Farrah-gut sales intwo tha Skeetur

STARSNBARS

Lett me ennurjeck rite hear....

1. MLREB whut inn tha werld iz sarcaism....???....Haz tha gubbermint gott us a vaxseen fer hit yet....???

b. And thaink ewe fer claryfyin' thait fer us Bgm.......Ok fellers and rw87 tha Farrah-gut cullur man down't thaink we haiv one ov Mairvul's betturer teems....Now we unnurrstaind this teem aint az goodur and eye haiv jist mooved tha Ads two a 77.7 pt favritt onn Fridee nite....:unsure:

Edited by STARSNBARS

1 hour ago, Bluegreymom said:

This opinion always puzzles me. Of course teams are going to leave their starters in to try to come back or at least do the best they can. I get that Maryville often doesn’t have to play it’s starters more than 2 or 3 quarters and I think that’s remarkable and a testament to their program but that’s not an entitlement. The other team isn’t obligated to pull their 1’s so that Maryville can rest their guys and get experience for their younger ones. 

also yeah, it goes without saying that this hasn’t been one of Farragut’s best years or best teams. I’m proud of them for turning a crap season into something good but yeah, we’ve had some issues this year for sure. 

We know the feeling from dealing with the 2000 team that lost it's first four them went on the rest of the way.

Edited by BarneySox2007

Four more days of looking for the chip for the shoulder. It is what elite teams often do to avoid letdowns during the week of practice. It won’t matter after kickoff Friday, and the winner won’t need it for their next contest. I expect a good hard fought game Friday.

PS-I’ll agree this murvil team is not elite, but they are pretty darn good. How good has been hard to tell this year IMO. Fairgut must be playing their best football at the right time.

4 hours ago, Bluegreymom said:

Lol this feels like manufactured drama. Literally nobody doubts Maryville’s talent or thinks that they are anything less than a powerhouse. This was one guy’s opinion. Is he right? Wrong? I have no idea, it’s one person’s opinion. I’m just saying if you are gonna amplify what he said, keep in its correct context. It feels like you want to make a big deal of minor stuff for the hype. 

I just re-reported what SNB had already reported, which was to play a clip. In the end, his opinion (Farragut radio commentator) doesn't matter and I know it is not the Farragut staff or the team, but it sure makes the week more interesting. 

Edited by Red Rebels

I've always thought that Labeling a Team as good , bad , elite , or whatever during the season was pretty silly . I've seen many Maryville teams that I didn't think was " Elite " during the season turn out to be Awesome by the time they got to State ... The Farragut announcer Eric Gerhardt is absolutely the best High School Football announcer I've heard and I'd take him over Bob Kesling any day . The other Guy is a Homer and all you have to do is Look back at what Happened in 1976 when Carlton Flatt decided to Slight the Rebels when the Rebels are given a little extra Fuel . 

• Like 1