East Nashville vs Alcoa 3a Championship

EastNasty

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

They can't stand Rankin because a lot of them have never been disciplined before. Once he's gone a year or two you'll start to see the strings start unravelling. Mark my words and revisit this two years after he is gone.

It blows my mind people can be so stupid. That dude is the goat kinfolks. You don’t know what you go till it’s gone! Alcoa would still be Alcoa but the program takes a step back after a few years when he hangs it up. Discipline goes a long way in football. I’m just keeping it real

10 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

How would murvul fans feel if they never could get past Oakland ? Year after year ending at 14-1? What if Oakland was 5 miles away? What if you had as much talent,  but most of the time came up short? Would that be acceptable? Year after year? You would be happy with that? Your lying to yourself if you would.....

Funny thing, is us Alcoa fans are ALREADY hearing the grumbling about Coach Hunt...FROM the rebels fan base and community. 

How would you feel if he left and you get another coach and lose in 2nd round with all that talent? Trust me Tyner has seen it for years. Maryville is 6A kinfolk and always a powerhouse. Y’all better know your place and be happy collecting Gold Balls like tic tacs. The show will be over one day and all the people belly aching will look like idiots. 

33 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

How would you feel if he left and you get another coach and lose in 2nd round with all that talent? Trust me Tyner has seen it for years. Maryville is 6A kinfolk and always a powerhouse. Y’all better know your place and be happy collecting Gold Balls like tic tacs. The show will be over one day and all the people belly aching will look like idiots. 

....yea, those years before him where rough....two straight State Championships, three in 5 years. Alcoa won in 2000,2004,2005 Rankin came in 2006. Kept the same staff....Yup idiots.

11 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

How would murvul fans feel if they never could get past Oakland ? Year after year ending at 14-1? What if Oakland was 5 miles away? What if you had as much talent,  but most of the time came up short? Would that be acceptable? Year after year? You would be happy with that? Your lying to yourself if you would.....

Funny thing, is us Alcoa fans are ALREADY hearing the grumbling about Coach Hunt...FROM the rebels fan base and community. 

Any Maryville fans complaining about Derek Hunt is an idiot.  He is doing a great job.  I would take a few losses to Alcoa if it meant winning championships every year.  Alcoa wins 3A almost every year.  There is no drop off in sight for Alcoa 

3 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

....yea, those years before him where rough....two straight State Championships, three in 5 years. Alcoa won in 2000,2004,2005 Rankin came in 2006. Kept the same staff....Yup idiots.

Those teams were good no doubt. I recall Lindsey and company but your comparing apples to oranges kinfolk. Your success has blinded you from reality. I’m just keeping it real

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BCsportsfan said:

Heard of Coach Nix?! :lol: Look at what his defenses have done over the years. :thumb:

What’s his record? How many titles has he won during the same span? You guys had more talent on those teams than you have had sense then and you still didn’t beat people like y’all beat people now. Rae Sykes, Brandon Warren…come on kinfolk…I hope y’all get what you want though. I can assure you the program won’t win anywhere close to 13 of the next 16 after he leaves. As long as you get an upset over the Maryville once every 5 years I guess that’s all that matters. Im just keeping it real

28 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

What’s his record? How many titles has he won during the same span? You guys had more talent on those teams than you have had sense then and you still didn’t beat people like y’all beat people now. Rae Sykes, Brandon Warren…come on kinfolk…I hope y’all get what you want though. I can assure you the program won’t win anywhere close to 13 of the next 16 after he leaves. As long as you get an upset over the Maryville once every 5 years I guess that’s all that matters. Im just keeping it real

:lol: You clowns are on here arguing with BC about Alcoa football?  Comical. Coach Rankin is second to none when it comes to discipline. Coach Nix, Gamble and the rest of the crew have been under him for years. He has groomed them during that time to be ready to take over the program when the time comes. That’s what good head coaches do! There isn’t anyone that I know of that you idiots claim can’t stand Rankin. Everyone is fully aware of his accomplishments as one of the greatest high school coaches in the country. He’s definitely done more for the Alcoa program than Hunt has done, or will ever do, at Murvul. So, you peeps can continue to wish and dream, but the fact is Alcoa will continue to be Alcoa for a very long time. We all have coach Rankin to thank for that! :thumb:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Throwdeslant said:

:lol: You clowns are on here arguing with BC about Alcoa football?  Comical. Coach Rankin is second to none when it comes to discipline. Coach Nix, Gamble and the rest of the crew have been under him for years. He has groomed them during that time to be ready to take over the program when the time comes. That’s what good head coaches do! There isn’t anyone that I know of that you idiots claim can’t stand Rankin. Everyone is fully aware of his accomplishments as one of the greatest high school coaches in the country. He’s definitely done more for the Alcoa program than Hunt has done, or will ever do, at Murvul. So, you peeps can continue to wish and dream, but the fact is Alcoa will continue to be Alcoa for a very long time. We all have coach Rankin to thank for that! :thumb:

Barking up wrong tree kinfolk. I’m not from Maryville or arguing with anyone. Facts are he is the best thing that’s ever happened to Alcoa. BC indicated the program was already what it is before him and that’s not true. I watched many of Alcoa games and those earlier 2000 teams were so talented about any coach could’ve won it with them. I’m giving respect to Rankin for what he has accomplished and laughing at those saying Alcoa fans hate him and want him gone. I’m just keeping it real

6 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Barking up wrong tree kinfolk. I’m not from Maryville or arguing with anyone. Facts are he is the best thing that’s ever happened to Alcoa. BC indicated the program was already what it is before him and that’s not true. I watched many of Alcoa games and those earlier 2000 teams were so talented about any coach could’ve won it with them. I’m giving respect to Rankin for what he has accomplished and laughing at those saying Alcoa fans hate him and want him gone. I’m just keeping it real

Coach Rankin inherited a program that was in great shape. The feeder programs were in great shape and still are.  Coach Reid was another excellent coach that brought in some of the best assistants in the state. Fortunately, some are still very much involved with the program. Again, when the time comes, coach Nix will be well suited to continue the tradition at Alcoa. :thumb: It’s okay to continue to laugh at your Murvul kinfolk, as most are still butthurt over their string of not making it to the BIG game. :lol:

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

I’m confused why do people want Rankin gone fill me in