AAA state tournament matchups & predictions

Bballhoops1

10 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yes sir UT Martin definitely got a steal. Stay healthy & the sky is the limit. I definitely understand what you mean, I am going for any West Tn team unless we play each other lol

She will show out there like Chelsea Perry did from Middleton. Glad us locals get to see her play around here! I didn't realize she was out this year too. I thought she was back playing

1 hour ago, sportslover88 said:

She will show out there like Chelsea Perry did from Middleton. Glad us locals get to see her play around here! I didn't realize she was out this year too. I thought she was back playing

Yea she been out all year. Luckily we have a great coaching staff that develops kids. We lost a 15-20 scorer, a 8-12 rebound a night player that is arguably 1 of the top players in AAA. It was a huge loss but we manage to get to Murfreesboro anyways. It will be a no brainer with her in our lineup imo. 

I am also excited to have her local to be able to see her at the collegiate level. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 4:40 PM, UCSportsFan said:

Upperman is playing the best ball they’ve played all year. No one will be sleeping on Lizbethton I can promise you that. Program is way too good for anyone to overlook them. Upperman defense could be the difference if they get the lead.  I think Page wins by double digits. Greeneville in a close one over SS and Creekwood over FW. 

You must have bad blood with South Side. You never predict them or have much good to say about them. I hope the teams on the other side of the river can handle real pressure because what they did to Murfreesboro Central was absolutely torture.

1 hour ago, BallIsLife1 said:

You must have bad blood with South Side. You never predict them or have much good to say about them. I hope the teams on the other side of the river can handle real pressure because what they did to Murfreesboro Central was absolutely torture.

1 hour ago, BallIsLife1 said:

I'm not in the habit of speaking for another poster, but I think UCSportsfan is picking Greeneville over Southside, because he wants to see a return match with Greeneville and Upperman. I'm inclined to agree with him. This rematch would be the "Clash of the Titans" and would be great for Tennessee girl's basketball. 

52 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

I'm not in the habit of speaking for another poster, but I think UCSportsfan is picking Greeneville over Southside, because he wants to see a return match with Greeneville and Upperman. I'm inclined to agree with him. This rematch would be the "Clash of the Titans" and would be great for Tennessee girl's basketball. 

You would be correct! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Yea he do! He is a real hater 

11 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

You would be correct! 

9 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

We all know when kids get to the Glass House any thing can happen. Any body can beat any body. Kids that play with the most poise up here wins. Not a lot of suprises in my eyes because all teams up here are pretty good teams because going through the Region and Sub-state is difficult for all. 

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, HawkGuy06 said:

He's just keeping it real.  FWIW, I'm personally pulling for Southside but don't have a lot of confidence in them due to their perennial powder puff schedule.   Only 8 teams in the top 25 in 3A have a lower SOS rating than Southside.  It ranks 6th out of the 8 teams remaining.  It pays to be battle tested this time of year.

3 hours ago, Cballer said:

He's just keeping it real.  FWIW, I'm personally pulling for Southside but don't have a lot of confidence in them due to their perennial powder puff schedule.   Only 8 teams in the top 25 in 3A have a lower SOS rating than Southside.  It ranks 6th out of the 8 teams remaining.  It pays to be battle tested this time of year.

Thank you!  SS never plays anyone leading up to the tournament. The only 2 tough teams they played all year they got beaten by. GC and Loretto. So if SS beats a very good Greeneville team then I’ll show respect for the program. I have zero issues with the children that play the game. Never have never will.