Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2022-23

mas1821

14 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

McKenzie won by 24 the first time these two met. I've seen McKenzie play a lot the last couple years and this was by far the best I've seen them play. I thought the Fillies played well but still got blown out. Shame the Lady Rebels were not at full strength for this encounter. They are having to play kids that are not ready to play tough competition. This was a great win for the Fillies but if Ms Davis had been there it would it would have been a tall task.

Be interesting to see when she will get back. I do think losing their post to an ACL will be tough on them as well. I think the post was already out when y’all played the first time. McKenzie probably learned last night that dominant post play can expose them. I would imagine that Huntingdon will see more 2-3 zone looks down the road. Because of y’all’s dominant post play.

39 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Westview held off a tough Elizabethton team today in the Hilton Head tournament. Probably the worst Westview has shot outside all season! They even came out of their zone and played man to man some

Bring back some old memories?? Them two played a bunch at state in the first round for years it seemed. Good win for Westview. Elizabethton is a good team. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

Westview held off a tough Elizabethton team today in the Hilton Head tournament. Probably the worst Westview has shot outside all season! They even came out of their zone and played man to man some

Who ranks these teams, Westview at #10 and undefeated, they keep winning and just keep going down.

15 hours ago, wes88 said:

Who ranks these teams, Westview at #10 and undefeated, they keep winning and just keep going down.

The #10 is a Strength Ranking on CoachT. It uses an algorithm based only on results from in-state games since that's all the website keeps up with. The first two wins at Hilton Head didn't help Westview with that. Their strength ranking will change once they get into the ultra-tough 12AA schedule with Gibson Co. & Huntingdon.

2 hours ago, NWhoopaholic said:

The #10 is a Strength Ranking on CoachT. It uses an algorithm based only on results from in-state games since that's all the website keeps up with. The first two wins at Hilton Head didn't help Westview with that. Their strength ranking will change once they get into the ultra-tough 12AA schedule with Gibson Co. & Huntingdon.

I’ll talk to Coach / we all pay too much attention to those polls / Summertown won softball state couple  years ago and poll had #3 in last poll / it’s all computer generated may need new computer 

9 hours ago, Greenecounty said:

I have seen York play and Alcoa play.  I would take Alcoa.  They have 5 starters who could each score 20 any given night.  3 have already signed to play at the next level.  

McMinn Central beat Alcoa by 22 York beat Central by 15, but not sure if everyone played.  Just a couple years ago Meigs had 5 seniors starters that all signed to play at the next level and they barely got by a young York team in sub state. I think I would give the edge to York in the East but 2A is loaded this year.