Best teem inn TN hi skool histree att 825

STARSNBARS

36 minutes ago, MERCYRULER said:

Trust me we do understand what you deal with. I have enjoyed the rivalry with Oakland. The games have been tight most of the time but some have been bruising to say the least. Nothing but respect for OHS here. They have always been a class act when we have visited there.  Here's to a great game between the kings of TN high school football. 

I can drink to that. I've always thoroughly enjoyed my visits to Maryville, win or lose

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

I would have figured if any fanbase in 6A understood the bs Oakland would have to put up with, it'd be Maryville. I think I see what BC was talking about now

Thank you. Nothing but respect for Maryville. Why some choose to make the same tired accusations that theyve had to deal with themselves is beyond me.

It was a slap on the wrist bc this social media violation they came up with was bs. AD is a glorified position in this area and the family had no contact with Oakland prior to his enrollment. The success recruits itself

Ehhhh, some of wrestling buddies up there are pretty close to JJ and his dad. Let's not be naive, pulling him from BA took some work and I'll leave it at that. 

Maryville folks some of yall are already conceding this game, have yall forgotten already your team has already pulled this off against Alcoa this year. Everyone left the stadium at the Maryville va Alcoa game knowing the better team lost. If you take away Alcoa receiver dropping the ball and Maryville picking it up and scoring, also a couple seconds before halftime Alcoa gets a crazy penalty for too many in the huddle that made the fg manageable Alcoa wins 27-20. And I'm just being honest if Alcoa had a kicker that could kick it for a touch back instead of giving yall good field position all night I doubt yall even score 20, but Maryville found a way to win, you guys just going to have to dig deep and try to pull this off again. You guys knew this machine was coming a day after Thanksgiving, you can't keep just playing the heritages, Farragut, Jeff County, Cleveland

16 minutes ago, StarBright87 said:

Maryville folks some of yall are already conceding this game, have yall forgotten already your team has already pulled this off against Alcoa this year. Everyone left the stadium at the Maryville va Alcoa game knowing the better team lost. If you take away Alcoa receiver dropping the ball and Maryville picking it up and scoring, also a couple seconds before halftime Alcoa gets a crazy penalty for too many in the huddle that made the fg manageable Alcoa wins 27-20. And I'm just being honest if Alcoa had a kicker that could kick it for a touch back instead of giving yall good field position all night I doubt yall even score 20, but Maryville found a way to win, you guys just going to have to dig deep and try to pull this off again. You guys knew this machine was coming a day after Thanksgiving, you can't keep just playing the heritages, Farragut, Jeff County, Cleveland

Mr Bright we have to play Farragut and Cleveland they are in our region. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, pepvol said:

As a Maryville fan having to listen to people WHINE about Maryville having some kind of advantage here on CoachT for over 20 years , it's amazing to me that any Maryville fan will now get on here and whine about some other team's advantages ... how about us Maryville fans acting like we've been here before and quit whining about Refs and other team's advantages !! Maryville's great tradition isn't just about winning , it's about Winning and Losing with CLASS ... Maryville means too much to me to just sit quietly by and let Maryville's reputation go to crap on here because a few people want to act like all the Whiners we've had to deal with these past 20 years . I know this will piss some people off and I really don't give a Dam . How bout no more whining and no more excuses for the rest of the week ??!!

Lot of respect for this post. 

7 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Mr Bright we have to play Farragut and Cleveland they are in our region. 

I understand that and I'm not talking about you per say you might not have lost hope and truly believe Maryville can and will win. But the interest for this game is blowing off the roof so many had this game circle since day 1, even on the Virginia forum people are excited about this game and reading this thread this game is already becoming a letdown. Rw what I'm about to say will never takeaway the 17 or 18 state titles, will never take away the dominance of Maryville but I was just pointing out on this particular night whatever week it was little brother man handled Maryville and you guys still found a way to win. Don't concede yall just going to have to figure out a way to do it twice, like MidTennFootball been saying Oakland has never come to 825 and left victorious 

4 hours ago, pepvol said:

As a Maryville fan having to listen to people WHINE about Maryville having some kind of advantage here on CoachT for over 20 years , it's amazing to me that any Maryville fan will now get on here and whine about some other team's advantages ... how about us Maryville fans acting like we've been here before and quit whining about Refs and other team's advantages !! Maryville's great tradition isn't just about winning , it's about Winning and Losing with CLASS ... Maryville means too much to me to just sit quietly by and let Maryville's reputation go to crap on here because a few people want to act like all the Whiners we've had to deal with these past 20 years . I know this will piss some people off and I really don't give a Dam . How bout no more whining and no more excuses for the rest of the week ??!!

Great post!

3 hours ago, pepvol said:

I got an idea , I think I'll talk about the game  ... I think Maryville overall is better than last year . Our QB Carson Jones is really amazing and probably a little under used because of other weapons we have such as Noah Vaughn , DJ Burks and Fortenberry ... Noah completely transformed himself since last year , he's nearly unrecognizable with all the Muscle and speed that he added on . I really thought we'd be hurting without Parker Mcgill but Noah has really stepped in and then some . Our Line has played very well this year and just overall the level of the entire Offense has been raised . On Defense we have played some outstanding defense this year . Like any defense we have our Strengths and weaknesses , but overall it seems like we have a little more Quickness this year . DJ Burks has been outstanding of course as expected and we have several guys that play with a lot of intensity . I think for Maryville to have a Chance against an Oakland team that returned the majority of an already unbelievably talented team from last year , our Defense is going to have to play with an intensity we haven't seen all year . We can play our assignments perfectly and still not stop their Stud RB James if we don't arrive with a fire and intensity that will bring him down . 

I expect a close , hard fought game and I know both teams will play their Hearts out . How do you Oakland fans think your team compares to last year ? Has the QB lived up to your QB from last year ? 

Grat attitude Pep!:thumb: