MAHS @ Westview

WestviewAlumni

1 hour ago, Rocketboy21 said:

I have a question for the Westview people. Have they always played at UTM? Or did that start when the qb got to High school because of his dad? (Not related to the topic at all but have been curious this year). 

They have been playing there since the 1950's when it was Martin High School. It's pretty much their home field.  There was an effort back a few years ago to build a new stadium but was turned down by the school board due to cost so WV is still renting space for several thousand dollars per contract.

57 minutes ago, wes88 said:

They have been playing there since the 1950's when it was Martin High School. It's pretty much their home field.  There was an effort back a few years ago to build a new stadium but was turned down by the school board due to cost so WV is still renting space for several thousand dollars per contract.

From what I heard they are still pushing for a stadium to be built. Not to toot no horns but WV has the money. Just need the correct people in power to approve it. The parents of these real young kids want to have one built, Justin Harrell and chad Clifton both offered to help pay for one. 

This will be best defense Martin has seen all year. They’re big and fast Martin won’t be able to run on them because they weren’t able run on Huntingdon. #2 Miller will be the best athlete on the field probably be locked up on #12 from westview. The rest of dbs are good enough and fast enough to cover the other receivers. Martin had trouble slowing Huntingdons run game down and that is mahs bread and butter. they can throw but not their strong point. It’s going to be fun watching that offense going up against that defense. 

12 hours ago, horse said:

This will be best defense Martin has seen all year. They’re big and fast Martin won’t be able to run on them because they weren’t able run on Huntingdon. #2 Miller will be the best athlete on the field probably be locked up on #12 from westview. The rest of dbs are good enough and fast enough to cover the other receivers. Martin had trouble slowing Huntingdons run game down and that is mahs bread and butter. they can throw but not their strong point. It’s going to be fun watching that offense going up against that defense. 

I’m looking forward to the challenge they will face, they have heard for most of the season how good this team is and the team no one wants to face. I’m glad it’s in Martin! Are you coming to the game?

I would love to see this one live. Haven’t seen Simpson in person yet but hear he is the real deal. Was hoping a Chattanooga area team could meet them come playoffs but Meigs and Marion let me down. Neither could’ve defended pass against you guess. Don’t see Trousdale or Watertown doing any better either but look fwd to seeing you all there if you can get past MAHS and their athletes. Good luck to both. I’m just keeping it real

• Like 1