1A and 2A FAVORITES FOR THE CHOO CHOO BOWL

footballover

40 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Absolute facts right here ! Never will forget it , 20 transfers from the powerhouses in Shelby and 32 seniors on a team of 45 is what he speaks of ! Absolutely the most talented 2A team I have seen with my own eyes that monster was !!!

It was worse than that it was like 20 something seniors on a team of 36. That senior class was sophomores when the coach started there and there were only like 10 sophomores it doubled by the time they were seniors but other classes didnt grow real odd 

1a West: Peabody, McKenzie, or Fayetteville 

1a East: South Pittsburg, Gordonsville, or Coalfield

Although the Pirates aren’t as good as they normally are I’m going to go with South Pittsburg to win the East they are still better than anyone in the East. I do think coalfield could give them a game in the semis. As for the West Fayetteville better be glad they won it last year, I don’t see them getting by Peabody or McKenzie..

I am going to go with a somewhat unpopular pick and say McKenzie vs South Pitt for the gold ball!

Edited by TheCommander

3 hours ago, TheCommander said:

1a West: Peabody, McKenzie, or Fayetteville 

1a East: South Pittsburg, Gordonsville, or Coalfield

Although the Pirates aren’t as good as they normally are I’m going to go with South Pittsburg to win the East they are still better than anyone in the East. I do think coalfield could give them a game in the semis. As for the West Fayetteville better be glad they won it last year, I don’t see them getting by Peabody or McKenzie..

I am going to go with a somewhat unpopular pick and say McKenzie vs South Pitt for the gold ball!

Coalfield dont have anything for SP or Gordy.Its a two horse race over here.

6 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Coalfield dont have anything for SP or Gordy.Its a two horse race over here.

Pulling for the Pirates on this side. Would like to see them win it all this year. Geno told me that sos established endurance training this year to help them boys get faster before he left. I didn’t know that Jones man knew what endurance meant. Come to think about it….Wasn’t they chasing chickens before sos showed up?  Roy told me not to listen to that Geno man. He was only good at painting goalposts. Said he took painting classes at Jasper several years ago. 

27 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

Pulling for the Pirates on this side. Would like to see them win it all this year. Geno told me that sos established endurance training this year to help them boys get faster before he left. I didn’t know that Jones man knew what endurance meant. Come to think about it….Wasn’t they chasing chickens before sos showed up?  Roy told me not to listen to that Geno man. He was only good at painting goalposts. Said he took painting classes at Jasper several years ago. 

So he is good at Painting poles too.Man of many hats!

2 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I just wonder if the guy that mentioned Connersville as a contender is a fan of them.....:roflol:

I mean, they did lead Fayetteville at the half 8-0. They could absolutely pull an upset if they get them again. 

Dont know much about 1A but in the West it seams a foregone conclusion that it will come down to Peabody and Fayetteville. In the East, I would be shocked if anyone other than SP gets there. 

As for 2A, it seems to me that Forrest/Riverside winner versus the Westview/Hunt winner. I do think people might be overlooking East Hickman. They are playing really good football right now. Winners of 6 of 7 and put up 40+ in each of those wins. The only loss in that stretch was Riverside 20-12. Im really not looking forward to them coming to Summertown. 

4 hours ago, sum1uno said:

The S.O.S. i.e. "Jasper" Jones installed a big sand pit and had them chasing mountain goats. 

28 minutes ago, Vandychris said:

I mean, they did lead Fayetteville at the half 8-0. They could absolutely pull an upset if they get them again. 

Dont know much about 1A but in the West it seams a foregone conclusion that it will come down to Peabody and Fayetteville. In the East, I would be shocked if anyone other than SP gets there. 

As for 2A, it seems to me that Forrest/Riverside winner versus the Westview/Hunt winner. I do think people might be overlooking East Hickman. They are playing really good football right now. Winners of 6 of 7 and put up 40+ in each of those wins. The only loss in that stretch was Riverside 20-12. Im really not looking forward to them coming to Summertown. 

Mckenzie is good Fayetteville hasn’t played against a running back as good as they have 

cornersville straight run them over up the gut i was surprised 

Edited by Tide21