AAA state tournament matchups & predictions

Bballhoops1

Page ain't beating South Side......they didn't look great on the film I saw on them, now granted I do like a few pieces, mainly #3 and the shooters, but they haven't seen the type of pressure defense that South Side is bringing, and I wonder if #2 is gonna be able to score against quickness and athleticism??? 

South Side by at least 12.

1 hour ago, HawkGuy06 said:

What’s laughable is you going for us but saying this & that. Go on & say your going for Page lol it’s ok. 

I will say this Greenville is much better than page imo! 54 is a lot of points unless we score 55 or more! The objective is to score more points than your opponent! We played good defense but Greenville was making shots, it be like that so times. They are averaging 67 points a game! So we did great imo but keep having your doubts! Friday we will hopefully silence you doubters! 

I must say @HawkGuy06 you have some athletic, fast, and tenacious girls on that team.  Full speed ahead at all times.  Glad my Lady Greene Devil's never gave up and played their hearts out (Could have easily folded when you all made it double digit lead early on).  There are only two Senior on that team so hoping to make it back next year.

Edited by Swipes

27 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I must say @HawkGuy06 you have some athletic, fast, and tenacious girls on that team.  Full speed ahead at all times.  Glad my Lady Greene Devil's never gave up and played their hearts out (Could have easily folded when you all made it double digit lead early on).  There are only two Senior on that team so hoping to make it back next year.

Thanks. Yea we knew y’all will make a run. Y’all are probably the best team that we have played this year. Y’all have shooter everywhere! Y’all have one of the fastest pgs in the state. Y’all are much better than I personally thought! For us to keep your offense to 54 was a blessing.

We have 2 seniors that play that will graduate, so we will definitely look forward to getting back the next few years 

10 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Thanks. Yea we knew y’all will make a run. Y’all are probably the best team that we have played this year. Y’all have shooter everywhere! Y’all have one of the fastest pgs in the state. Y’all are much better than I personally thought! For us to keep your offense to 54 was a blessing.

We have 2 seniors that play that will graduate, so we will definitely look forward to getting back the next few years 

That PG for Greeneville's is the younger sister of Connor Debusk the starting PG last years for the boys team.  Their dad was a really good basketball player and still leads Tusculum in all-time assists and their Uncle was the starting QB on the Furman 1988 national championship team and now the AD at Dobyns Bennet.

There are some really good teams still left but will be pulling for you all and Betsy since they came from our region

38 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Greeneville's ladies played a super tough game. Were down double digits a couple of times and fought hard to tie the game late. Lots to be proud of!

South Side also showed toughness in adversity.

Now if we're able to clean up some free throws and make more wide open layups we may be in good shape.

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

54 minutes ago, Swipes said:

That PG for Greeneville's is the younger sister of Connor Debusk the starting PG last years for the boys team.  Their dad was a really good basketball player and still leads Tusculum in all-time assists and their Uncle was the starting QB on the Furman 1988 national championship team and now the AD at Dobyns Bennet.

There are some really good teams still left but will be pulling for you all and Betsy since they came from our region

Understand! Thanks a lot 

11 minutes ago, UTRok said:

Watched the Upperman game on NFHS. It was really wasn't the contest I thought it would be. I will say the PG for Elizabethton is good. They had no answer at all for Johnson.

Upperman is going to be a hard out. The intensity and focus on the defensive end is uncanny for highschool basketball. 

Personally I thought Upperman has been playing a lot better on defense than it showed today but I have to remind myself Lizbethton is pretty dang good!  Great win for the Lady Bees. One game at a time!  Playing teams like White County 3x Livingston Academy 2-3x Greeneville,Oakland etc… prepares you for these games. AAA is going to be one tough division year in and year out. White County and Livingston will be forces to deal with. Putnam County’s middle school programs are loaded with talent. Now you add Page to the region and it’s tough sledding. So we are going to have some wars over here to even make it to the glass house!

Edited by UCSportsFan

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

Doug Debusk, father of Delana and Conor, also Quarterbacked Greeneville's football team way back when, after his brother was QB. I've known Doug since he was about 7 or 8. He comes from a great family, most of whom having passed away. Quality folks.