Best teem inn TN hi skool histree att 825

STARSNBARS

2 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

It should be. I'm not trying to knock last year's Maryville team, but they couldn't keep up with this year's bunch.

The defensive line is much much better than they were last year. The bandit pos and the interior LBs have much more time to react than last year. The dbs just need to be more consistent and adjustments need to be made on mismatches.  I think that the reading part is missing this year is with the LBs at times.  

Oakland is the transport portal of high school football with a bunch of connections behind the scenes pulling these strings all in the right places. This is what happens when adults do more than just donate money to a program. I can't believe the other schools in Rutherford County haven't blown the lid off of this and exposed the names and what their involvement is in bringing in players to fill the voids.

4 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Oakland is the transport portal of high school football with a bunch of connections behind the scenes pulling these strings all in the right places. This is what happens when adults do more than just donate money to a program. I can't believe the other schools in Rutherford County haven't blown the lid off of this and exposed the names and what their involvement is in bringing in players to fill the voids.

While I don't agree with the lax rules that allow for donors and recruiters to bring in players  through the back door and "transferring " , open zoning is really no better. Either way as a coach you have to find a way to compete against it, or attract kids to your school with style of play, uni's facilities and opportunity to play and be promoted to that next level, or as a player accept you are going to be lining up against the best players in the area/state and if you want to have a shot to play on Saturdays, you gotta put in the work and standout in your performances.  In short you gotta find a way to beat them or join them ....

4 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Working on your excuses already eh?

• Upvote 2

This is the year Oakland gets over the hump and takes Murvil to the woodshed.   Their own woodshed.   Oakland has faced and overcome some tremendous challenges this year.   Knockdown drag out battles with some very good teams in LA and CPA.  They've gotten better as the season has progressed.   I ain't calling for a running clock but think Oakland wins by 14 at the very least.   I  know Murvil hasn't lost a home playoff game since the signing of the Declaration of Independence but records are meant to be broken.   

33 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

While I don't agree with the lax rules that allow for donors and recruiters to bring in players  through the back door and "transferring " , open zoning is really no better. Either way as a coach you have to find a way to compete against it, or attract kids to your school with style of play, uni's facilities and opportunity to play and be promoted to that next level, or as a player accept you are going to be lining up against the best players in the area/state and if you want to have a shot to play on Saturdays, you gotta put in the work and standout in your performances.  In short you gotta find a way to beat them or join them ....

^^^^ Yup!  Let's not pretend the best programs are not getting the best players whether it is through open zones, recruiting, etc.  The best coaches, Saban, Dabo, Belichek, Coack K, etc attract the best talent and then do a better job of developing and "coaching  'em up".  It all starts with giving the better talent a reason to want to be a part of the program.