights in that locker room.   Smashmouth.   

Really looking forward to the CPA VS LA game.   Very different teams with the exception that they are both really good teams.  Gonna be a great game!  

Meanwhile Oakland continues to have to run the gauntlet.   Still have to play 7-0 Riverdale.   And 6-1 Rockvale.   No they aren't CPA or LA , but they're still 6A and good.   

Go Pats. 

• Like 2